News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 14, 2020, 08:03:23 PMUh... This was unexpected... The Trumpets are marching, chanting words I never thought I'd hear from them.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1327662470467555329
The words are lovely, the intent, not so much.  This is like being breaking ranks with Al Qaeda because they're not radical enough and declaring your allegiance to Daesh instead.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 14, 2020, 08:22:30 PM
The words are lovely, the intent, not so much.  This is like being breaking ranks with Al Qaeda because they're not radical enough and declaring your allegiance to Daesh instead.

I saw a comment saying it's like Frankenstein's Monster turning against their creator. Seems like a very fitting analogy. But I still feel a bit of satisfaction hearing them say what we all know is true.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 14, 2020, 08:32:10 PMI saw a comment saying it's like Frankenstein's Monster turning against their creator.
That implies an interest in science.  Maybe more like a poorly-controlled demon.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 14, 2020, 09:40:36 PM
That implies an interest in science.  Maybe more like a poorly-controlled demon.

I think it's more that Fox News created this monster, and now they're turning against them. If Fox News hadn't spent so much time kissing Trump's ass, maybe they wouldn't be in this situation. But they built up Trump as this flawless god, and now he's immune from even their criticism. Welcome to the "fake news" club, Fox News.
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

I dunno, I could see this working in their favor.  This is just another in a long line of aggressive attempts in the Trump years to shift the Overton Window.  Instead of most cable news being mainstream and Fox News viewed as conservative, now it's most cable news viewed as liberal, Fox News viewed as mainstream, and whatever completely batshit network these people like now as conservative.

I mean, you wear a mask during a plague year and these people look at you like you're a commie.  Say that spending on social programs should match military spending* and they would straight up call you a commie.

(* not abolish military spending, not cut military spending, just suggest that spending going towards blowing away wedding guests should be balanced with helping Americans get back on their feet in the midst of an economic depression.  Is that really a radical proposal?  Or one that destroys capitalism?)

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cassia on November 14, 2020, 08:17:09 PM
Not sure they are well enuff versed on political systems. It's simpler than that. It's about flags and "the pledge" and 1950s statues of R.E. Lee and "merry xmas" and illegal Mexicans sneaking over here to steal our jobs picking tomatoes. That is about the depth of it I am afraid.

--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

It's seems like I heard FOX news starting to get critical of Trump as much as a year ago or more. I never understood why.  I thought maybe their political commentary had limits on how much bullshit it could report as news.  But that seemed too out of character to be a satisfactory explanation.  I can understand better why the Trump knuckle draggers would rebel against FOX, since it's just not the news they want to hear.  To me is looks like all part of the public hysteria that tends to run through American society.

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on November 15, 2020, 01:26:39 AM
It's seems like I heard FOX news starting to get critical of Trump as much as a year ago or more. I never understood why.  I thought maybe their political commentary had limits on how much bullshit it could report as news.  But that seemed too out of character to be a satisfactory explanation.  I can understand better why the Trump knuckle draggers would rebel against FOX, since it's just not the news they want to hear.  To me is looks like all part of the public hysteria that tends to run through American society.
The news division and talking-heads division have been at odds most of this election season.  It's been fun to watch.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 14, 2020, 10:08:12 PM
I think it's more that Fox News created this monster, and now they're turning against them. If Fox News hadn't spent so much time kissing Trump's ass, maybe they wouldn't be in this situation. But they built up Trump as this flawless god, and now he's immune from even their criticism. Welcome to the "fake news" club, Fox News.

People will remember frankenstein as the monster, not its creator.

QuoteThe form of the monster on whom I had bestowed existence was for ever before my eyes, and I raved incessantly concerning him.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 14, 2020, 10:08:12 PM

You are still trapped in MSM world.  Do you still use a rotary phone?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 14, 2020, 08:03:23 PM
Uh... This was unexpected... The Trumpets are marching, chanting words I never thought I'd hear from them.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1327662470467555329

You don't want to hear the words they say in private ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 14, 2020, 02:47:45 PM
Case in point, a musician I have played with in bands before. Bad back, constant pain. Works PT as a landscaper. I showed him how to sign up on Healthcare.gov. Gets a $750/month subsidy. Finally getting set up to have back fixed. Votes for Trump.

Some people benefit from Dem policies, others don't.  It is the way.  I would have supported ACA if it made all medical free for every American.  It was a crooked deal to bail out the bankrupt health insurance companies, has nothing to do with medical care.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 14, 2020, 08:17:09 PM
Not sure they are well enuff versed on political systems. It's simpler than that. It's about flags and "the pledge" and 1950s statues of R.E. Lee and "merry xmas" and illegal Mexicans sneaking over here to steal our jobs picking tomatoes. That is about the depth of it I am afraid.

All White people live in Alabama .. not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 14, 2020, 09:40:36 PM

Magical thinking is universal, even among some scientists ... cold fusion etc.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.