News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bigN7DY3SKQ

President Biden sure has his work cut out for him.  And tactically, I dunno if offering these people an olive branch is the right call, but I guess you have to try, fruitless as it may be.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 11, 2020, 01:02:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bigN7DY3SKQ

President Biden sure has his work cut out for him.  And tactically, I dunno if offering these people an olive branch is the right call, but I guess you have to try, fruitless as it may be.

Yes, a peace pipe, like the Great White Father always offers to the indigenous ;-)

Democrats are the "illegals" since 1860.  Most Democrats in 1860 were in the North (South having a much smaller population).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Baruch, things are not now as they were 160 years ago. Catch up with current events!

;-)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 11, 2020, 01:58:07 PM
Baruch, things are not now as they were 160 years ago. Catch up with current events!

;-)

Dems still favor slavery, just are less racist about it.  They can never be forgiven.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

I love how Baruch has conversations with everyone and no one at the exact same time.

Unbeliever

I guess he never gets lonely that way.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 11, 2020, 08:15:02 PM
I guess he never gets lonely that way.

My cats are smarter than dog owners ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

But BLM supporters did win office, and Sharia supporter won office ;-)

Pfaux-ahontas and Hillary and Bernie all want cabinet positions in the sleepy Joe administration ... alien criminal clown world, like the movie It.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Nature: Trump uses Twitter to divert discussion on politically damaging topics

Ever wonder why Trump says something completely batshit and extremely attention-grabbing?  It's because some politically-damaging news recently came out and he wants you to pay attention to him and not the politically-damaging news.

Nothing we didn't already suspect, the internet in general and Twitter in particular have been used to set the agenda (i.e. determine what gets discussed and what doesn't).  It should be noted that Trump's technique has parallels to how they do things in China - where the news cycle gets saturated with stories that the PRC doesn't find politically objectionable to overwhelm coverage of stories that they do.

And if you think Trump and other Republicans haven't picked up on this, you're wrong.

There are other interesting tidbits in the article:

QuoteIn the United States, the gradual introduction of Fox News coverage in communities around the country has been directly linked to an increase in Republican vote share

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 12, 2020, 11:44:24 AM
Nature: Trump uses Twitter to divert discussion on politically damaging topics

Ever wonder why Trump says something completely batshit and extremely attention-grabbing?  It's because some politically-damaging news recently came out and he wants you to pay attention to him and not the politically-damaging news.

Nothing we didn't already suspect, but the internet in general and Twitter in particular have been used to set the agenda (i.e. determine what gets discussed and what doesn't).  It should be noted that Trump's technique has parallels to how they do things in China - where the news cycle gets saturated with stories that the PRC doesn't find politically objectionable to overwhelm coverage of stories that they do.

And if you think Trump and other Republicans haven't picked up on this, you're wrong.

There are other interesting tidbits in the article:
Impressed with Biden already. I was reading in the den and the TV was on faintly in the other room. I heard a reassuring voice of reason intelligently speaking about health insurance and also about a task force that will provide a measured response to the pandemic as required. For a moment I thought I was just dreaming. I was awake !!!

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on November 12, 2020, 12:03:02 PMImpressed with Biden already. I was reading in the den and the TV was on faintly in the other room. I heard a reassuring voice of reason intelligently speaking about health insurance and also about a task force that will provide a measured response to the pandemic as required. For a moment I thought I was just dreaming. I was awake !!!
Same here.  I think we had a couple days without presidential scandal after the race was called, which was a breath of fresh air.  And I find myself more impressed than I normally would be by complete sentences and a good grasp on reality.

I'm sure conservatives are going to try to drum up hatred in the coming 4 years (Biden derangement syndrome, I believe they call it), but I don't think they're fully aware of just how much Trump Fatigue non-redcaps feel and how low standards have fallen during the Dark Reign.  If Biden doesn't start punching babies or shooting people on 5th avenue (you lose votes for that in blue states), then he might go down as the most beloved President since FDR.

Mr.Obvious

Lol, Biden the rebound president.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 12, 2020, 02:16:14 PM
Lol, Biden the rebound president.

You mean like the rolly polly inflatable clown toy? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs