News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

How is this different from "I started 4 new wars and got a Nobel" Obama?
Right. The Bush fiascos. Bush senior does a half-assed job and has no after-war plan. And then Jr attacks Iraq and Afghanistan because Saudis and Egyptians blew up NYC and the pentagon on his watch. Again leaves Iraq with no plan just like his old man. Well it's all gawds fault anyways. He made them do it.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on September 15, 2020, 12:08:10 PM
How is this different from "I started 4 new wars and got a Nobel" Obama?
Right. The Bush fiascos. Bush senior does a half-assed job and has no after-war plan. And then Jr attacks Iraq and Afghanistan because Saudis and Egyptians blew up NYC and the pentagon on his watch. Again leaves Iraq with no plan just like his old man. Well it's all gawds fault anyways. He made them do it.

Since WW II, the MIC isn't interested in peace or winning, it is all about war profiteering.  WW II got the US out of the Great Depression, not the New Deal.  I am one of the beneficiaries, not that I favor combat, I cared for the young people I worked with.  I would have had to do something else for a living (and planned to) if it wasn't for the Cold War and War on Terror.  So "Que Bono".  The Taliban ended the opium trade.  The CIA runs the world drug trade (since Vietnam at least, Golden Triangle).

This is how the spooks money launder ... and regular criminals too.  The US invasion of Afghanistan reestablished the opium trade, so that it could go into Russia to addict the Russian people.  See British Empire 1840s Opium Wars with China.  OSS/CIA worked with the Jewish and Italian Mafia in WW II, with German war criminals after WW II.  JFK was son of Irish-American Mafia, who worked with the Italian-American Mafia.

It isn't clear just how connected the Saudi Royals are to 9/11, and who all were involved.  Just saying.  Before 9/11, George W was putting a stick in China's eye (2001 spy plane incident).  Never let a crisis go to waste seems bipartisan to me.  The larger point is, modern nation states cannot prosper without ever greater government expenditure, and MIC is a convenient way to do this (war is very expensive).  There is no final victory anytime in history.  Just study the endless wars with Persia (still happening now).  Not saying that Osama Bin Ladin or Saddam Hussein are saints.

What does Trump have to do with any of this?  He wants to moderate the warmongering.  Seems good to me.  That prior image seems anti-gay to me.  Why shouldn't Putin and Trump get it on, are you a bigot? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Cassia on September 15, 2020, 11:31:04 AM
Trump's people used Russian MIGs and Russian Troops in a "support out troops ad". Sharp bunch? or just truth in advertising? Morons in any event.
He didn't actually say whose troops to support... and he's so far in Vlad the Impaler Putin's back pocket, he probably thinks Russian troops are his anyway.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on September 15, 2020, 01:38:14 PM
He didn't actually say whose troops to support... and he's so far in Vlad the Impaler Putin's back pocket, he probably thinks Russian troops are his anyway.

Death to Russia
Life to China
Death to Russia
Life to China ... something wrong with this, they are allies!

"POLICE CHARGE BLM LEFTISTS WHO HARASSED ELDERLY COUPLE, RAID ON ANTIFA ENDS LANCASTER RIOTS" ... arrest all violent street people, put them in a time machine, send them back to Woodstock 1969 where they belong!

General "Mad Dog" Mattis projecting Burt Lancaster ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRiZtqVPJ9U

"Joe Biden And Kamala Harris Both Refer To 'Harris Administration' During Public Speeches" ... if Biden gets in, he will resign, make Kamala President, then Kamala brings in Hillary as VP, then Hillary assassinates Kamala (suicided with two bullets to back of head, like Vince Foster), and Hillary's Manifest Destiny is achieved ... Bwhaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tDeDiLowB4

Yes, Hippies go away already!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxzq9BLE5Hg

America, go the distance!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Shades of Hitler like actions:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/whistleblower-ice-hysterectomies-georgia_n_5f60d307c5b68d1b09c812b6

Forced hysterectomies.  And we are the moral beacon for the world............
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: trdsf on September 14, 2020, 03:59:17 PM
It would be the incoming new Congress, not the current one, to do the voting.  However, I don't really expect enough, or even any, delegations to flip.

If the election goes to the next Congress, and if Democrats can flip the Senate (just possible), you could have the bizarre circumstance of the House choosing the Oval Orifice and the Senate choosing Kamala Harris.  The 12th Amendment is silent on what happens if the Senate is evenly divided -- it does not say that the current VP casts a tiebreaker, although I imagine Pence would try to.  And then we get the Supreme Court involved, and I have no idea how they would decide that one.

