News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 12, 2020, 02:16:14 PMLol, Biden the rebound president.
You kid, but on an emotional level, it's very similar to that.

The old boyfriend was a major-league asshole but some dark part of us was super into that.  The new one is a lot more respectable, if kinda vanilla.  Good background, stable employment, knows how to treat a lady, and he has two lovely dogs!

But when we broke up with our asshole ex, he didn't take it well - he claimed that we didn't mean it and says he doesn't need to pack because he doesn't intend to leave.  Pretty disturbing stuff.  In 2 months, when the lease is up, the new one is all set to move in and there might be a fight.  And it's not all that clear how that's gonna play out.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 12, 2020, 09:29:41 PM
But when we broke up with our asshole ex, he didn't take it well - he claimed that we didn't mean it and says he doesn't need to pack because he doesn't intend to leave.  Pretty disturbing stuff.  In 2 months, when the lease is up, the new one is all set to move in and there might be a fight.  And it's not all that clear how that's gonna play out.
He  seems to admire dictators.  Unless that was just some phony part of building relationships with foreign governments, it's pretty easy to see that he does not have much respect for voters or voting, and fraudulent elections would fit very well into his political strategies, which may explain why he seems to think everyone else is doing it.  A straight out power play doesn't seem like it could possibly succeed in America, although some Republicans probably wouldn't mind at all.  Right now, he's testing his options to see how much monkey business he can get away with as president.  If this doesn't work, his only open option involves being seated by the congressional delegation, or maybe he's thinking this new Secretary of Defense would call up the armed forces to keep him in office.  Sound crazy?  Yep, but then Trump has never acted rationally since he came into power.

Baruch

All theist votes are illegal = per atheists ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Presidential Election ‘Most Secure’ In History, Top Security Experts At DHS Say

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/2020-election-most-secure-dhs_n_5fadd55cc5b6370e7e3158ca
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 13, 2020, 01:33:21 PM
GOP Senator says it's too soon to declare Biden President Elect because Puerto Rico isn't done counting yet

Umm... What? How do you make it to Senate without even knowing what is and is not a state? Also, this originated with a story from the NY Times? What are they on about?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 13, 2020, 01:39:50 PM
Umm... What? How do you make it to Senate without even knowing what is and is not a state?
"Do you not know, my son, with how very little wisdom the world is governed?" - Axel Oxenstierna, 1648
(An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?)

Hydra009

If you liked that, you'll love this:

GOP Senator can't even correctly identify three branches of government

He identified the three branches of government as House, Senate, and Executive.   :doh:

QuoteTuberville told columnist Todd Stacy that he’d just gone through an abbreviated orientation for new lawmakers, noting “we all had to go through the same time, Republican and Democrat, and it was fun, a good group. They pretty much jam three days into a day and a half because of the COVID.”
It might be a good idea to take a whole week for this stuff.  It's kinda important.  Ideally, knowing the basics of civics would be a prerequisite for running for office, but I guess the GOP has to work with what they got.

Oh, and he also doesn't understand that Biden won.  That basic civics question is far from his only blunder.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 13, 2020, 01:05:49 PM
Presidential Election ‘Most Secure’ In History, Top Security Experts At DHS Say

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/2020-election-most-secure-dhs_n_5fadd55cc5b6370e7e3158ca

Might as well quote DNC as quote any MSM.  Huffpost is very DNC.

Yes, Dominion is as secure as the phone app at the Dem Iowa caucus ;-)  I bet I voted for Biden in my old precinct where I don't live anymore ;-))

You sure you want a nearly dead man as President of a nearly dead country?  Well Harris will fix that for you.  Her ancestors on her father's side were slave owners in Jamaica.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

2022 elections: Dems win every election by 100% just like East Germany ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Another 4 years of Trump would be depressing for sure, but what bothers me more is that our system is vulnerable to a political power grab that removes voters from the process.  This is the kind of shit that happens in banana republics.  While 4 years of Trump is depressing, that this could happen in my country scares me.  I will admit real fear.  I'm reading it probably won't happen, but that's the problem.  There shouldn't be "probably won't" at all.  And if these loop holes in the constitution are not fixed, the ultimate collapse will happen just that much sooner.  The worst case scenario would be in the next two months.  OK not a collapse, but a new form of authoritarian government that does even more of whatever it wants than it does now.  I'm picturing some South American style government that is corrupt and totally self serving.  Right now... today... we are watching a potential crisis that in all my years, I'd never thought I would have to watch.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on November 13, 2020, 09:46:52 PM
  Right now... today... we are watching a potential crisis that in all my years, I'd never thought I would have to watch.
Yep!  Same here.  Have I been sent back to Germany, 1932????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--