News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Why is everything so familiar. We had the same thing in the local elections. The obvious party made a victory speech before the results were in. It was very close. Then re-election, re-count and they have lost.

What is he doing? Is it that certain? This alone would cause violence if he loses in the end because all those groups are now brainwashed with a Trump Victory. Like instant soup.

What is going on?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

At 2:30 it looks like Trump has it in the bag.  I've turned to the silent AP map to get away from the annoying chatter, and all that's left where Biden has a chance is Nevada and Arizona and that's only 17 electoral votes.  Maine is in contention, but even if he gets all 4 of Maine's votes (not a given), he won't get 270.  Everything else leans toward Trump.

The New York Times say it could be days counting the mail in votes in the upper midwest states that are going to Trump, but I think they just want to draw out the drama.  If Trump is already dominating Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, it seems like the votes already in are a better sampling than most polls. Granted those votes still need to be counted if the courts allow it, and I suppose Biden could prevail, but I don't think he will.

Biden is not a strong candidate, although apparently popular among many Democrats, but I still thought he had a chance against Trump.  A record breaking turnout also draws out the conservatives, not just Democrats as we have been taught to believe.  And Trump not only resonates with conservatives, he also delivers to them more than any president I can remember.

The Associated Press has not called it yet, but I think the writing is on the wall.

Draconic Aiur

I'm scared and hurt of the sheer number of votes in favor of Trump and the republicans.

Mr.Obvious

I was expecting a Trump victory. But being right does nothing to lift my spirits.

At least: think of the mêmes.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mr.Obvious

My brother's American gf has resigned her phone, due to the stress as the votes are being counted.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cassia

I woke up and checked my investments first, saw they were flat, market confused, and so I knew the election was down to the wire. I think perhaps polling hurts the party that is ahead at the time by cooling down their voters and by energizing the lagging party. And of course Trump declared victory too early and is proclaiming 'fraud' as expected. However right now it doesn't look all that good for Biden and it seems congress will remain as b4 and the only blue wave will be those gasping for air in emergency rooms.

SGOS

This mornings NYT:

QuoteJoe Biden is now the favorite to win the presidency, and Republicans are favored to keep Senate control

https://mail.yahoo.com/b/folders/1/messages/AKFBfvEMpDiIX6KWGgMNQKw4Toc?.src=ym&reason=unsupported_browser&folderType=INBOX&showImages=true&offset=0&domain=nytimes.com

SGOS

The above is speculation.  I put as much stock in it as I do my own speculations or those polls that came before.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on November 04, 2020, 04:26:46 AM
I'm scared and hurt of the sheer number of votes in favor of Trump and the republicans.

I hope you can get over the fact that you are the only you, and the rest of us aren't you, though in politics birds of a feather flock together.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 04, 2020, 04:30:04 AM
I was expecting a Trump victory. But being right does nothing to lift my spirits.

At least: think of the mêmes.

Not true.  2020 is a repeat of 2000 and 2016. ... surprise, suprise.  Utopia hasn't arrived, and never will.  Regressives and Progressives ignore human nature and human history.  America was a mess, and remains a mess the morning after.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 04, 2020, 05:58:50 AM
I woke up and checked my investments first, saw they were flat, market confused, and so I knew the election was down to the wire. I think perhaps polling hurts the party that is ahead at the time by cooling down their voters and by energizing the lagging party. And of course Trump declared victory too early and is proclaiming 'fraud' as expected. However right now it doesn't look all that good for Biden and it seems congress will remain as b4 and the only blue wave will be those gasping for air in emergency rooms.

Perfect for the markets.  A Blue Wave or Red Wave bet was a sucker bet.  The markets flourish on volatility, not long term trends.  The Great Reset aka worldwide electronic slavery to the Elite.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 04, 2020, 01:41:53 AM
But that's the thing. What I'm afraid is that the other side might not watch it calmly. In fact, even they win, Conservatives could act violently. Guys, be safe.

"Conservatives bad, liberals good" - Og ... humans are still in the "stoned" age.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 03, 2020, 08:39:28 PM
Gonna sip a shot of Jamison straight up, hope for peace and work on our ancestry since it seems that an EU passport is a possibility and perhaps travel will once again be a reality late '21 or sometime in '22.

Only if you get the "human is property" pass they are devising.  Lysenkoism, with that "political" pass you can be on an airplane, coughing up Ebola and still be OK.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Seriously, fuck this country and the people who think Trump's behavior has been anything resembling acceptable. After all the shit he said and did, this should have been a landslide in Biden's favor.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

The people who were afraid to go the poles in person are having their votes counted now. T.rump couldn't stop that. He will try to  upset it, and that's the real test of our system right now.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers