News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Well, Trump is a Kenyan, born in Kenya ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 20, 2020, 06:37:42 PM
This is like the 4th most embarrassing thing Giuliani has done this week.
Wait till Giuliani attempts to collect his lawyer fees from Trump, LOL.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 20, 2020, 07:45:55 PM

Why?  Will you expropriate the crooked income of all the lawyers?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 20, 2020, 06:37:42 PM
Trump legal team can't even get the states right
This is like the 4th most embarrassing thing Giuliani has done this week.

Rudy G - Bloody Sweat and Tears...Old Bug-eyes does it again! He'll have a career in stand-up comedy when Trump's done with him.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cassia on November 20, 2020, 07:45:55 PM

Yeah, Old Bug-eyes wants $20 thousand a day. Nice work if you can get it.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

I hope y'all can help me answer a question:

If Biden is somehow prevented from taking the Oath of Office, will Trump remain president, or does he lose the office at noon on 1/20/21 regardless?
God Not Found

Hydra009

After meeting with Trump, Michigan lawmakers say they see nothing to overturn Biden's win

QuoteRepublican state lawmakers from Michigan met with President Donald Trump at the White House on Friday and said afterwards that they were not "made aware of any information that would change the outcome of the election in Michigan."

QuoteThe White House meeting came as Trump's lawyers are calling for state legislatures, including Michigan's, to name Trump electors in states won by President-elect Joe Biden.

"The entire election, frankly, in all the swing states should be overturned, and the legislatures should make sure that the electors are selected for Trump," campaign lawyer Sidney Powell told Fox Business on Thursday.
If they did, wouldn't that literally be a coup d'etat?

Just imagine for a second, a Democratic candidate (let's say Hillary) meeting with Texas reps and demanding that Texas hand her all their electoral votes even though she came in second.  Essentially, not getting enough votes to win the state but winning the state anyway (in that case, what's the point of voting?) thereby undermining the election results not only of the state but also the entire country.  Could you imagine headlines?  Could you even imagine any Texas reps signing off on a scheme like that?

There would be people in the streets calling for their heads on pikes and for good reason.  They would be rigging the election in Hillary's favor, countermanding the collective will of the people, essentially trampling on US voting rights, betraying US democracy and instituting some sort of banana republic sham election in its place.  Not just illegal and morally repugnant, but a direct attack on the very heart of the Republic.

Trump tries it and people act like it's either no big deal (because they're so used to bad behavior that it's somehow acceptable now) or they willingly aid this democracy-destroying coup attempt (what's the harm in humoring him?)

It's so unreal that we're even in this sort of position.  Anybody else would have listened to the will of the people, looked at the writing on the wall, and for the good of the Republic, would have preparations to hand over the Presidency to the President Elect.  The President was never supposed to be King, and it damn sure isn't supposed to be Dictator For Life!

Baruch

Democracy ... legal coup de etat every two/four/six years depending on office type.  Yeah, hate that democracy thing.  A perpetual Obama dictatorship is so much better.  Democracy ... per Salafists, we will get into office using democracy, then cancel all democracy in favor of Sharia, which doesn't allow democracy.  Question: Why do Democrats ally with Muslims?

There are all sorts of legal systems to secure a "finality" to a vote in the US.  The best and most usual is ... both parties cheat, but they cancel each other out or the cheating is too small to make a difference.  Then one side wins big enough it is obviously certifiable by the various boards of elections.  The Media does not declare any winners ... that would be stupid.  But they have been doing this since the 1800 election (first one with parties).

In the event that there is too much cheating, or the winner is unclear, there are legal provisions for that eventuality.  That is also part of the law.  As long as you follow the law (even while cheating ... see any pro sport) it isn't a coup de etat, it is a normal change of representative.  Even in the case of Gore vs Bush (because SCOTUS).  If you threaten boards of elections or threaten lawyers or threaten judges, that is a coup de etat on a small scale.  Democrats are good at that (see 1860).

One situation is someone burns up all the paper votes before they are counted ... what to do?  Each state has their own rules (we are not the Soviet Union).  The election isn't certified (if the board of elections is doing their job).  What if the board of elections doesn't do their job?  In America we file lawsuits (we don't Burn Loot Murder).  What if an elected official doesn't do their job?  We impeach them, including judges (like could happen to Judge Sullivan in the Flynn case).  Judge Sullivan is loyal to Obama, not to the Constitution.  We also have appeals courts and supreme courts at state and national levels ... and state level can lead to SCOTUS, which has the final say (until Congress decides otherwise).

