News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 03, 2020, 02:25:31 PM
Whatever side wins, there are going to be riots.

I'll be asleep when the results get in. Best of luck, Americans.

We may not know the results of this election for weeks. Months if the courts get involved. The 2000 election wasn't settled until December 12th. This one could take longer if it is close.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 03, 2020, 02:18:07 PM
The poor young Trump may have had 'bone spurs' all through the Vietnam War. That's tough.

Yes, Bill Clinton was a war hero too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 03, 2020, 01:14:25 PM
Is this the People vs. Trump thread?

Deplorables don't count as people.  Non-Marxists count as state enemies ;-)

Correct about legal action.  Every single vote deserves a $1,000,000 court action.  The money made by lawyers will be epic!!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 03, 2020, 03:19:59 PM
I'm going to bed too. Good luck. Hope nothing bad will happen afterwards.
I don't think anything will.  Eventually, there will be a revolution, but that's down the road yet. <knocks on wood>

Cassia

Quote from: Baruch on November 03, 2020, 04:15:05 PM
So you volunteered for Vietnam?  For Iraq?  Not saying you had no military experience.
I joined the Army as a nurse stationed at Fort Jackson, SC where we actually had to handle some leprosy cases. When I got out I knew I never wanted to be in medicine again and went for engineering. And the difference is I don't bad mouth actual war heroes like that ass hat Trump does. I don't see how anyone in a military family would vote for that orange wuss.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 03, 2020, 04:26:24 PM
I joined the Army as a nurse stationed at Fort Jackson, SC where we actually had to handle some leprosy cases. When I got out I knew I never wanted to be in medicine again and went for engineering. And the difference is I don't bad mouth actual war heroes like that ass hat Trump does. I don't see how anyone in a military family would vote for that orange wuss.

I regretted my post and edited it.  I was 22 years as a contractor with military medicine admin.

Yes, all US military support the CCP.  It is the way ;-)

Hitler got the Iron Cross.  So heroism is a bit complicated.  Lenin and Stalin never served.  I know of no Leftist (intellectual) who ever did.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 03, 2020, 04:25:20 PM
I don't think anything will.  Eventually, there will be a revolution, but that's down the road yet. <knocks on wood>

Yes, when the children rise up (Children's Crusade) and kill all the adults.  Children are the most oppressed minority ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Before the poll results and/or latest scandal buries it:

Both NC and Pennsylvania will accept ballots for several days after Election Day, against GOP wishes

Voter suppression is a sign of weakness.  It's a sign that the people don't support your regime.  It's a betrayal of the Republic through attacking one of its most hallowed institutions.  And finally, it's also a sign of fear.

The American people are speaking through their votes.  The GOP tried to silence their voices.  Whatever happens today, that will be bitterly remembered.  And the next time the GOP asks for votes (and the time after that and the time after that), they will be reminded of their disloyalty as their opponents' votes surge.

Baruch

Voter suppression is "all American".  But no worry, as long as we don't murder each other.  Supporting criminals and treason, is jumping the shark.  Either both parties drop the criminality and treason, or they must both be eliminated.

Had my snifter of Grand Marnier ... time for bed ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Baruch on November 03, 2020, 07:34:05 PM
Had my snifter of Grand Marnier ... time for bed ;-)
Gonna sip a shot of Jamison straight up, hope for peace and work on our ancestry since it seems that an EU passport is a possibility and perhaps travel will once again be a reality late '21 or sometime in '22.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cassia on November 03, 2020, 04:26:24 PM

Many are single-issue voters. All they care about is abortion. They don't realize that abortion has been on a downward trend since Row v. Wade, consistently no matter which side was in power, nor do they care if you tell them that. They also don't care that Republicans have had the majority in the Supreme Court multiple times and still chose to follow the precedent set before them. They just want their Pro-Lifers in office. Nothing else matters.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 03, 2020, 02:25:31 PM
Whatever side wins, there are going to be riots.

I'll be asleep when the results get in. Best of luck, Americans.

I don't agree. If the Right loses, there are certain groups who may commit violence on Trump's behalf, but most Conservatives will just whine about it on Facebook. If the Left loses, they'll do the same thing they did last time Trump won. They will protest, not riot.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

So far, it looks like Trump and the Republicans are sweeping up the votes.  One graph I saw showed Biden ahead on electoral votes, but I think that is based on projected votes.  Actual votes so far don't seem to follow the projection.  Again this year, polls and projections don't seem to be predicting much.  But it's early.  I'm streaming this and reminded why I got rid of my TV.  Breathless fast talking teams of talking heads are annoying, and I don't think I'm going to watch this into the wee hours of the night.

Hydra009

Not encouraging so far.  But be patient and wait for all the votes to come in.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 03, 2020, 09:25:29 PM
I don't agree. If the Right loses, there are certain groups who may commit violence on Trump's behalf, but most Conservatives will just whine about it on Facebook.

But that's the thing. What I'm afraid is that the other side might not watch it calmly. In fact, even they win, Conservatives could act violently. Guys, be safe.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp