News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 08, 2020, 10:24:18 AM

After all, you westerners are generally, really, really stupid in the end.

That can be extended to all of humanity. IMHO.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Sal1981

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 08, 2020, 11:03:25 AM

Meanwhile trying to make sense of the chaos.

Baruch

See, we can't all be Central Asian horsemen with compound bows and big mustaches ;-)  Of course the Han Chinese (thru the Mulan cartoon) would tell you that those kinds of people are "problematic".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 08, 2020, 04:06:30 AM
In my opinion, the United States of America is the only country where people could actually collapse a system to build a new one. Actually, this is the second round of THE attempt to change this system which was already started in the past. But it is not a sprint, it's a marathon. You have passed the half mark. It is not just hard protesting either. You need to unite against the right nutters in every part of life from daily life to professional. You could do it actually.

This is not just about politics or elections. All groups against need to meet on a common denominator and stand up for each other. Learn to say NO to every kind of provocation. Boycotts of protests of all kinds. 

If people learned to say no to be manipulated, resisted to be triggered, stop watching/listening any kind of propaganda and unite even without lifting a finger, every politician, party, state size corporate around the world would shit themselves right there and then and we would have smelled it from where we sit. LOL

What a dream...pffft

You are such an idealist.  And think that the US is special, just like R or D politicians.  Who knew?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 08, 2020, 06:28:08 AM
Might want to step it up to actual domestic terrorism.
Honestly, if those are your means, you'll practically need a full fledged civil war.

Dems gotta do what Dems gotta do.  How about civil war in Belgium?  Sound good?  No?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Not only when one part describes themselves as the epitome of that humanity and the rest as the other, sweety.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

That's neither the intention, nor the means but the eventual end if forced for survival.

Not just talking about the States. It's good advice to everyone who thinks they're untouchable about not to get too comfortable with the popcorn and the feeling of fake safety.

In the end, all individuals fail at survival.  Just ask my parents et al.  Whether this "quantum meme" of culture continues rolling along is secondary, but is everything to collectivists.  That and the "salt boy" wants to control the ocean.  From time to time, in spite of people trying to understand it or to prevent it or to start it or control it ... major "solitary waves" happen.  And famous people, who didn't create the big wave, but who surf the wave, get to act like they are in charge, not Chaos (oldest Greek god).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 08, 2020, 11:32:04 AM

Meanwhile trying to make sense of the chaos.

Sounds impossible to me.  Isn't that a self contradictory sentence?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on July 08, 2020, 11:59:21 AM
You are such an idealist.  And think that the US is special, just like R or D politicians.  Who knew?

And you are such a moron but I don't slap it with you. No, I don't think the US is special, I just know it is a concept -like too much people on earth- more than a country and trying to describe you some bits you can't see. I wish you would listen. At least a bit. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 08, 2020, 12:01:17 PM
Not only when one part describes themselves as the epitome of that humanity and the rest as the other, sweety.

Everyone is part of their own master race, population of one.  Whether they group into larger groups is guaranteed, because it is survival, just as you say.  A game we all lose eventually.  Think of the world as "Ship of Fools" all fighting for the non-functional life boats, while much more divided than into crew vs passengers but men vs women & children.  Mortality is hard to think about individually, let alone collectively.  Tribes rise and fall, but the individuals in every tribe are doomed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 08, 2020, 12:05:46 PM
And you are such a moron but I don't slap it to you. No, I don't think the US is special, I just know it is a concept -like too much people on earth- more than a country and trying to describe you some bits you can't see. I wish you would listen. At least a bit.

So you don't think we are special as people, but possess a political "secret sauce" that can be implemented by any ethnic group or mix of ethnic groups?  Vladimir Putin and Emperor Xi beg to differ.

You think, I think, that America is special, other than I happen to live here?  If I were born in Germany, and an adult in Nazi times, I should support the Third Reich ... same with any other country or time.

Yes, there are too many people, but who says?  If people are devalued (as I often argue) then population should be reduced, to reduce liability.  If people are valued, then more people is an asset.  Nauru vs China?  Of course, it is hard to understand another, but we try.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on July 08, 2020, 12:04:45 PM
Sounds impossible to me.  Isn't that a self contradictory sentence?
I admit "trying" is doing the heavy lifting in that sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 08, 2020, 12:13:52 PM
I admit "trying" is doing the heavy lifting in that sentence.

Would you believe ... trying to make sense of a civil war/world war?  That isn't chaos, that is deliberate.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on July 08, 2020, 12:22:40 PM
Would you believe ... trying to make sense of a civil war/world war?  That isn't chaos, that is deliberate.
I could probably trace the underpinnings for a civil war or a world war and understand it.

My point was more of a less-than-salient attempt at a point about the senselessness and indecipherability  of reality. I'm not as optimistic as physicists - or what have you - attempting to explain it, or that any oné person can hold all this shit in their head simultaneously. We specialize for a pretty damn good reason.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 08, 2020, 12:32:58 PM
I could probably trace the underpinnings for a civil war or a world war and understand it.

My point was more of a less-than-salient attempt at a point about the senselessness and indecipherability  of reality. I'm not as optimistic as physicists - or what have you - attempting to explain it, or that any oné person can hold all this shit in their head simultaneously. We specialize for a pretty damn good reason.

This is why people make up ideologies.  We put together a pet system of meaning, and then force fit events to it.  Revisionism isn't just for historians.  The meaning of current events is clear, if you are a Marxist or a Capitalist.  Centrists on the other hand ...

The US is in the final throws of inevitable change that will result in national communism - if you are a Stalinist
The US and the rest of the world is in the final throws of inevitable change that will result in international communism - if you are a Trot.
The US is a hegemon with many competitors, let free competition happen so that the market can decide - if you are a US capitalist.
France is the political and cultural capital of humanity - Jacobins in Paris shortly before the guillotine terminated them

“They think they will come to power.  That will never happen of course.  They will be lined up against the wall and shot.” - Yuri Bezmenov talking about the “useful idiots”.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.