News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

If you believe that Noah built an Ark and filled it with dinosaurs and your vacation to the Ark Encounter in Kentucky was astonishing, then Bill Gates creating a virus so he can vaccinate the population with his 5G chips must easily seem plausible.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 10, 2020, 09:21:24 AM
If you believe that Noah built an Ark and filled it with dinosaurs and your vacation to the Ark Encounter in Kentucky was astonishing, then Bill Gates creating a virus so he can vaccinate the population with his 5G chips must easily seem plausible.

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/patent/US-2006257852-A1

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/

Bill & Melinda Gates foundation have long involvement in medical research.  No, he isn't Mandark (cartoon), he doesn't even have a hidden lab in his parent's basement like Poindexter.  That isn't how evil billionaires work.

If people want to believe that Biden never assaulted any women or showed inappropriate attention to children, that he isn't as degenerate as his son Hunter, they can believe what they want.  But women have made claims, and there is film of Biden showing inappropriate attention to children.

But if people want instead, to believe that there is no such thing as evil, then rob, rape and murder to their heart's content.  The Marquis De Sade never existed, CNN has disproved it ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 10, 2020, 09:12:11 AM
The elephant in the room is always religion. If you are taught as a kid to swallow all that nonsense; you are set-up to TRUELY believe anything and everything, as along as it suits your purposes. It lowers the rationality threshold standards of a society. This is why so many rabid tRumpsters happen to go big on Cheese-us and suck up conspiracy after conspiracy. The only way out is subsequent generations that largely ditch the faith. Not there yet, but the boomers are dying out and it seems their kids do have better vision.

“When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing. They then become capable of believing in anything.” - Émile Cammaerts .. as in democracy, money, Karl Marx etc etc .. it isn't elephants or quanta all the way down, it is BS.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 10, 2020, 02:45:05 AM
It's a certain group of people. What do they want? Do they actually want anything at all or is this just about being a part of something they think is meaningful? What is it?

I don't understand why so many people are puzzled by Trump's appeal? It isn't like this is a fringe group, it's almost half the voters in the US. People voted for Trump for a variety of reasons and if you listen to Trump voters many of these reasons make sense. Just sit down with a Trump voter and listen to their story.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 10, 2020, 10:53:17 AM
I don't understand why so many people are puzzled by Trump's appeal? It isn't like this is a fringe group, it's almost half the voters in the US. People voted for Trump for a variety of reasons and if you listen to Trump voters many of these reasons make sense. Just sit down with a Trump voter and listen to their story.

We can't all be upper class Weed farmers with a PhD in basketweaving from Berkeley ;-)  But no, he didn't appeal to me.  And given my phobia of sexual abusers, he never could.  But that applies to many public figures.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 10, 2020, 10:53:17 AM
I was, and am, still puzzled by trump's followers.  Part of that, is that trump is the symptom and not the actual source of the disease.  I had not an inkling that our society was THAT sick.  Now I know.  Trump tapped into that huge part of our society that I thought was only a tiny fraction.  I think I ended up being the 'stupid' one in that I really thought racism was on the run, white nationalism/nazism was waning, the middle class was making headway, immigration was still mostly favored, and that conservatism (of the William Buckley type) was losing steam--and I could go on and on.  That tRumpism is not the cause and just the symptom will take awhile for me to fully grok.  I also knew that all organized religions are a generally destructive force, I simply did not realize just how MUCH christianity is destructive to this society.  As it turns out, the Howard Zinn's of the world were under reporting just how sick this society was/is.  That will take awhile for me to take in and re-evaluate it all. 

And I have talked with my trumpy neighbors (which is all of them!) about things and I walk away wondering about their overriding hate. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 10, 2020, 11:18:26 AM
I was, and am, still puzzled by trump's followers.  Part of that, is that trump is the symptom and not the actual source of the disease.  I had not an inkling that our society was THAT sick.  Now I know.  Trump tapped into that huge part of our society that I thought was only a tiny fraction.  I think I ended up being the 'stupid' one in that I really thought racism was on the run, white nationalism/nazism was waning, the middle class was making headway, immigration was still mostly favored, and that conservatism (of the William Buckley type) was losing steam--and I could go on and on.  That tRumpism is not the cause and just the symptom will take awhile for me to fully grok.  I also knew that all organized religions are a generally destructive force, I simply did not realize just how MUCH christianity is destructive to this society.  As it turns out, the Howard Zinn's of the world were under reporting just how sick this society was/is.  That will take awhile for me to take in and re-evaluate it all. 

And I have talked with my trumpy neighbors (which is all of them!) about things and I walk away wondering about their overriding hate.

