News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

We are living in reality TV as contestants.  Will you be kicked of The Island?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

I might watch the SNL skit of the debate. I'm sure it'll be more worth my time than the real thing.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cassia

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 21, 2020, 06:53:50 PM
He was apparently on a very powerful steroid. So maybe. Or maybe he's finally getting the hint that the only people who like him are evangelical nutcases, white supremacists, rednecks, and evangelical white-supremacist rednecks. And the super rich, of course.
Why do I have this mental image of baby boomers/X leaving a country half-flooded and half-on-fire to an early onset diabetic generation that has started adulthood in-debt, living in their parent's (2nd mortgaged) house with a shelf full of participation trophies while a pandemic rages needlessly?

Holy run-on sentence Batman.

Being on the Boomer-X cusp myself...I am rooting for millennials. They are way more socially conscience, green minded, mostly godless and when they get their shit together they will save the planet and the species. Hopefully Trump will be the final really bad contribution that us boomers can muster up before we check out. We need to keep our sense of humor about all of this. Somehow. Life is still wonderful and beautiful and people are still basically good.

Baruch

SNL?  Like when Bill Burr mocked y'all?

Hate Boomers?  Want to kill us before or after you toss us in the nursing home?

Oh, I thought Millennials were the worst generation, now they are the master race?

I support all the 20-60 year olds, because you are the ones that have to make things happen.  But not out of any generational prejudice.  Children are too young and seniors are too old.

"Putin says US Democratic Party 'closer to Social Democratic ideas,' would work with 'any future president'" .. he helped Hillary, not Trump.  He will help Biden too, because Biden is China's bitch, and China is Putin's ally ... "Agency heads say it involves hacked voter registration information as well as 'spoofed' emails sent to Democrats in order to damage President Trump" ... bwahah

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

I'll tell ya, my parents didn't wanna be my friend and didn't give a damn about seeming cool to my friends. In fact they went out of their way to embarrass me by being as uncool as they could be. Hell, I love them !

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on October 21, 2020, 10:39:03 PM
I'll tell ya, my parents didn't wanna be my friend and didn't give a damn about seeming cool to my friends. In fact they went out of their way to embarrass me by being as uncool as they could be. Hell, I love them !

Parents ... can't live with them, can't be born/raised without them ;-)  You got to be you (you adult you).  Sorry they are dorks, "it is the way" per Mandalorian.  Parents live to embarrass their children, but usually when they are teenagers and are too emo.  You can embarrass them back, in love.  I certainly did.  I have never complained about my daughter's politics (but I gripe to myself).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on October 21, 2020, 08:13:15 PMBeing on the Boomer-X cusp myself...I am rooting for millennials. They are way more socially conscience, green minded, mostly godless and when they get their shit together they will save the planet and the species.
I mean, we're sorta more liberal than previous generations (true of Gen Z as well) but there's one incy wincy problem...

It's all that avocado toast and vidja games, surely...

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 21, 2020, 06:53:50 PM
He was apparently on a very powerful steroid. So maybe. Or maybe he's finally getting the hint that the only people who like him are evangelical nutcases, white supremacists, rednecks, and evangelical white-supremacist rednecks. And the super rich, of course.

Yeah it's probably the drugs and they'll adjust the dose or come up with a better arrangement. Or it is some sort of an act.

But wouldn't they know that? For whatever reason he is taking it, they would know it has side affects like this. Because this is not a 70 something year old living at the next door whose behavioural disorders only affect the wife, the dog and neighbours who constantly avoids him. He is a president.

If it is an act or a combination of drugs and act; if they are letting it happen for the means of some strategy, it is gonna get really creepy. I swear, I can picture him crying in front of the cameras; telling how much he loves you all one by one, how he was thinking about only you when he did anything and for this great country OR even blaming some deep state for the last 4 years on whatever he has said and done. It's going to be a Rick and Morty episode, buckle up. 

In any case, the moment he is sure he can't get elected again, he will cry. Mark my words.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 22, 2020, 12:53:45 AM
I mean, we're sorta more liberal than previous generations (true of Gen Z as well) but there's one incy wincy problem...

It's all that avocado toast and vidja games, surely...

Yeah, that is a flat and low line for millennials alright. However...I dare say that most of that boomer wealth is concentrated in a very few individuals. The rest of it is anything but liquid; most (~>60%) is tied up in home equity. That's why Tom Selleck is on TV selling reverse mortgages so that some gen X's and millennials don't even get the house. The concentration of wealth has been extraordinary during the reign of the boomer. The stock market and patience are key mechanisms. When young, inexperienced people try to break in.. the reddit stock boards show what often happens:

Baruch

The answer to a Boomer is a pre Boomer?

Trump born 1946
Biden born 1942

Generational wealth has been systematically suppressed since Ronald Reagan.  This is bipartisan, because both parties work for the same Elites.

