News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Stand down and cover your eyes

QuoteFrank Albergo, president of the Postal Police Officers Association, said the order to stand down, coming so close to the election, is especially concerning. “If I was going to undermine public trust in the mail, one of the first things I would do is pull postal police off the street,” he said.

SGOS

QuoteNYT: During the first two minutes each candidate speaks in each of the six 15-minute segments, his opponent’s microphone will be muted. After those initial statements in each segment, both mics will be turned on and are not expected to be cut off during the rest of the segment, even if one candidate keeps interrupting the other or eats up time talking.
Is this better than nothing? 4 minutes without interruption followed by an 11 minute free for all in each segment.  Trump is probably brushing up on his interruptions right now.  The news still can't resist the reality TV format.  I'm going to give myself 8 minutes for the debate.  I promise myself 8 minutes.  It could be longer.  I already voted so the debate doesn't help me.  I received a dvd from Netflix today with the first 4 episodes of Penny Dreadful, it's in the drive and ready to go.  I'm good, here.  So you guys don't have to worry about me.

Unbeliever

I expect another debacle, but I must watch as if it were a traffic fiasco.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

I'm not watching it.  I consider debates to be useful to get insight on the candidates before voting.  But since I've voted, then there's really no point to me watching it.

I have no doubt Trump will try to turn this one into another circus, and I have zero interest in that.  Let me know how it turns out, though.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 22, 2020, 08:30:04 PM
I expect another debacle, but I must watch as if it were a traffic fiasco.

You need counseling.  I won't watch any of them.

"Hunter Biden's Ex-Partner To Be Trump's Debate Guest As Senate Demands Hunter Turn Over Records" ... will he make the "eye see you" gesture at Joe?

"'Waste Of Time': NPR Refuses To Cover Biden Scandal" .. remove all public funding from NPR.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

It was availble here live in the wee hours. I haven't watched it. Afraid to look up or ask about it. How was it?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 23, 2020, 05:16:36 AM
It was availble here live in the wee hours. I haven't watched it. Afraid to look up or ask about it. How was it?

Reports say … better than before, election commission/moderator was less incompetent.  Common tropes of the last 4 years, older and newer were touched upon.  Both candidates did a fare amount of deflection.  Biden didn't collapse (which I am afraid of, there are horrible theories about).  In American terms I would call the experience of the last month "corned beef hash".  Who is the corned beef and who is the potatoes (the other ingredient) depends on your politics ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 23, 2020, 05:16:36 AM
I watched about 25 min. of it, and most of that was to keep my wife company.  I find I get sick to my stomach watching tRUMP for more than a few min.  Orange kept his cool for the 'debate', but that just seemed to make the lies stand out more.  I think he actually will come out as worse today than yesterday.  All Biden had to do was not to lose, and he achieved that much anyway.  My wife braved the entire show, and feels the same way.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 23, 2020, 08:56:21 AM
I watched about 25 min. of it, and most of that was to keep my wife company.  I find I get sick to my stomach watching tRUMP for more than a few min.  Orange kept his cool for the 'debate', but that just seemed to make the lies stand out more.  I think he actually will come out as worse today than yesterday.  All Biden had to do was not to lose, and he achieved that much anyway.  My wife braved the entire show, and feels the same way.

All Hillary had to do, was not lose ... but she did.  Flip a coin Nov 3.

"“I thought Zhao Biden did great at the debate”- CCP" ... enjoy your bicycles, Mao jackets and Zhao's Little Blue Book
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I was pleasantly surprised at the tone, but Trump was still his usual lying self. At least he didn't come off as a lounge act. I listed to it on KGO, and then listed to John Rothman and his callers talk about it for 2 1/2 hours. I may need an intervention...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

drunkenshoe

Hmm. So it was OK, as much as it can be.

But I'm not sure that 'the light tone' is good news from a different perspective. It means, he knows he could lose for real and while that's very good, it also means he is still acting out of 'character'. What is he capable of doing at a point he has nothing to lose after losing the elections? There is a huge difference between losing the first one and losing the second one, not to mention esp. in his position.

Because I hate to say it, but this is not going to end clean with Trump himself, am I wrong? Does it work that way? I wish it did. How many ways they have been trying to sue this man for the last 4 years? Democrats will try to reverse everything he did and they will jump the whole nine yards from international politics to his private life. And he's burned a lot of bridges too, somebody will have to pay the bill. Will republicans own up to him if he loses? To what end? Is he going to retire form politics? I don't know what to think about that but probably not. Maybe forced to?

Also people could start to talk when he steps down. Just what has been going with the staff the least would explode, imo. Then the officials. Who resigned in the last 4 years, when, why?  It feels like a period of 'Trump scandals' could start if he loses. I dunno. And it will radicalise politics and people more at both sides, deepen the adversity and invite more divisive policies. Sigh. oooff.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

bob nelson

How any one with any common sense could vote for a corrupt career politician with dementia and a running mate who slept her way into office and is the "real" candidate baffles me. I kept waiting for willie brown to show up at one of their events, must have been paid off. Buy the way, people keep saying that trump is a liar, what specifically has he lied about?  TRUMP2020!

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 23, 2020, 03:17:04 PM
Hmm. So it was OK, as much as it can be.

But I'm not sure that 'the light tone' is good news from a different perspective. It means, he knows he could lose for real and while that's very good, it also means he is still acting out of 'character'. What is he capable of doing at a point he has nothing to lose after losing the elections? There is a huge difference between losing the first one and losing the second one, not to mention esp. in his position.

Because I hate to say it, but this is not going to end clean with Trump himself, am I wrong? Does it work that way? I wish it did. How many ways they have been trying to sue this man for the last 4 years? Democrats will try to reverse everything he did and they will jump the whole nine yards from international politics to his private life. And he's burned a lot of bridges too, somebody will have to pay the bill. Will republicans own up to him if he loses? To what end? Is he going to retire form politics? I don't know what to think about that but probably not. Maybe forced to?

Also people could start to talk when he steps down. Just what has been going with the staff the least would explode, imo. Then the officials. Who resigned in the last 4 years, when, why?  It feels like a period of 'Trump scandals' could start if he loses. I dunno. And it will radicalise politics and people more at both sides, deepen the adversity and invite more divisive policies. Sigh. oooff.

Obama reversed everything George W did?  No?  That isn't how things work here.  Both parties are paid actors, paid by the same people.  TV news in particular is a form of Hollywood infotainment ... based on real life, but not real.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.