News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

Nova Scotia... My mother's family is from there and we used to visit. My first experience of a house with no running water.

GSOgymrat

My friend sent me this today:

Hydra009

trdsf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 07, 2020, 10:36:09 PM
Nova Scotia... My mother's family is from there and we used to visit. My first experience of a house with no running water.
Yeah, I looked 'em up after I made my guess.  So I know the other one I forgot, too.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

drunkenshoe

You know what, I'm almost sure by now that right wing mentality has strong correlations with inferiority complex, low self esteem and a strong fake kind of self confidence. That's probably why it is narcissistic in a pathological sense in the first place. They live completely out of reality.

The right wing here -atheist, secular, religious...- has started to attack Kamala Harris -Biden too of course but esp. her- just after the Democartic victory. You know because she is a SJW project with a CV; a woman but then she is not even black. ? Forget the last KKK parts, but someone with a CV?! Because dumbass people with no education or experience are welcome as long as they are white, het and male. You'd think you are reading the old 4chan in another language with a lighter tone. And their reaction is -supposedly- that it's going to be bad for us, dollar's gonna skyrocket as if it didn't before and all, as if the current government or rather the lack of a real one has nothing to do with the collapse. If the election in a country at the other side of the world -doesn't matter big and influential or not- affects your economy that bad, it is your fucking fault. You should have thought about that before building a theocratic oligarchy and kill all the production. Stupidity kills.

They talk about American recognition of Armenian Genocide -Kamala Harris will probably push it for good- although as they reportedly plan to get closer to Israel after Trump's cold period, I have no idea how they will balance that. The thing is, everything is aside, it doesn't matter because there are virtually no country left that doesn't recognise it. The UK and the US are the ones I know as the influential ones. And there is the military base issue related to that as bargain chip. Really? The US or UN will give that up or Turkey will say no we won't have it? PFFFFT. ROFL

They also claim Biden's going to start another invasion in the Middle East while Trump was to stay away from international interferences because -wait for it- he wanted to leave it to their people to solve their problems. ARRRGH. Apparently Trump is man with respect to other countries' autonomy and freedom.

The real problem could be Democrats laying it hard on the party in power. But as I said, what government? Because if social democrats manage to get in to the power they will lean to the Western policies. But how? When?

Anyway, the minority of sensible people trying to express a universal feeling that they are happy because it is a blow to an abhorrent mentality and the set of politics and policies it produces. Finally, something against homicidal far right.

But, nope. 20 years of...mostly the last 10 years actually, Erdogan regime created a mass of Turkish rednecks who are impossible to interact with. Reliigous, secular or nonbeliever. Maybe that's why watching this American elections was like watching ours in some sense.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

SGOS

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 07, 2020, 09:56:09 PM

https://twitter.com/ziyatong/status/1324925633831579649

Actually, I can and just did, even though I never bothered knowing there were thirteen.

I'll also tell you that when asked to name the 50 states, I've never done it.  It's been a long time since I tried.  Maybe I could do it now.  I don't know.

Baruch

Canada apparently is easy for Americans to forget about ;-)  The one time I met Canadians while in Athens Greece, over retsina, I said a few nice things about them, just to be social.  The conversation implied they had an inferiority complex to the US (not justified of course), but they weren't neo-Nazis, more liberal on average than Americans.

Left wing mentality corresponds to superiority complex.  Abolitionists are Aryans (like Hitler).  Progressives are New Soviet Men (like Stalin).  With archetypes like those, what is not to like?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: SGOS on November 08, 2020, 06:59:11 AM
Actually, I can and just did, even though I never bothered knowing there were thirteen.

I'll also tell you that when asked to name the 50 states, I've never done it.  It's been a long time since I tried.  Maybe I could do it now.  I don't know.

Imma try and fail

Alaska
Hawai
Washington
Oregon
California
Nevada
Texas
Florida
South Dakota and North dakota
Oklahoma
Ohio
Minnessota
Michigan
Winsconsin
Vermont
Pennsylvania
Maine
New York and New jersey
South Carolina and North carolina
Virginia and West virginia
Utah
Wyoming
Mississippi
Maryland
Arizona
Kansas
New Mexico
Georgia
Idaho (?)  that's a state, right?
Alabama
Arkensas
Connecticut
Atlanta

That's about as far as I get, to my shame.

Edit: and i wasn't sure about Atlanta, and after looking it up I clearly was wrong

Edit after edit: gah, after looking it up I'm like, I know these states damn it
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: the_antithesis on November 07, 2020, 10:25:17 PM
What's a province?
It's funny because Canadians still can't name all 50 states or where they're located. Neither can Europeans, without looking at a map. In their defense, though, most people in the U.S. can't either.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 08, 2020, 10:41:41 AM
Imma try and fail

That was actually really good. I always forget about Vermont and Wyoming, for some reason.

SGOS

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 08, 2020, 10:41:41 AM
Imma try and fail
The problem is that it's a long list.  Almost any American can tell you it's a state when they hear it, but it's easy to leave one out.  I try to picture a map of the US, but when I get over to the Atlantic Seaboard, there's that little cluster of states by Washington DC, that's so small, it doesn't even show up in my mind map.  I just know, "Oh that's the part that has all those little states."  Other times I might leave out a big state like Alabama or Utah.  We were supposed to learn this in grade school, but I can't remember ever being able to do it.  Frankly, it didn't seem that important.

They other thing we were supposed to learn were the state capitols.  That never seemed important, and now with Google, learning them really strikes me as a total waste of time.  Remember learning arithmetic?  You know addition, multiplication tables and all that.  Now that was obviously necessary, at least at the time, but today they don't seem to stress that.  Just use a calculator.  Why bother knowing about carrying the left over into the next step of division and all that.  We have computers for that drudgery.  For spelling we have spell check, although it sometimes renders rather odd sentences when it's self correcting.

Times are changing.  If you don't like facts, just use alternate facts.

SGOS

Even as late as college, I had to learn how to operate a slide rule.  By the time I graduated from college slide rules had become objects taking up shelf space in pawn shops.

Hydra009

Arguably, they did a better job there than the coronavirus response.