Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 05, 2020, 04:17:20 PM
Both. I cn tell the difference on my phone, I can see now.
But I do have daltonisme.
I have what has been termed red/green color blindness.  It's not that I can't tell colors, for I can.  Just don't ask me to see the same color as you do.  I find that red and brown are near impossible to tell apart.  I flunked coloring in the 2nd grade because I was always coloring the trunk of trees red and the leaves brown.  I also can mix up red and green and blue.  When we were first married, my wife would say something like--did you like that blue shirt that guy was wearing?, and I'd say--what blue shirt???  And those color tests with bubbles of various sizes in which one is supposed to see numbers appearing--those are all constructed just to fuck me over.  Could never see any numbers.  Didn't keep me out of the Army tho. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Trump's in the middle of a statement right now, trying to declare himself the winner. He's using very disturbing language. He says he wins with the "legal" votes, and says the votes that favor Biden are "illegal." If he had a real case, he'd go to the courts, not throwing a fit on national TV. If you're an American citizen, you should be very disturbed by this kind of behavior.

Now he's threatening to take this to the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court which he has placed three people in, two positions of which he stole. Our democracy is being threatened before our eyes.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

This isn't a surprise, of course. He's been setting up this moment for months. Casting doubt in mail-in votes, declaring them fraudulent by nature. He couldn't even accept that he lost the popular vote in 2016. He was convinced the votes that brought Hillary ahead of Trump in the popular vote, which didn't even matter anyway, were fraudulent. He couldn't even concede that point. He was never going to accept any result except for his victory. He's going to try to take this to the Supreme Court, his cronies there will support him, and our democracy will be destroyed, if things continue as they do now.
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

I guess I vastly underestimated the nature of mail in Ballots.  I didn't realize how the representation of Democrats would be so dramatically skewed by this form of voting.  Maybe a little, but not enough to matter.

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 05, 2020, 07:01:16 PM
Trump's in the middle of a statement right now, trying to declare himself the winner. He's using very disturbing language. He says he wins with the "legal" votes, and says the votes that favor Biden are "illegal." If he had a real case, he'd go to the courts, not throwing a fit on national TV. If you're an American citizen, you should be very disturbed by this kind of behavior.

Now he's threatening to take this to the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court which he has placed three people in, two positions of which he stole. Our democracy is being threatened before our eyes.
I hope I can find a video of that.

I asked a friend the other day if he may have thought Trump might be getting progressively more unhinged in the last few months.  He said he absolutely noticed that.  I was wondering if it was just me.  SNL is going to be a must watch this weekend.  What a week, a totally insane week.  I mean 'insane' as in, "I feel like I'm living in an asylum, and the leader of the place is nuttier than the inmates.  Will things ever be normal again?"

Blackleaf

Trump has set a disgusting new standard for Republicans. I don't see things going back to normal when nearly half of the country thinks Trump's behavior in these four years have been anything less than disgraceful. Things are about to get messy. Don't be surprised if Trump's loyal cronies start committing acts of terrorism in his name.

"Stand back and stand by."

All he has to do is give the order.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Worst case ... either the Trump crime family rubs out the Clinton/Biden etc crime families, or Michael Corleone will have to hide out in Sicily for awhile.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on November 05, 2020, 10:46:45 AM
I heard that on NPR this morning.  Two days ago, I thought both those states were forgone conclusions for Trump.
As of 21.30ET, the gap in Georgia is 1900 votes with about 50,000 left to count.  in PA it's 42,000 with about 400,000 left to count.  He needs to capture 55% of the remaining votes in Pennsylvania... and they're counting the mail-in ballots which heavily lean Democratic.  In Georgia, he only needs to outpace 52% of the remaining ballots to take the lead, and about all that's left to count are the mail-ins, which trend Democratic, and Atlanta... which trends Democratic. And so far, the leads in Nevada and Arizona are holding up.

I'd say 'fingers crossed', but I don't want to give in to superstition.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

SGOS

Most of the protests seem to agree that all the votes should be counted, but the composition of each protest seems to vary inversely with which candidate is doing better at any particular time.

drunkenshoe

Well, I was expecting him to declare cheating and all, BUT did he just say interference by 'the big media, big money and big tech?! Holly molly cockwrappers... He really knows his base, doesn't he?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 06, 2020, 04:07:17 AM
Well, I was expecting him to declare cheating and all, BUT did he just say interference by 'the big media, big money and big tech?! Holly molly cockwrappers... He really knows his base, doesn't he?
He's projecting his own morality onto others, and it's something he does frequently.  It's not an uncommon human psychological defense mechanism.  People do it, usually at an unconscious level,  but projecting one's own faults onto others must be something in the Guidebook For Good Republicans, because they seem to have elevated it to an art form.  I always wonder if they are aware of it and doing it with forethought, or if they do it without knowing.  It doesn't make any difference.  It's offensive either way.

Traditionally, Republicans have gotten their financial support from corporations, but in the case of Trump, I suspect he has experienced a falloff from his corporate donors, who don't expect him to be around much longer.  It would make more financial sense for CEOs to give that money to senators, because Trump's chances for election have always been iffy. 

As far as cheating, it's always suspected, even by both parties, but until there is actual evidence, no one knows if it happens or not.  If Trump had evidence, he would give it now.  Politicians are great at making claims, but not so good at actually proving anything.  I suppose they don't need proof.  Poisoning the well is enough for their purposes.  False information throws voters into confusion, and that's all they need.