Since Congress decides over SCOTUS in cases of legitimate legislation (SCOTUS decides on abusive law or abusive Executive) that is why the ultimate break the glass is "state delegation vote" in Congress (not by individual reps).  The states stand in the way of tyranny from Washington DC.  This failed in 1860, because the Democrats (N & S) broke the system.  Had they stayed in Union, it could be resolved by SCOTUS, which recognized that slavery was legal.  And we would have burned all the "damn Yankees".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 20, 2020, 10:53:13 PM
I hope y'all can help me answer a question:

If Biden is somehow prevented from taking the Oath of Office, will Trump remain president, or does he lose the office at noon on 1/20/21 regardless?
According to the video of Von Jones (posted by Hydra somewhere), the matter is referred to Congress, and all votes are thrown out.  The President is then appointed by Congress.  It does not have to be one of the original candidates.  It can be anyone they choose as if no vote had taken place.

Trump's assumption is that if he succeeds in preventing the election to be certified, he would be appointed by congress because he got the second most votes or possibly because his supporters would take to the streets in some sort of riotous protest, and Congress would appoint him to prevent further chaos.  But it's also an entirely new ball game and Congress could choose a moderate Republican which may placate many Democrats.  I think all Trump has to do is convince one state not to certify its vote count and the whole vote is nullified.  He's banking on Congress appointing him.

Unbeliever

Yes, but if the inauguration is disrupted, will Trump cease being president at noon even if Biden and Harris are prevented from taking the oath of office? Would the speaker of the House become acting president?
God Not Found

SGOS

Quote from: SGOS on November 21, 2020, 02:09:20 PM
I'm not sure, but it doesn't go to the speaker of the house as in the case of a dead president and vice president.  I remember hearing that the appointment is supposed to happen before the inauguration, specifically so that the country is NEVER without a president.  I'm not sure why this is important, and knowing how long it takes Congress to do anything, it doesn't seem like something that could happen that fast.  None of this answers your question, of course.  What happens if Trump just keeps dicking around with the states, the courts, and Supreme Court, and the critical states still fail to certify the ballot count?  I guess the founding fathers didn't foresee such a thing.  Democracy is fragile.  It must be cared for, by both the people and the administrators.  Many things can cause the system fail.  Which is why it's fragile.  And then of course there's Trump, the leader of the lunatic fringe, and I don't think those people know what a democracy is, and wouldn't want one if they did know.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 21, 2020, 11:39:20 AM
According to the video of Von Jones (posted by Hydra somewhere), the matter is referred to Congress, and all votes are thrown out.  The President is then appointed by Congress.  It does not have to be one of the original candidates.  It can be anyone they choose as if no vote had taken place.

Trump's assumption is that if he succeeds in preventing the election to be certified, he would be appointed by congress because he got the second most votes or possibly because his supporters would take to the streets in some sort of riotous protest, and Congress would appoint him to prevent further chaos.  But it's also an entirely new ball game and Congress could choose a moderate Republican which may placate many Democrats.  I think all Trump has to do is convince one state not to certify its vote count and the whole vote is nullified.  He's banking on Congress appointing him.

That isn't the only outcome (see 2000) but it is the final straw.  Got a match? ;-(  The usual Senate isn't the decider, neither is the House, it is a special convocation (at Jeff Epstein's house, whoopee).  Technically, I agree that status quo is the norm.  The norm established by Reagan or by Obama is the question? ;-)  I consider the Bush & Clinton influence to be totally illegitimate.  Was Obama too close to Hillary however?  Disclosure .. I voted for Reagan twice and Obama twice .. so ...

If Pelosi is temporary President, she should rescind all US laws going back to 1788 ;-)  Since we now know that all people are of African descent, we can enslave everyone!!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

I was just thinking how.....
obviously George Soros in 2030 had his head severed and cryogenically frozen, so that in the year 3022 when time travel was finally invented, he could travel back in time, and save Jeffrey Epstein from being murdered in jail, and they could collude with the DNC chair to prevent the assassination of JFK and then steal all the elections for the Democrats in the 1960s through the 2060s.  The 9/11 inside-job was just a democratic attempt at distracting the public from the real truth of Soros' grand scheme.
....when this vid showed up in my feed and changed my mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ9__8UJSc4&feature=youtu.be

Baruch

Clearly you know too much ... so I would head to that private Caribbean island about now ;-)  No wonder 2020 is so messed up ... time travel by idiots.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Sore losers try to obstruct vote counting, harrass election officials

QuoteHe said many Trump observers were breaking rules by constantly interrupting vote counters with questions and comments.

“That’s unacceptable,” he said. He said some of the Trump observers “clearly don’t know what they are doing.”

QuoteTim Posnanski, a county election commissioner, told his fellow commissioners there appeared to be two Trump representatives at some tables where tabulators were counting ballots, violating rules that call for one observer from each campaign per table.

QuoteAt one recount table, a Trump observer objected to every ballot that tabulators pulled from a bag simply because they were folded, election officials told the panel.

QuotePosnanski said some Trump representatives seemed to be posing as independents.
Hmm...sounds strangely familiar...