News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on October 28, 2020, 11:28:32 AM
Say good bye to the economy for a while. Huge Layoffs, Covid-19 Europe shutdown, US record virus new cases, no stimulus S&P down about 5% in 2 days...I may buy some more. Not good for incumbents a week out.
My parents say it's going to be a mess for most of next year as well.  Not good whoever takes office, either.  Lots of messes big and small to clean up - and people have a bad habit of blaming the stench on the nearest person, not necessarily the offender.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

"Fun" fact about those rape allegations: Trump tried to get the Justice Dept to legally defend him (basically subsidizing his own legal defense and shielding him from legal liability).  The State Department apparently cited a law designed to protect federal employees against litigation stemming from the performance of their duties.  How the judge resisted bludgeoning the Trump lackey to death with a law book, I'll never understand.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 28, 2020, 03:40:02 PM
"Fun" fact about those rape allegations: Trump tried to get the Justice Dept to legally defend him (basically subsidizing his own legal defense and shielding him from legal liability).  The State Department apparently cited a law to designed to protect federal employees against litigation stemming from the performance of their duties.  How the judge resisted bludgeoning the Trump lackey to death with a law book, I'll never understand.

Every male is a rapist.  Not just Bill or Joe.  This is why women want to castrate all of us men ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

bob nelson

Wow,great grammar there. For those who judge someone's arguments by the quality of an avatar that they don't use, sarcasm or not, that's sad. I'm too old to get angry or lose any sleep over what other people say in this thread. Get rid of your  anger in some other way, because I think if you keep it  up like this after the election is over, you might end-up alone and bitter. I will continue to listen to black-metal and spend time with our grandkids. That makes me smile, not arguing politics on an atheist web-site. Get off my lawn!

Gawdzilla Sama

Trump left his mobs to fend for themselves. Omaha Beach on D-Day, II.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 28, 2020, 06:22:48 PM
Trump left his mobs to fend for themselves. Omaha Beach on D-Day, II.

The Dems are anti-American.  They are the Germans at Omaha Beach.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Homeland Security official Miles Taylor published an opinion piece and a book over a year ago critical of Trump, but he did so anonymously because he wanted to limit Trump to a defense of the accusations, rather than letting Trump turn the issue into an Ad Hominem attack on Taylor.  Many presidents would use the fallacy, but with Trump it would be a forgone conclusion. Trump's team tried to find out where the attack came from, but were unable to find out who it was, until this week when Taylor took credit for his works.

Whether this was the correct approach or not, I have to admit I enjoyed the idea of frustrating Trump just because he's Trump.  But the point of this post is little more than an opportunity to post a quote from Taylor's writing that most closely describes the way I saw Trump doing his job from outside of Washington.  Taylor described Mr. Trump as a

Quote“12-year-old in an air traffic control tower, pushing the buttons of government indiscriminately, indifferent to the planes skidding across the runway.”
That could have been a political cartoon on the front page of the Times, but it was done in writing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/28/us/politics/miles-taylor-anonymous-trump.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20201028&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=cta&regi_id=129705843&segment_id=42633&user_id=33a2a6e6868fd65c48b0f219d16ed7c2

Baruch

The government has many levels and many factions.  It can't speak with one voice.  Do right or do wrong, criticism will come every day.  The average human doesn't know right from wrong anyway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: bob nelson on October 28, 2020, 06:17:52 PM
I'm too old to get angry or lose any sleep over what other people say in this thread. Get rid of your  anger in some other way.
Still projecting.   Also, you're boring.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on October 28, 2020, 06:47:24 PM
Still projecting.   Also, you're boring.

I need to give him lessons.  You aren't teaching him, just berating him.  Not a good teacher at all.

"In some states we will have final results almost immediately, but in other states counting could take quite a few weeks..." ... just like the 19th century
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: bob nelson on October 28, 2020, 06:17:52 PMI will continue to listen to black-metal and spend time with our grandkids. That makes me smile, not arguing politics on an atheist web-site.
So don't.

Mike Cl

Quote from: bob nelson on October 28, 2020, 06:17:52 PM
Wow,great grammar there. For those who judge someone's arguments by the quality of an avatar that they don't use, sarcasm or not, that's sad. I'm too old to get angry or lose any sleep over what other people say in this thread. Get rid of your  anger in some other way, because I think if you keep it  up like this after the election is over, you might end-up alone and bitter. I will continue to listen to black-metal and spend time with our grandkids. That makes me smile, not arguing politics on an atheist web-site. Get off my lawn!
Project much?!  You are the angry one.  And you are on our lawn, not yours.  Why are you on this site?  You only make pronouncements--nothing close to a discussion or dialogue.  Why are you so hung up on avatar's?  Seems you are frightened of them.  You write like a 16 year old with problems that needs a shrink.  You will probably not advance much more than that--16.  What a weak-kneed dolt you are. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Walter Mondale’s 1984 concession to Ronald Reagan: “The choice was made peacefully. And although I would have rather won tonight, we rejoice in our democracy. We rejoice in the freedom of a wonderful people. And we accept their verdict.”

Jason Harvestdancer

So in one week, about half the country will be bitterly disappointed that "evil" won.  Yes, both sides have a significant portion that sees the other side as actually evil.  There will be a big public meltdown by that side.  And that side will blame 3rd party voters like me for their loss.

That will happen no matter which side wins.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!