News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on August 11, 2020, 06:12:51 PM
Yeah 'Pocahontas', as Trump calls her (for the dims) did better in the primaries. She would energize the Bernie supporters more perhaps.
That all depends on where she sits that day on universal healthcare.  Bernie supporters really liked Warren at the beginning, but her reputation as a firebrand slowly turned to one of machiavellian opportunism (with little payoff, I might add).  I'd rather have Harris at this point, imo.

QuoteThere is something seemingly 'executive' and sharp about Harris. I think 'seeming presidential' on TV is still a big deal and she has that.
Yeah, and that works.  Any functioning adult.  I'm serious about that, so I guess I'm ridin' with Biden.  Besides, any meaningful change isn't going to happen until The Orange Plague is out of office.

Cassia

The Orange Plague, LOL

You must be talking about Tangerine Idi Amin, The King of Maskholes, Agolf Twitler, The Potus Scrotus? 

Baruch

"JOE BIDEN PICKS GROSS POLICE STATE SHILL KAMALA HARRIS AS RUNNING MATE, SURPRISING NOBODY" ... but as VP she can't lock up innocent Black men.

Kamala Harris it is.  But Pocahontas didn't even win her own state primary ;-))

But until the faux D convention is over, it isn't clear that Biden will be the candidate.  Wait a few more days for confirmation.  The superdelegates could choose someone else, even Kamala Harris.  The faux R convention could choose their original choice, JEB Bush.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Jokes on you if you are one of The Doctor's companions.  Monsters on every planet, including Earth.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

When two of your neighbors have a flag outside saying:"TRUMP: NO MORE BULLSHIT", and one was recently a democrat.

Cassia

I would set the odds at 48 Biden / 52 Trump if the election was tomorrow. Sputnik saves the day, LOL

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on August 11, 2020, 08:38:12 PM
When two of your neighbors have a flag outside saying:"TRUMP: NO MORE BULLSHIT", and one was recently a democrat.

So your dead neighbor isn't voting Democrat again? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Bernie supporters, progressives trash Biden-Harris ticket: A 'middle finger' to the base" ... Marxists are like Blacks, Hispanics etc ... the Dems need you to vote for them, but they won't take care of your interests one day after the election.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

For some reason today I was thinking about Mondale / Ferraro.

I just can't seem to put my finger on why...
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on August 11, 2020, 09:53:40 PM
For some reason today I was thinking about Mondale / Ferraro.

I just can't seem to put my finger on why...

Bwahaha ... and maybe Ferraro was just as corrupt as people said ... and Mondale was as simp as other people said.  Too bad we don't have Reagan to kick these "wets" into the well of irrelevance.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Harris is the sensible choice.  In the position Biden is in right now, 'sensible' is the best thing to do.  Being from California doesn't really help in a close state, but it gives him a good chance to energize the Black vote.  Whether it reaches the levels Obama got, hard to predict, but it could be enough to solidify North Carolina and tick Georgia over into the D column.

Also, being the 'safe' pick demonstrates stability, especially in comparison to the Orange Chaos Beast.  'Safe' and 'stable' probably sound really good not just to the independent voters, but to wobbly Republicans who are sick of the nightmare carousel that's been the last four years.  It's going to be nearly impossible to hang the 'looney left' label on the Biden/Harris ticket.

I would have rather seen him tap, say, either of the two Black congresswomen from Ohio -- Marcia Fudge or Joyce Beatty -- in order to give the Buckeye State a shove in the blue direction, but neither of them have the national name recognition Harris does.  So, fair enough.

Also, I'm looking forward to her shredding Ayatollah Pence in their debate.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Jason Harvestdancer

I read somewhere that Biden's support among the "black vote" is all the way down to 75% (typically 90% for Democrats) while Trump's is up to 15% (typically 5% for Republicans).

I know some Democratic pollsters are sweating over that.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

SGOS

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on August 12, 2020, 07:21:06 AM
I read somewhere that Biden's support among the "black vote" is all the way down to 75% (typically 90% for Democrats) while Trump's is up to 15% (typically 5% for Republicans).

I know some Democratic pollsters are sweating over that.
I've always wondered how presidents pick running mates.  I'm sure they have their reasons, some of which may be strategic.  But in the end, they pick who they pick, and then it's up to us and the guys who write op-eds to invent the logic for why this was a good or bad choice.