News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

I have a fear that, if President-elect Biden is actually going to be inaugurated, there may be something happen, possibly violent, that will disrupt the ceremony, in an attempt to keep Trump in power.

I'm a pessimist, though, so I'm probably wrong.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

I don't know what to expect. To my knowledge, there has never been a time when the incumbent President had a clear loss and refused to concede. And in the middle of a pandemic, no less. Trump could not be any more selfish.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 16, 2020, 10:14:02 PM
I have a fear that, if President-elect Biden is actually going to be inaugurated, there may be something happen, possibly violent, that will disrupt the ceremony, in an attempt to keep Trump in power.

I'm a pessimist, though, so I'm probably wrong.

The largest US militia (illegal use of arms) ... has already declared that the Dems will not be allowed to win.  This is what you get when you try to impose LSD politics outside of California ;-(

"Due to the rising cost of ammunition, I will no longer be able to provide a warning shot.  Thank you for your understanding in these hard times." ... intruders won't be shot at my place, I don't like lead in my meat.  My Bowie knife will be better.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 17, 2020, 01:43:30 AM
I don't know what to expect. To my knowledge, there has never been a time when the incumbent President had a clear loss and refused to concede. And in the middle of a pandemic, no less. Trump could not be any more selfish.

There is only a pandemic because of China.  China wants Biden for obvious self interest.  So do you?

Lincoln got elected on 35% of the votes cast, 65% voted for one of three Democrats.  It was immoral (if constitutional) for Lincoln to be inaugurated (a runoff election would have been rational and moral). But Yankees were assholes, and Rebels were assholes (even if there were no slaves).  That happened then, and there have been more than one time when the majority vote didn't get enough Electoral College voters, not just in 2016.  And then there is the shit show known as 2000, which I blame completely on Florida Democrats (crappy voting method, hanging chads) and Dem boss of Dade county made Bush votes disappear in her car trunk.  Cheating is nothing new, get used to it.  Get a constitutional amendment to end the Electoral College?  Ignore the Constitution, screw amendments (Dems in 1860)?  But the Constitution of the US was broken in 1860 and remains broken.  Burn it.  Declare Trump Emperor and Biden Anti-Emperor like competing Medieval Popes.  Then "you and him" fight it out ;-)  With the end of civilization, we are going back to the Middle Ages anyway.  In the future, only Christian monks will be able to read or write.

Why did all Dominion Systems employees suddenly delete all of their LinkedIn profiles?  Bwaha.  BTW, Canada proudly uses no electronic vote tabulation software, the Lying Dog-Faced Pony Soldiers!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Turned traitor: Trump lackey tried to sabotage American democracy

QuoteRaffensperger told the Washington Post Graham had indicated he should find ways to toss legal, mail-in ballots.

“It sure looked like he was wanting to go down that road,” he said.

Counties administer elections in Georgia, making Raffensperger powerless to do what Graham apparently wanted.

“It was just an implication of, ‘Look hard and see how many ballots you could throw out,’” Raffensperger told CNN.

QuoteRaffensperger has faced mounting criticism from his own party, for defending the state’s electoral process. He told the Post he had received threatening messages from “people on [his] side of the aisle”, demanding that he “better not botch” the recount.

QuoteGraham’s actions have called into question his willingness to uphold the sanctity of elections.
"Listen, are you going to be loyal to me or to that %*^& Constitution?"

SGOS

QuoteRaffensperger has faced mounting criticism from his own party, for defending the state’s electoral process. He told the Post he had received threatening messages from “people on [his] side of the aisle”, demanding that he “better not botch” the recount.
It's getting harder and harder to find anything nice to say about Republicans.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 17, 2020, 12:42:07 PM
Turned traitor: Trump lackey tried to sabotage American democracy
"Listen, are you going to be loyal to me or to that %*^& Constitution?"

American == Traitor ... don't be shy if you are American.  Of course not just Democrats (1860) are traitors, the Radical Republicans (1860) were traitors too.  Would Americans helping Germany in 1940 (pre war?) be traitors?  Well Americans helping China in 2020 (pre war?) would be traitors also.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 17, 2020, 12:51:09 PM

Per Gamergate and Feminists ... people who play Zombie Apocalypse ... they get programmed to play this in real life.  Who are the Zombies?  Republicans, Democrats, Jews ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: SGOS on November 17, 2020, 12:51:09 PM
The well thought out arguments of a liberal conservative such as William F. Buckley Jr. have been replaced by half-witted utterances such as "lock her up" and "USA,USA". I even voted for Ronald Reagan because I saw him as being the right leader for that period in time. The advent of right wing shock jocks, bullshit news networks, social media and crazed political evangelistic preachers have ruined a previously sound general opposition platform via the lame duck l'orange.

PS: History will not look back favorably on this era of spineless, science-denying, democracy-destroying Republicans if the country survives it all.

Baruch

They don't make word smiths like William F Buckley anymore ;-(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0d8mzdr4jE

He knew the score before the 60s became a flaming sack of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6qW-ZKxZss

I did enjoy "Creation" by Gore Vidal, perhaps because it wasn't about America (Vidal's primary interest).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Sheesh!  Trump fired the election official said that said Pennsylvania's votes were accurate after firing the Pentagon guy that said the military should not be used to break up protests.  Then he opened the Arctic Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling.  While he's been relatively quiet in his last days, he has been busy fucking things up as much as he can.  His advisors did stop him from bombing Iran, and I'm sure he's deciding who to fire over that.  Get him out of the Oval Office now.  January is not soon enough.  He's gone berserk. 

Baruch

All Democrats and other people working for the DNC, not the US, should be retained and promoted, of course.  There was a problem with the "spoils" system of government appointment even by the 1870s, so they instituted a Civil Service ... which made things worse partly because there are a lot more civil servants than 150 years ago (2.6 million, how many are working for the Public, vs their party or themselves??

There was never any Dem vote rigging ... that is a lie, and the Virgin Mary died for Hunter Biden to validate that ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Staffer confirms allegation against Graham

QuoteA staffer for Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensberger said Tuesday that he participated in a controversial phone call with Sen. Lindsey Graham and said he heard Graham ask if state officials could throw out ballots.

The comments from the staffer, election implementation manager Gabriel Sterling, corroborate Raffensberger’s recent claims about the phone call with Graham, who is one of President Donald Trump’s most outspoken allies.

Earlier this week, Raffensberger accused Graham of asking him to “look hard and see how many ballots you could throw out,” referring to absentee ballots that skewed heavily in favor of President-elect Joe Biden. Graham denied the claim, saying that it was “ridiculous” that he tried to pressure Raffensberger to throw out legally cast ballots.

Baruch

I allege that Graham and Trump are Republicans ... proceed to clutch pearls ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on November 18, 2020, 09:47:10 AM
Sheesh!  Trump fired the election official said that said Pennsylvania's votes were accurate after firing the Pentagon guy that said the military should not be used to break up protests.  Then he opened the Arctic Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling.  While he's been relatively quiet in his last days, he has been busy fucking things up as much as he can.  His advisors did stop him from bombing Iran, and I'm sure he's deciding who to fire over that.  Get him out of the Oval Office now.  January is not soon enough.  He's gone berserk. 

Yeah, he seems to be implementing a scorched Earth policy to leave both domestic and foreign affairs as problematic as possible. But at least the turnover doesn't happen in March, as it used to do. Imagine if he had two whole months more to fuck shit up!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman