News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 08, 2020, 12:01:17 PM
Not only when one part describes themselves as the epitome of that humanity and the rest as the other, sweety.

The fact That relatively few people who live in 'better conditions' tend to think like that because of those conditions, doesn' t make those in 'worse conditions' smarter. Were the places reversed, I bet the same thoughts would be held by the others. And in fact, group think is prevalent throughout the globe.

Because in general people are stupid, selfish and in no way shape or form 'inherently good' or altruistic. All people. No matter where 'power' resides. Be it west, east, south or north.

We suck. We can deal with that. Or we can't.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on July 08, 2020, 12:00:14 PM
Dems gotta do what Dems gotta do.  How about civil war in Belgium?  Sound good?  No?

Sounds plausible. :( more than a few grenades have exploded in my city. Though they are suspected of being drug-related instead of politics.
Then again we are the epitome of artificialness when countries are concerned.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 08, 2020, 01:44:31 PM
Sounds plausible. :( more than a few grenades have exploded in my city. Though they are suspected of being drug-related instead of politics.
Then again we are the epitome of artificialness when countries are concerned.

We can hope it is only drug crime.  But when some political party lines up with the local criminal element, that creates a new problem.  Now you have both SJWs and killers working together.  Why were the French royals executed?  Because they were in conspiracy with foreign powers, to regain power.  That was a bad idea.  What if in 1788, the French Left wanted the Turks to invade France to help defeat the royalists?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 08, 2020, 01:39:52 PM
The fact That relatively few people who live in 'better conditions' tend to think like that because of those conditions, doesn' t make those in 'worse conditions' smarter. Were the places reversed, I bet the same thoughts would be held by the others. And in fact, group think is prevalent throughout the globe.

Because in general people are stupid, selfish and in no way shape or form 'inherently good' or altruistic. All people. No matter where 'power' resides. Be it west, east, south or north.

We suck. We can deal with that. Or we can't.

Yeah, the thing is the fact that the person who wrote his post and the person who liked it, are white heterosexual males talking about 'oh some people bad and stupid some or not'.

I've made a decision to act like a human in this forum, and I'm gonna stick to that as much as I can. But you are so fucking DUMB and CLUELESS about real life, sometimes I really have no idea how to act.

And this is not something I -or anyone- could explain in a post. 

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

You are full of yourself?  Nah, inconceivable! (you know who you are)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhXjcZdk5QQ

You people are just ... funny villains.  Smart enough to not start a land war in Asia, but not smart enough to avoid the poisoned chalice.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 08, 2020, 02:14:57 PM
Yeah, the thing is the fact that the person who wrote his post and the person who liked it, are white heterosexual males talking about 'oh some people bad and stupid some or not'.
Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 08, 2020, 12:01:17 PM
Not only when one part describes themselves as the epitome of that humanity and the rest as the other, sweety.

Alright then...

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

This post is dedicated to Jason Harvestdancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8scSwaKbE64

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 08, 2020, 05:25:10 PM
OK. If it is not please tell me.

No, thanks. I think it is fine. Wouldn't know what I could contribute to that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 08, 2020, 05:53:02 PM
No, thanks. I think it is fine. Wouldn't know what I could contribute to that.

NO, It's NOT FINE. And you perfectly know what you contribute to or not. Let me spell it for you: LGBT+

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 08, 2020, 06:03:34 PM
NO, It's NOT FINE. And you perfectly know what you contribute to or not. Let me spell it for you: LGBT+

Okay, now you're just plain starting to lose me. I'm talking about contributing to the conversation you and I are having. Not sure what exactly you are getting at here.

Edit: Just saw your three posts in "The Last Person to post wins Episode VIII". Guessing you being drunk might have something to do with this miscommunication?
No worries. Enjoy the buzz, will see your posts post drunkness.

trdsf

My electoral calculus is pretty straightforward -- the Democrats started off with the simple fact that nearly any of the candidates down to the third tier would be a better president than Trump has been.  I'd've been perfectly happy to vote for Sanders, Warren, Harris, Buttigieg -- the only ones that would have given me pause were Gabbard, Williamson and Bloomberg.  And I will be perfectly happy to vote for Biden this fall.  First choice?  No.  Better than the alternative?  By lightyears.  Simply repairing our relationship with the other Western democracies will be worth it.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on July 08, 2020, 02:25:52 PM
You are full of yourself?  Nah, inconceivable! (you know who you are)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhXjcZdk5QQ

You people are just ... funny villains.  Smart enough to not start a land war in Asia, but not smart enough to avoid the poisoned chalice.

You've chosen your poison?

Anyways progress has intermediary steps, in most cases, much like trying to jump up a wall, when you can use the fucking stairs to get up. Get Trump out of the White House.

Baruch

Get all politicians out of Washington.  Return to Crown Colony status with King George III, Huzzah!

"TRUMP FINALLY DEPLOYS FEDS TO CRUSH CRIME SURGE, NEW POLLS SHOWS BLM RIOTS LEAD TO TRUMP LANDSLIDE" .. Federal cops, not National Guard.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on July 08, 2020, 07:12:58 PM
My electoral calculus is pretty straightforward -- the Democrats started off with the simple fact that nearly any of the candidates down to the third tier would be a better president than Trump has been.
Mine isn't so much calculus as it is basic math.  While this primary process didn't go how I wanted (I didn't want petroleum flakes) and was kinda sketchy besides, I can't deny that Biden's a lot better than the alternative and perhaps some good can come out of it.