News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 24, 2020, 10:31:27 PM
This convention is job security for fact checkers!

There is only one truth, Karl Marx.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 24, 2020, 10:31:27 PM
This convention is job security for fact checkers!
I suppose making a drinking game of it by taking a shot every time he tells a lie would just be organized suicide.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on August 25, 2020, 06:27:02 AM
I suppose making a drinking game of it by taking a shot every time he tells a lie would just be organized suicide.

New TDS .. he encourages alcoholism …. funny!

Michelle is in love with George W and the Bush family supports the Bidens … you are being trolled by the whole Establishment.

"Portland BLM 'Revolutionaries' Bring Guillotine Into Suburbs Where They Burn American Flags, Fling Poo And Demand Shelter" … Dems = Poo …. this is low humor LARPing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I wouldn't make it past the first ten minutes!

:-D
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

That game is rigged so Republicans always win.

When Trump lies the Democrats drink, but Republicans think it's the truth.
After the convention is over, all the Democrats are dead from alcohol poisoning, but all the Republicans are still sober as judges.
No Democrats are alive to vote in the election, and Trump wins by a landslide.
America is great again, because no one that matters is around to protest.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 25, 2020, 12:38:16 PM
That game is rigged so Republicans always win.

When Trump lies the Democrats drink, but Republicans think it's the truth.
After the convention is over, all the Democrats are dead from alcohol poisoning, but all the Republicans are still sober as judges.
No Democrats are alive to vote in the election, and Trump wins by a landslide.
America is great again, because no one that matters is around to protest.

JFK = Republican
LBJ = Republican
Carter = Republican
Clinton = Republican
Obama = Republican

If all the Dems are closet Republicans (and I can argue that this list is) … then no wonder y'all are unhappy!  Maybe the DNC should fix your broken primary system?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Liberal Journalist Jemele Hill Says The U.S. Is As Bad As Nazi Germany" … send her to the ovens ;-)  Most African-Americans courtesy of Farrakhan are anti-Semites

"Watch: BLM Protesters Shot By Homeowners While Marching Through Rural Town" … apparently they didn't watch "Deliverance" … as Admiral Yamamoto used to say, in America there is a rifle behind every blade of grass (or MJ plant)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"ARMED Citizens Are Taking to the Streets to DEFEND Kenosha Against BLM Rioters, This is CIVIL WAR" … if the cops won't or can't restore order, the vigilance committee will
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Second RNC night riddled with dishonesty

QuoteFirst Lady Melania Trump concluded the second night of the Republican National Convention with a speech in which she said, "Total honesty is what we as citizens deserve from our president."
So...someone else?  Rick Astley, maybe?  I dunno if the 22nd amendment would jive with him never saying goodbye, but at least he'd never tell a lie and hurt us.

QuoteEric Trump suggested that his father had achieved peace in the Middle East and brought never-ending wars to an end.

Baruch

Dems = Left handed devils
Repub= Right handed devils

"California Is A Failed State, Residents Are Fleeing Rolling Blackouts And Authoritarian Lockdown" … deserves an ironic video response …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHomETco0MI

Enjoying that 20% US uranium you got from Comrade Obama?

Which California nuclear reactor will go Chernobyl?  Already did at San Onofre?  Fictionally in 2001 thriller … Fallout

"Republican Convention Got SIX TIMES More Livestream Viewers Than Democrats, Media Narrative CRUMBL..
Watch" … on numbers with Tulsa rally … Dems are Neanderthals, they don't even have cable TV.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 27, 2020, 01:03:41 AM

I'm convinced that this is the kind of thing that won Biden the nomination.  He says nice things but they don't translate into any meaningful outcome.  So voters say, "Biden is a better guy the Trump because he will do what's right," which is not an expectation of a meaningful outcome.  I want more than that.  What  does a president say he's going to do?  Does he do it?  And is it what I want him to do?  I don't find philosophical bullshit inspiring.  The proof is in the nuts and bolts. 

I want universal healthcare.  Not some half ass crap that keeps the insurance salesman's foot in my door and my elected officials in his pocket.  I want equal justice, not a police force with a knee jerk response to shoot black people.  I don't want to pay taxes that are used by politicians to square accounts with their corporate donors.

And will someone please tell me who fucked up my mail?  My Netflix dvd delivery is now 5 days later than Netflix tells me it will be here, and my medications from Canada are now weeks later than they were.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: SGOS on August 27, 2020, 07:22:30 AM
I'm convinced that this is the kind of thing that won Biden the nomination.  He says nice things but they don't translate into any meaningful outcome.  So voters say, "Biden is a better guy the Trump because he will do what's right," which is not an expectation of a meaningful outcome.  I want more than that.  What  does a president say he's going to do?  Does he do it?  And is it what I want him to do?  I don't find philosophical bullshit inspiring.  The proof is in the nuts and bolts. 

Politicians are not incentived to solve problems, the are incentivezed to win elections. When a politician gives specifics on complicated policies, he or she is inviting attacks by their adversaries.

I've daydreamed of a new system of democratic government that solves this incentive problem. Citizens would rank choice issues they want addressed, such as affordable healthcare, reducing unemployment, etc. A panel of experts for each issue would then set acheiveable, measurable goals. Different political parties would then list all their cabinet members and post a written proposal how they would meet those goals in a four-year term. Then voters would choose which team to install in office. If the poltical party doesn't meet all the goals by the end of term every member of the team is ineligible for re-election, they are all replaced. There would be no biparitsanship.

Quote from: SGOS on August 27, 2020, 07:22:30 AM
And will someone please tell me who fucked up my mail?  My Netflix dvd delivery is now 5 days later than Netflix tells me it will be here, and my medications from Canada are now weeks later than they were.

I'm having the same experience.

Cassia

Citizens would rank choice issues they want addressed, such as affordable healthcare, reducing unemployment, etc.
That would be ideal if extended to local government as well. Also need some sort of method to derive the list of issues that will be ranked.