See chart repeated by Hillary who is a wealthy Boomer/Elite ;-)

https://www.epi.org/blog/inequality-central-productivity-pay-gap/

Boomers and later have all suffered from a productivity vs wage gap, and from inflation.  There is more unemployment and underemployment than in the WWII generation who benefited from the unique post-WWII boom.  Today work is more part-time than before, with less benefits after inflation.  This is why in my parent's generation, a blue-collar worker who had full employment and good benefits could be married with children and the wife only worked if she wanted to and only part time even then.

"$1 in 1980 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $3.15 in 2020, a difference of $2.15 over 40 years" a decline in value by more than 2/3.

Most of my income over 40 years was spent on daily expenses and credit card interest (something my parent's didn't have).  A great deal was burned because of cyclical unemployment.  For most of the Boomers, a great deal was spent on mortgage payments, their house being their primary investment, and many put a second mortgage on it during the go-go years before 2009 aka the bank still owns the house (and the government ultimately owns it thru eminent domain).

The next generation will see little inheritance, because of uncovered medical expenses, mortgages underwater, and funeral expenses.  The first and third items nearly exhausted my parent's estate, along with my mother living to a very old age.  They did benefit uniquely by a positive housing market that they cashed out of around 2009 or before.  My real estate was a net loss before retirement.  Beware that any paper assets are of ephemeral value compared to even real estate, since they are all based on the bigger fool theory.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on October 21, 2020, 08:13:15 PM
Why do I have this mental image of baby boomers/X leaving a country half-flooded and half-on-fire to an early onset diabetic generation that has started adulthood in-debt, living in their parent's (2nd mortgaged) house with a shelf full of participation trophies while a pandemic rages needlessly?

Holy run-on sentence Batman.

LOL, Cassia. That had a VR effect on me.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Starting in particular with Obama, Millennials and their parents were sold on going into ridiculous debt for a valueless college degree.  But this decline started much earlier.  For a pre-/early Boomer generation, college was even free in-state, and the value of even a non-STEM degree wasn't diluted by too many kids going to college, or by all genuine jobs being exported to India and China.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"New Biden Biz Partner Emerges, Confirms "Big Guy" Joe Directly Involved In China Deal" .. potential suicides keep multiplying

"Hunter Biden Laptop Linked To FBI Money Laundering Investigation" ... all the pols do it, but most don't keep their big wad in a washing machine.  one pol kept his in the freezer.

"Fears Of Biden Capital Gains Tax Hike Spark Avalanche Of Private Company Sales" ... Biden is good for giant multinationals, not others

"Home Depot Co-Founder: "Fraud" To Suggest Middle-Class Won't See Higher Taxes Under Biden" ... duh, soak the rich never happens ... “It’s absolutely a fraud... The only way a tax increase will generate revenues is to go after the middle class. That’s where the numbers are. These people are being misled...”
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 22, 2020, 03:50:28 AM
Yeah it's probably the drugs and they'll adjust the dose or come up with a better arrangement. Or it is some sort of an act.

But wouldn't they know that? For whatever reason he is taking it, they would know it has side affects like this. Because this is not a 70 something year old living at the next door whose behavioural disorders only affect the wife, the dog and neighbours who constantly avoids him. He is a president.

If it is an act or a combination of drugs and act; if they are letting it happen for the means of some strategy, it is gonna get really creepy. I swear, I can picture him crying in front of the cameras; telling how much he loves you all one by one, how he was thinking about only you when he did anything and for this great country OR even blaming some deep state for the last 4 years on whatever he has said and done. It's going to be a Rick and Morty episode, buckle up. 

In any case, the moment he is sure he can't get elected again, he will cry. Mark my words.

They haven't been able to control the President's behavior before. Why start now?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 22, 2020, 11:07:20 AM
They haven't been able to control the President's behavior before. Why start now?

Lincoln was elected by 35% of the vote, and provoked a Civil War.  John Wilkes Booth took too long to control him.

Who are they?  The MSM shills?  The CIA/FBI who assassinated JFK and control every pol via blackmail?  Now the public knows some of the blackmail that the Deep State has on the Biden crime family.

"Leftists Create Database to DOX Trump Supporters, Fliers Threatening CIVIL WAR Found in Kansas" ... just like our sane buddy, John Brown, in 1858?  The voter registrations let us know where every Democrat lives ... einstatzgruppen will have an easy time.

"Putin Endorses Comrade Joe Biden, Praises Democrats For Communist Ideals" .. correct, Mr Putin.

"Harris, prominent Democrats listed as 'key contacts' for Biden family business venture projects" ... duh!

"Ghislaine Maxwell deposition transcripts for 2016 case released" ... nothing to see, she lied thru her teeth

"FBI confirms Iran responsible for wave of fake emails intended to intimidate voters" ... Dems doing the will of the Ayatollah
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.