News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Libertarians end up giving all the power to corporate boards who are sworn to maximize shareholder profit..what could possibly go wrong?

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Cassia on January 08, 2021, 05:57:44 PM
Libertarians end up giving all the power to corporate boards who are sworn to maximize shareholder profit..what could possibly go wrong?

White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Cassia

Yeah, I really feel so sorry for Musk, Bezos, Jack Ma... they can't get permission to make any money. The government is a just side show. Ah fuck I grabbed about $32K last year just on their stocks.

Unbeliever

Yeah, while they grabbed $tens of billions$. Poor Bezos, he's been supplanted as world's richest guy. Must be God's wrath...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Jason Harvestdancer

You don't see any connection between government policy and the increase in their wealth?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Shiranu

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 08, 2021, 06:07:04 PM

Spoiler alert; the people with the guns and money are always going to have a boot on your throat. If it's not a government of the people, it's a government of the aristocracy that will do so... and I rather it be my peers, who I have at least some influence over.

Libertarian is just a reverse communism, both are stupidly idealistic; the communist believes power can be spread evenly and everything will be fine, the libertarian believes the power can just magically dissapear into thin air and no one will abuse it. La-la land stuff.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

I, too, often vote third party. Specifically the Green Party. Donald Trump convinced me to vote Democrat this year.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

drunkenshoe

You don't understand how evidence works, Jason. The third party you vote for is not some evidence for your opinion's 'objectivity' between the ones you refuse to vote for. Not to mention, neither your party nor your opinion can exist out of the present categories -or even other parties- in the US. Naturally, you do fall back to the obvious category every time you comment. People here do agree on rough basics but we all disagree on many other things. We are all cats. There are no dogs among atheists. But it is safe to say most people do see where you come from. It's pretty clear. You are not some misunderstood voice. So enough with the victimhood of 'side play'. Nobody cares about how sideless and worthy you think your own position is. Or how this and that I think mine is.

You compare two completely different events with each other as if they occurred under the same conditions, or by the same cause and effect then use it as some sort of a stepping stone for some weird self promotion. It almost sounds like you are subjecting some home cooked definitions (I actually want to say 'metaphors', in your case,lol) in your head to Occam's razor. Those events are NOT the different sides of the same coin. This is the whole point, it's the hundred year old bullshit right wingers have been playing, pushing on. Just the way you see these events, how you buy into this is enough to get yours.

I really do think you posted the thread thinking about this too. I didn't think that before today. Because a third party; 'you have sides but look, I don't' thread wouldn't get a page.

What's your minority? Honest question. You understand that while race is a political construct, its consequences are attached to physical traits and realities, right? Also do you honestly think, anyone here hold the delusion of racist=white equation or give a damn who thinks what about who should they call racist?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Trumpling rioter Derrick Evans has been officially charged

QuoteEvans, R-Wayne, livestreamed and then deleted videos from inside the Capitol, but others took screenshots and videos of his original.

An affidavit from FBI agent David DiMarco indicates the investigator relied heavily on the copy of Evans’ own video, comparing the voice to the voice in Evans’ videos promoting his campaign for state office. The agent also relied on Evans’ enthusiastic identification of himself.

drunkenshoe

Hydra009

FBI search homes of former Tennessee House Speaker Glen Casada and Representative Robin Smith

The exact nature of the investigation has yet to be disclosed, but given Casada's *ahem* colorful history, it's probably unrelated to Treasonfest:

QuoteCasada resigned from the top leadership post in 2019 after revelations he exchanged sexually explicit text messages about women with his former chief of staff years ago. He was reelected to the state House last November, WTVF-TV reports.

QuoteOther controversies involving Casada included an aide's cocaine use at a legislative office years ago and allegations of doctoring emails to frame a young Black activist â€" which Casada and the aide both denied.

There were also claims of vote-buying attempts on a key education voucher bill, which he has firmly denied.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 08, 2021, 08:24:17 PM
Trumpling rioter Derrick Evans has been officially charged

A member of Antifa pretended to be a Republican so they could be elected to the West Virginia House of Delegates just so they could have him invade the government building and make Republicans look bad? Wow, Antifa's really playing the long game here, aren't they? After that, they deserve to steal the election.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 08, 2021, 07:31:01 PM
I, too, often vote third party. Specifically the Green Party. Donald Trump convinced me to vote Democrat this year.
I am not wedded to the dems.  In fact, I regard them as the party of the coward--they simply fold whenever a repub yells at them.  Oh, they make noises, but they seldom follow through or with any kind of strength.  I'm sick of them!  Repubs are the typical bully, and a bully that will find nothing too slimy or beneath their actions.  I am beyond sick of them--they have no ethics nor morals or standards of conduct.  Libertarians (like either Paul's) are repub-like in that they seem to have no morals nor ethics.  Rand Paul is just as crazy and unethical as trump.  I would heartily embrace a third party.  I vote in each election for whoever I think will do the least harm.  I have given up hope of ever voting for somebody not against somebody.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

I have seen more criticism of Biden by those who voted for him than I have seen criticisms of Trump by any non-Leftist here. And it's not because Trump is such a wonderful President, that's for sure.

Also, in case anyone was doubting that the Antifa conspiracy was bullshit: https://www.factcheck.org/2021/01/bogus-antifa-claims-follow-capitol-riot/?fbclid=IwAR1NxIxG38wztINEKaxHp6a8WRyA8QFgqhra7MiKObI-ZCo9sTORdY_li-Q

Of course, no Right-leaning person will pay any attention to this, because there is no greater enemy to the Right than facts. And any source that debunks their baseless conspiracy theories must be secretly biased toward the Left. Let's just ignore all their sources, including the company whose facial recognition technology was supposedly used to identify members of Antifa at the riot, who issued a cease and desist on the Washington Post and demanded an apology for spreading misinformation regarding their involvement. Let's ignore that we could easily Google the names of these people at the riot and identify them unambiguously as Conservatives and QAnon conspiracy theorists.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--