News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

Opinion polls is a sample size of the population of how they will vote. People know this.

Politics isn't even about facts or truth, that's a category error on your part - but you use this as a rhetorical device, miserably.

trdsf

Interesting news item today -- Ohio's former governor, Republican John Kasich, is expected to speak in support of the convention nominee this fall.  At the Democratic convention.

Kasich is still popular here in Ohio -- hell, I disagree with him up and down the line, but even I have some respect for him.  If he makes it okay for conservative-leaning Independents and non-sociopathic Republicans to vote Democratic, that's very nearly game over.  It certainly should have an effect here in Ohio, which is juuuuuust starting to tilt bluewards anyway.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on July 20, 2020, 07:40:39 PM
Interesting news item today -- Ohio's former governor, Republican John Kasich, is expected to speak in support of the convention nominee this fall.  At the Democratic convention.

Kasich is still popular here in Ohio -- hell, I disagree with him up and down the line, but even I have some respect for him.  If he makes it okay for conservative-leaning Independents and non-sociopathic Republicans to vote Democratic, that's very nearly game over.
It'd be nice for the Republicans as well.  They don't have to go down with the ship and won't be marginalized as Trump loyalists certainly will be.  And truth be told, the Democrats' right-wing isn't all that far from the Republicans' left-wing, if they can make it over there.  From there, they can just portray themselves as centrists and cast Trump as an extremist, rogue element who took over their party and steered it away from its core values.  I dunno if I'd be very convinced by that, but I'm not the one they'd be trying to convince.

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 20, 2020, 07:52:49 PM
It'd be nice for the Republicans as well.  They don't have to go down with the ship and won't be marginalized as Trump loyalists certainly will be.  And the Democrats' right-wing isn't all that far from the Republicans' left-wing, if they can make it over there.  From there, they can just portray themselves as centrists and cast Trump as an extremist, rogue element who took over their party and steered it away from its core values.  I dunno if I'd be very convinced by that, but I'm not the one they'd be trying to convince.
I disagree with one thing here: Trump is not a rogue element, he's a distillation of what the main Republican party has become over the last 40 years: intolerant, racist, misogynistic, plutocratic, dishonest (even by politicians' standards), irresponsible and hypocritical.  The real tragedy is that it's taken this long for a minority of well-placed Republicans to even notice there's a problem in their ranks.  I mean, yes, glad that it's happening, but they've let the party go so far beyond the edge, I question whether it can be brought back without an actual schism breaking it into two parties.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on July 20, 2020, 08:02:24 PM
I disagree with one thing here: Trump is not a rogue element, he's a distillation of what the main Republican party has become over the last 40 years:
It almost makes me look back in nostalgia remembering William F Buckley.  But that was back in the day when I could actually make some sense out of the conservative agenda.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 20, 2020, 11:23:34 AM
Opinion polls is a sample size of the population of how they will vote. People know this.

Politics isn't even about facts or truth, that's a category error on your part - but you use this as a rhetorical device, miserably.

It is how the people are chosen, how the questions are phrased.  Back to Commie school for you, comrade ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on July 20, 2020, 08:14:40 PM
It almost makes me look back in nostalgia remembering William F Buckley.  But that was back in the day when I could actually make some sense out of the conservative agenda.

He expelled the John Birch folks from the Republican party.  He was Catholic.  And he used enough words you could always learn new vocabulary from him ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on July 20, 2020, 08:14:40 PM
I never thought I'd look back fondly (well, kind of fondly) at William F (fucking!) Buckley.  :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 20, 2020, 10:06:14 PM
I never thought I'd look back fondly (well, kind of fondly) at William F (fucking!) Buckley.  :)
Shit, I never thought I'd look back fondly on Richard M (motherfucker!) Nixon!

Baruch

"America’s “Days of Rage”: The Extensive Left-Wing Bombings & Domestic Terrorism of the 1970s" - Black Panthers, SLA etc.  BLM even has a Weathermen veteran on their board.

"Tucker Carlson Livid; Dismantles The New York Times Over Alleged Plan To Dox Him" - Dems should just go John Wiles Booth
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2020, 08:24:09 PM
It is how the people are chosen, how the questions are phrased.  Back to Commie school for you, comrade ;-)
Wtf are you talking about? If I ask the same question phrased differently a second time, you expect different answers?

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 21, 2020, 09:23:25 AM
Wtf are you talking about? If I ask the same question phrased differently a second time, you expect different answers?

It is unfair to shoot fish in a barrel.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"McDonald's employees in Detroit walk off job to cheers as part of national strike" … this used to be called a General Strike in communist lingo.  Let all the Dems who still work, go home.  There are plenty of honest non-Dems who need to take those jobs.  Then any unemployed need to be deported to Somalia … I mean Minneapolis.

"Red Bull Fires "Woke" Diversity Directors Who Tried To Push For BLM Support... corporations which have pandered to the Dem IRA … are realizing that this violent revolution might be fatal to their stock prices ..."there will be fewer jobs for communist college graduates in the future.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Civil War 2.0 Is Upon Us, Far Left Breaches Federal Court, Democrats REJECT Federal Jurisdiction"... arrest all Dem members of Congress, announce martial law … suspend all elections.  Put Dem Congressman next to Ms Maxwell, so they can get re-acquainted.

Send in the Army to occupy Portland.

O, I wish I was in the land of commies
Old times there are not forgotten
Look away! Look away!
Look away!  Oregon

Dems, once again, jump the shark as in 1860.

Durham shouldn't wait until after the election to reveal the indictments, if any.  We need to know who is in Jefferson Davis' cabinet in Richmond.

I wouldn't have chosen Trump to play Lincoln, or Biden to play Davis … but you go to war with what you got - Rumsfeld.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Helm_15_conspiracy_theories

https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/this-is-how-the-us-military-would-put-down-an-armed-rebellion
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Top Biden communications aide has history of sexist Twitter posts" … so much like his pussy grabbing boss

"Trump signs order to prevent illegal immigrants from being counted in redrawing of voting districts" … if illegal aliens aren't enfranchised, will there be any Dem voters?

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.