True, but how much do you expect the congress to flip?  I'm not talking about Congress as a whole, which is already Democratic, but individual state delegations.

As it stands now, 27 state delegations are Republican and 21 are Democratic. One is evenly tied, and one is split 3 ways but is 50% Democratic. If the vote were taken right now it would be a Republican victory, but that is not all there is.

If there are contested House races, it falls within the power of the House to vote on which person to seat. The obvious contender are the states where the delegation is already 50%, MI and PA. Then CO and FL both have an odd number of Representatives AND are 50%+1 Republican, meaning that one seat switched would lead to them being 50%+1 Democrat.

That does only bring the count to 25 to 25, evenly tied. It requires four contested races being decided in the House, so it isn't enough to get 26. So that leaves some states with a bigger margin to overcome.

There are 5 states that have only one Representative: AK, MT, ND, SD, WY. Unfortunately they are all very solidly red states, a contested race there would be quite obviously a setup. Then there are states where you need two seats to switch: ID, KS, MS, NE, SC, UT, WV, and WI. Again they are all Red states, having two seats up for grabs that way in any one of them also is a little hard to envision.

Still, that leaves 13 options, so maybe one of them could be worked to give the Democrats a 26-24 advantage in the House.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Jason Harvestdancer

White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 15, 2020, 06:27:01 PM
Shades of Hitler like actions:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/whistleblower-ice-hysterectomies-georgia_n_5f60d307c5b68d1b09c812b6

Forced hysterectomies.  And we are the moral beacon for the world............

Bad precedents for that in early 20th century ;-(  For profit prisons ring a bell?  Not a good idea ever.  Another bipartisan thing, like cops and Kamala.  Planned Parenthood was developed 120 years ago to kill of the African-Americans.  We are less prejudiced now, we want to kill of a wider scope of people.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 15, 2020, 06:29:00 PM
Scientific American Makes First Political Endorsement In 175 Years

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/scientific-american-endorses-joe-biden_n_5f60e701c5b6e27db133a902

Guess I would have to drop my subscription, if I had one.  Used to be a great non-partisan magazine, but all the academics are commies now.

@Jason Harvestdancer ... politics is local, so they say.  People vote for policies that hurt them, and which help the sponsors of political action.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on September 15, 2020, 07:35:38 PM
True, but how much do you expect the congress to flip?  I'm not talking about Congress as a whole, which is already Democratic, but individual state delegations.
Yes, I know that.  I said I don't expect enough delegations to flip.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

GSOgymrat

I haven't been out a lot but I've seen people with Trump t-shirts, hats, face masks, lawn signs, bumper stickers and giant flags. I've seen maybe a couple of Biden bumper stickers.

MAGA Visibility Is Making Democrats Nervous

... But this year the COVID-19 pandemic has understandably led Biden-Harris strategists to rely on more remote mobilization techniques, at least so far. And the contrast with the extremely visible advocates of MAGA, who are far less inhibited by public health guidance, is making some Democrats nervous, as TIME’s Charlotte Alter discovered in Michigan:

This year, 83-year old former Chrysler employee [Don Sabbe] says he’ll definitely vote for Joe Biden, but he’s getting concerned about Biden’s campaign here in Michigan.

“I can’t even find a sign,” Sabbe says outside a Kroger’s in Sterling Heights, where surrounding cars fly massive Donald Trump flags that say “No More Bullsh-t” and fellow shoppers wear Trump T-shirts for their weekend grocery runs. “I’m looking for one of those storefronts. I’m looking for a campaign office for Biden. And I’m not finding one.”

The reason Sabbe can’t find a dedicated Biden campaign field office is because there aren’t any around here. Not in Macomb County, the swing region where Sabbe lives. It’s not even clear Biden has opened any new dedicated field offices in the state; because of the pandemic, they’ve moved their field organizing effort online. ...

Mike Cl

I find it odd and disturbing how inept the Democrats have become in the last couple of decades.  They are perfectly capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once again.  The older I become the more I simply find myself understand less and less of the politics of this country.  Except for one thing--money rules!

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 17, 2020, 09:08:37 AM
I find it odd and disturbing how inept the Democrats have become in the last couple of decades.  They are perfectly capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once again.  The older I become the more I simply find myself understand less and less of the politics of this country.  Except for one thing--money rules!

Power rules.  Money is a form of power.  Yes, a primary fact is that the DNC wants to fail, either to not get elected, or to do the wrong things.  I have always seen that in the RNC.  Don't worry about the peasants!  We simply aren't that important to the millionaires other than as a nuisance.  Yes, candidates still get elected, but that is in spite of their crappy campaigns and their crappy party leaderships.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.