Where you puzzled by people who voted for Nixon?  Just asking.  I found both candidates in 2016 and 2020 morally reprehensible ... though after the fact, I thought policy wise, Trump did better than I expected.  I had expected that he would require everyone to take up golf and play at his golf courses on a fixed schedule ;-)

No, Bill Buckley never ran for President.  Had he done so, the IQ and vocabulary of the US would have gone up ;-)  But then, he was a Catholic.  I don't see Trump as religious at all, purely materialistic, same as Biden.  Bill Buckley kept the John Birchers out of the Republican party, just as Hillary kept the Bernie Bros out of the Democrat party.  But not this year, the Dems were so desperate they embarrass Satan himself ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on November 10, 2020, 09:12:11 AMThe only way out is subsequent generations that largely ditch the faith. Not there yet, but the boomers are dying out and it seems their kids do have better vision.
That seems to be the case, though I'm flabberghasted about the why of it.

The Boomer generation counts among its ranks plenty of smart, compassionate people and plenty of egomaniacal knuckledraggers.  And when it comes time to vote, they almost always favor the latter.  Why?

And it's not just elections: these people have had meltdowns about alleged satanic cults, meltdowns about video games (curiously timed at the height of mainstream adoption), meltdowns about pressing 1 for english, meltdowns about gay marriage, meltdowns at Target about trans bathrooms, and finally, meltdowns about masks (though that last one seems to be trending younger).  Mass hysteria after mass hysteria about stuff that's not nearly as frightening as it's made out to be.  And don't get me wrong, not all boomers are like this.  But people who are like this are disproportionately boomers.  What happened?

If I had to hazard a guess, it's due to this generation experiencing the shift from general news (news delivered by the Big Three networks) to ideologically-tailored news (Fox News) as well as being mentally unprepared for the emergence of the internet and more vulnerable to internet-based disinformation.

Subsequent generations have shown somewhat more resilience (for now), but that could change the instant someone builds a better mousetrap braintrap.

Baruch

Good men build good economies
Good economies lead to bad men
Bad men build bad economies
Bad economies lead to good men

Yes, it is inevitable that there is one world atheist government under the UN or CCP etc and everyone lived happily ever after ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Trumps “secret” is not really a secret. It shows how much distain we have for politicians that a “business” man as lousy as he is, is considered far better than another politician. I hope they realize this or the next one to try will be a real Lex Luther.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Jesus as businessman/politician is the answer ... nobody else need apply ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 10, 2020, 11:18:26 AM
.... I also knew that all organized religions are a generally destructive force, I simply did not realize just how MUCH christianity is destructive to this society....
As many great minds have pointed out, the Nazis had centuries in the practice of worshiping a charismatic savior and disparaging competing religions. When Adolph came along, they were primed and ready to be saved. As for the godless communist dictatorships, they were also ready to simply swap one totalitarian celestial party with a community of earthly administrators for an earthly party and a secret celestial totalitarian leader.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Cassia on November 10, 2020, 09:12:11 AM
. This is why so many rabid tRumpsters happen to go big on Cheese-us and suck up conspiracy after conspiracy. The only way out is subsequent generations that largely ditch the faith. .

"Trump is fat Jesus. He's grab-them-by-the-pussy Jesus. He's I'll-eat-nothing-but-cheeseburgers-if-I-want-to Jesus. He's I-want-to-punch-them-in-the-face Jesus. He's go-back-to-your-shithole-countries Jesus. He's no-apologies Jesus."

https://youtu.be/j3xBUNIkA_c

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 10, 2020, 12:00:37 PM
As many great minds have pointed out, the Nazis had centuries in the practice of worshiping a charismatic savior and disparaging competing religions. When Adolph came along, they were primed and ready to be saved. As for the godless communist dictatorships, they were also ready to simply swap one totalitarian celestial party with a community of earthly administrators for an earthly party and a secret celestial totalitarian leader.

Jesus is responsible for Hitler?  Read Constantine's Sword by James Carroll.  The real skinny on German anti-Semitism.  Of course anti-Semitism is a world-wide phenomenon.  Complicated by the popular impression in the 20s-30s that Communism was part of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion (a Okrana propaganda borrowed from French Catholic anti-Semites).  I blame Arminius ... the German patriot that destroyed Varus' legions.  The Germans had a penchant for strong leaders long before Christianity.  The French got their anti-Semitism both from Christianity, and from Voltaire.

Current anti-Semitism is separate from anti-Israeli .. though anti-Semites combine the two.  It is clear that Obama and Biden are anti-Israel.  Trump is clearly pro-Israel.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.