News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

There is an ongoing conversation among mental health professionals whether it is appropriate to publically discuss the mental health of world leaders. If you've ever had a relationship with someone with a narcissist personality, Trump's behavior is unsurprising. You are correct that when people are under stress personality traits often become more extreme-- paranoid people become more paranoid, dependent people become more dependent.

SGOS

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 08, 2021, 08:53:14 AM
You are correct that when people are under stress personality traits often become more extreme-- paranoid people become more paranoid, dependent people become more dependent.
That stress phenomenon has actually been demonstrated and observed.  It's been explained that stress tends to interfere with creative problem solving.  Instead of finding new ways to deal with frustrations, animals revert to previous responses when under duress.  And then they use those responses even when they no longer work. There's a saying often quoted at AA meetings, "The definition of insanity is doing what you always did while expecting different results."  But this bumper sticker wisdom goes way beyond the drinking response of the alcoholic. It's part of human nature, and some humans can't see it and can't make the necessary corrections when it happens.

Consider Trump who ran his own company, thrust into the political environment, where everyone's concerns come into play.  It's a new and perplexing situation, where the old solutions no longer apply.  Inappropriate behavior becomes more an more apparent, and personality disintegration begins.  What people observe is a person who is "losing it."

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 06, 2021, 08:55:58 PM
Apparently, you have to downplay the hundreds of people invading the White House in an attempt to stop an election they lost so you can make it seem like less of a big deal than black people getting tired of being assaulted and murdered by the police. You know, those protests where the police proved them right by blatantly assaulting protesters on national TV? You don't have an ounce of credibility. Despite claiming to be an outsider looking in, you're the most biased among us.

Not the White House.  The Capital Building.  Where congress is, not the president.

It is pretty obvious that the country is full of hypocrites right now.

People that ignored or sometimes encouraged riots and called them "peaceful protests" now hate them

People that loved law and order and "back the blue" encouraged storming the U.S. Capitol.

I could spend time coming up with a multitude of examples from last summer, but it wouldn't really be worth it.  We all know what I'm talking about and it involves lots of fire.

Since I'm not picking a side, I'm the most biased among us.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 08, 2021, 12:18:55 PM

You and your president are masters of bullshit and can't tell a lie from the truth.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 08, 2021, 12:18:55 PM

You are so full of shit, Jason. Oof. But then you were always like this. I remember you going around with the exact same bullshit on protests, elections, voting before. Worst part is your 'Switzerland' posing. If not for that, one might stop and think if you are dumb or deliberate, but you leave no doubt about that.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 08, 2021, 12:35:38 PM
You and your president are masters of bullshit and can't tell a lie from the truth.

Johnson was not elected president in 2016, and Jorgensen was not elected president in 2020.

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 08, 2021, 12:44:48 PM
You are so full of shit, Jason. Oof. But then you were always like this. I remember you going around with the exact same bullshit on protests, elections, voting before. Worst part is your 'Switzerland' posing. If not for that, one might stop and think if you are dumb or deliberate, but you leave no doubt about that.

As I have consistently voted third party in the general election, one might think perhaps maybe the evidence points to me not supporting any of the major parties.

Try evidence next time.  It works wonders.

Oh, but if I point out hypocrisy on your "side", it means I'm on the other "side", even when I'm also pointing out their hypocrisy at the same time.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 08, 2021, 01:10:13 PMAs I have consistently voted third party in the general election, one might think perhaps maybe the evidence points to me not supporting any of the major parties.

My dad votes Libertarian too, but he's just as much of a Trump apologist as you. You act like third parties are somehow separate from the political spectrum of Left and Right, but Libertarians are obviously on the Right. The biggest difference between the two is where they stand on authoritarianism, where Libertarians want as little government intervention as possible.

You've shown your hypocrisy here many times, underplaying the actions of those of the Right while demonizing those on the Left. You claim that those on the Left riot in the streets, while those on the Right protest in the voting booth, and have failed to admit being wrong in the face of this obvious example. You claim that Leftists are the true racists, only pretending to care about minorities, while those on the Right genuinely care about equality. You think that the virus that has killed thousands of people is being overplayed for political gain. I mean, Jesus fucking Christ, you'd fit right in as a Fox News host with Tucker Carlson. I wouldn't be surprised if you believed the conspiracy theory about the recent raid on the capital actually being Antifa in disguise.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

I have a "libertarian" uncle who is far right-wing as well.  Seems to be a common refuge for extremely partisan people to pose as unpartisan straight-shooters.  Someone arguing in bad faith is much easier to spot than the people doing it think it is.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 08, 2021, 01:10:13 PM
As I have consistently voted third party in the general election, one might think perhaps maybe the evidence points to me not supporting any of the major parties.

It doesn't mean shit. It is not an evidence for anything. It's not evidence to begin with.

QuoteTry evidence next time.  It works wonders.

