News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 08, 2020, 11:18:37 AM
The problem is that it's a long list.  Almost any American can tell you it's a state when they hear it, but it's easy to leave one out.  I try to picture a map of the US, but when I get over to the Atlantic Seaboard, there's that little cluster of states by Washington DC, that's so small, it doesn't even show up in my mind map.  I just know, "Oh that's the part that has all those little states."  Other times I might leave out a big state like Alabama or Utah.  We were supposed to learn this in grade school, but I can't remember ever being able to do it.  Frankly, it didn't seem that important.

They other thing we were supposed to learn were the state capitols.  That never seemed important, and now with Google, learning them really strikes me as a total waste of time.  Remember learning arithmetic?  You know addition, multiplication tables and all that.  Now that was obviously necessary, at least at the time, but today they don't seem to stress that.  Just use a calculator.  Why bother knowing about carrying the left over into the next step of division and all that.  We have computers for that drudgery.  For spelling we have spell check, although it sometimes renders rather odd sentences when it's self correcting.

Times are changing.  If you don't like facts, just use alternate facts.

Knew all the states and capitals when I was 6, because my mom encouraged me.  Had a lose plastic set of states I could put together.  Easy to lose the parts for Delaware and Rhode Island.  I can still do all the states from memory, but I am wrong on some of the capitals (vs other large cities in those states).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 08, 2020, 12:08:45 PM

Arguably, they did a better job there than the coronavirus response.

Mafia affiliates always hate Giuliani.  The picture maker misspelled his name.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Our first, second gentleman...

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Cassia on November 08, 2020, 02:08:52 PM
Our first, second gentleman...

First second

That's going to be a popular quiz question.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

I have had no President since Obama, and I after-the-fact reject all those since Eisenhower.  So not my government, not by party, not my leaders, not my countrymen.  Which is fine, I am not Japanese either, and don't hold any ennui against Japan.  So I consider myself an illegal alien here, since 2016.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

You have a weird way of showing it.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

OK, I need to confess something. She is going to eat all of them alive. And that makes me happy.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 08, 2020, 03:10:52 PM
You have a weird way of showing it.

I am complicated.  Not 2 dimensional unlike most people on the Internet ;-)

The reference was to Stranger In A Strange Land ... if you saw my eye condition, that Munch did pay attention to when I shared it, you would know I am from Mars, that and being civilian-military for 32 years.

You assume I am a White supremacist who goes around murdering women, children and colored folk, while wearing a bed sheet?  I have watched some recent videos by young defected N Korean soldiers, about how they had a totally false notion of the US, from all the propaganda.  I see Europeans as being brainwashed too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 08, 2020, 03:12:36 PM
OK, I need to confess something. She is going to eat all of them alive. And that makes me happy.

Chronos eats his own children aka Saturn in Roman mythology.  So you support Greco-Roman mythology?

I don't hope you end up in a Sharia harem.  Because i don't think you would like it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

It's like Coruscant finding out the Emperor is dead.

Baruch

Humans emote, which is good.  Humans don't think, which is bad.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Trump seems awful quiet lately, or has the media lost interest in him?  I know he's working on his court case stuff.  Well his lawyers are, but it's not like him to remain silent for more than 20 minutes.

Unbeliever

I think he's been playing golf all week.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

I can only find an update for yesterday at this site, which I only discovered two minutes ago.  It goes back day by day, for I don't know how far.

https://www.whattrumpdid.today/

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on November 08, 2020, 08:15:32 PMTrump seems awful quiet lately, or has the media lost interest in him?
We can only hope.