Really? What is evidence here, Jason? And what are you going to do with any evidence, Jason? You keep coming to a specific thread to repeat that protests/riots in the summer, the outrage of people scared to death in face of a broken social contract is the same thing with a domestic terrorist attack on the Capitol building, created by the fucking president, to stop elected officials from doing their job, burn votes, 'cancel' a legitimate election to keep the president in its chair. What are you going to do what with what evidence, relating to that Jason? What is the evidence here, Jason? 

This has a name, Jason. It's a fucking coup attempt to stop the democratic process of election, Jason. It doesn't change when it happens in the US, instead of some Middle Eastern or African country, Jason. It's the same fucking thing everywhere, Jason. It's the short cut to dictatorship, Jason. You are living in a La La Land, Jason.

QuoteOh, but if I point out hypocrisy on your "side", it means I'm on the other "side", even when I'm also pointing out their hypocrisy at the same time.

I don't care about your side. I don't even think you are a hypocrite. I think you are racist piece of shit. And I believe I told you this before in a very similar conversation.

Now, I wonder if you posted the thread just for this bullshit, knowing the general tendency in the forum. Yeah, I think that's why you posted it.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 08, 2021, 01:57:59 PM
I have a "libertarian" uncle who is far right-wing as well.  Seems to be a common refuge for extremely partisan people to pose as unpartisan straight-shooters.  Someone arguing in bad faith is much easier to spot than the people doing it think it is.

It also seems common in my experience that the people who scream the loudest about being "non-biased", "neutral", "I don't taking sides" are the ones who are the most partisan.

If you really were, you wouldn't have to announce it to the world every time you open your mouth.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 08, 2021, 01:27:20 PMMy dad votes Libertarian too, but he's just as much of a Trump apologist as you.

You mean he's not one?  Good.

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 08, 2021, 01:27:20 PMYou act like third parties are somehow separate from the political spectrum of Left and Right, but Libertarians are obviously on the Right.

From a left point of view.  OTOH, those on the right say we are obviously on the left.

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 08, 2021, 01:27:20 PMThe biggest difference between the two is where they stand on authoritarianism, where Libertarians want as little government intervention as possible.

Yes.  Do you realize just how big a difference that really is?  Democrats and Republicans want authoritarianism where Libertarians want as little government as possible.

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 08, 2021, 01:27:20 PMYou've shown your hypocrisy here many times, underplaying the actions of those of the Right while demonizing those on the Left.

Every time I say "look how they're the same" I am accused of defending one side and attacking the other.

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 08, 2021, 01:27:20 PMYou claim that Leftists are the true racists, only pretending to care about minorities, while those on the Right genuinely care about equality.

I do claim the left is racist, I don't claim the right isn't.  That's from my personal experience.  The difference is left racism is more subtle.  Usually, not always.

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 08, 2021, 02:19:23 PMIt doesn't mean shit. It is not an evidence for anything. It's not evidence to begin with.

Voting third party isn't evidence of not supporting a major party.  Uh-huh.  And a square is also a circle no doubt.

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 08, 2021, 02:19:23 PMReally? What is evidence here, Jason? And what are you going to do with any evidence, Jason? You keep coming to a specific thread to repeat that protests/riots in the summer

Actually, I am comparing those protests to these protests so that I can honestly and forthrightly say "people who supported one of them don't support the other."  Which is completely true.  You support one and not the other, and the opposite side your same coin supports the other and not the one.  And when I look at the coin and say "that coin has two sides" you accuse me of saying I'm part of the other side of that coin.

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 08, 2021, 02:19:23 PMThis has a name, Jason. It's a fucking coup attempt to stop the democratic process of election, Jason. It doesn't change when it happens in the US, instead of some Middle Eastern or African country, Jason. It's the same fucking thing everywhere, Jason. It's the short cut to dictatorship, Jason. You are living in a La La Land, Jason.

The cold civil war has been going on for a few years now, it is only now heating up.  But you've been too busy looking on it as "just two sides only two sides don't you dare say there is another perspective" to notice.

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 08, 2021, 02:19:23 PMI think you are racist piece of shit. And I believe I told you this before in a very similar conversation.

Hey, do you know what your progressive buddies say of people who call minorities "racist"?

Unless you are saying "minorities must think X, all of them as a group, and not deviate from group thought in any way" and are saying to yourself "he deviates so I no longer consider him a minority."

I bow to the master who tells me what my beliefs must be due to my DNA.  You have decreed I must have no independent thought or free will and must obey.

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 08, 2021, 02:19:23 PMNow, I wonder if you posted the thread just for this bullshit, knowing the general tendency in the forum. Yeah, I think that's why you posted it.

If it makes you feel good about yourself to believe that, but you definitely didn't think that.

drunkenshoe

Jason, what do you think about taxation and common law? I'm seriously asking. I want to know what you think.

Do you think we should pay taxes and be subjected to a common law?

Jason Harvestdancer

Jason Harvestdancer

If you're trying to ask if I'm a Sovereign Citizen, the answer is a resounding "No".