Russia Bounties on Coalition Forces in Afghanistan

Started by Shiranu, June 26, 2020, 08:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on July 03, 2020, 09:44:36 PM
Unnamed sources inside the intelligence community?  Uh-huh.

This is the (hopefully) last gasp of the ridiculous Russia conspiracy theory.
What is truly ridiculous with the Russia conspiracy hypothesis, is that the traitorous orange lump has been allowed to continue his traitorous acts.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on July 03, 2020, 09:44:36 PMUnnamed sources inside the intelligence community?  Uh-huh.
Hmmm...why might an active member of the intelligence community might not want his/her name in the newspaper?  That's a real stumper right there.

QuoteThis is the (hopefully) last gasp of the ridiculous Russia conspiracy theory.
Weird how you and Trump phrase it so similarly.  Personally, if he says it's fake news, that's all the more reason to investigate it fully and make sure.  The guy is such a notorious liar that he'd probably say that vaccines cause autism or that climate change is a hoax invented by the Chinese or that he won the popular vote.

Apparently, it's substantial enough that both parties in Congress were briefed about it behind closed doors.  They came away with...varied...interpretations.

And besides, since when have you disliked conspiracy theories?

Hydra009

Evidentially, bringing up Russia to Trump in any official capacity throws the Orange Blunder into a bit of tizzy.  Very strange behavior for such a virtuous patriot who couldn't possibly be in any way beholden to Putin.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 03, 2020, 11:35:21 PM
Evidentially, bringing up Russia to Trump in any official capacity throws the Orange Blunder into a bit of tizzy.  Very strange behavior for such a virtuous patriot who couldn't possibly be in any way beholden to Putin.

Or any Dem beholden to CCP .. Hunter Biden, 1.5 billion dollar deal, in China?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on July 03, 2020, 09:44:36 PM
Unnamed sources inside the intelligence community?  Uh-huh.

This is the (hopefully) last gasp of the ridiculous Russia conspiracy theory.

CIA of old, just assassinated any President who got in their way, or Watergated them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 03, 2020, 11:26:06 PM
Weird how you and Trump phrase it so similarly.

There are only so many ways to phrase "I don't believe it".  Any two people who don't believe it will "phrase it so similarly".
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Shiranu

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on July 04, 2020, 08:12:34 AM
There are only so many ways to phrase "I don't believe it".  Any two people who don't believe it will "phrase it so similarly".

What exactly is far-fetched about a hostile foreign nation taking steps to destabilize our democracy or place bounty on our troops, particularly when we know they do it in other Western nations?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Shiranu on July 04, 2020, 09:41:49 AM
What exactly is far-fetched about a hostile foreign nation taking steps to destabilize our democracy or place bounty on our troops, particularly when we know they do it in other Western nations?

It is theoretically possible.

OTOH, there has been so much credibility lost in the repeated failures of "muh russia" that there is now a higher bar than "an unnamed guy said it."  For an example on credibility, if Kent Hovind were to tell me the sky is blue I would have to go out and check.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 04, 2020, 09:41:49 AM

We do much worse than that.  Remember the 500,000 children in Iraq who died under Clinton?  But the point is, unless Trump is John Wayne (oh, the guy the Californicators want to de-person) he should resign or something.  At least he hasn't killed 500,000 children in Iraq.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on July 04, 2020, 10:26:44 AM
It is theoretically possible.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Links_between_Trump_associates_and_Russian_officials

It might be a little bit more than theoretically possible.  Imo, it's pretty obvious that you are underselling this for purely partisan reasons.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 04, 2020, 01:32:04 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Links_between_Trump_associates_and_Russian_officials

It might be a little bit more than theoretically possible.  Imo, it's pretty obvious that you are unselling this for purely partisan reasons.

He did business with Russians.  As a businessman.  Are all businessmen Russian spies?  Have you bought anything at Walmart?  Are you a Chinese spy?  I think anyone who did business with Germany since 1945 is a Nazi ;-)  Biden did business with Ukrainian oligarchs, successfully suborned Ukrainian officials, used his son to take bribes from Burisma.  Does that mean that Biden is a Ukrainian secret agent?

Obama wasn't a businessman.  But that doesn't mean he didn't take bribes from foreign governments (Biden was his VP, Obama made a color revolution in Ukraine, made Biden the American vice-roy of the Ukraine).  What was Biden's qualification to be the American vice-roy in the Ukraine?  How come so many politicians end up with a lot more money than just their political salaries would allow?  When you do that, in the Intel world, you are suspected of treason.  This is why criminals use money laundering (Hunter Biden money laundered thru banks in Estonia).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Oh yes, Baruch.  Every single person who ever met a Russian at any time in their life is a Russian agent and proof of the Muh Russia conspiracy theory.

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on July 04, 2020, 03:33:57 PM
Oh yes, Baruch.  Every single person who ever met a Russian at any time in their life is a Russian agent and proof of the Muh Russia conspiracy theory.

In HS, I took Russian for 4 years.  I am a card carrying Stalinist ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

I went to college with some Russian exchange students back in the 90's.  I had a bit of a crush on one of them.  I'm practically a KGB agent.

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on July 04, 2020, 05:40:57 PM
I went to college with some Russian exchange students back in the 90's.  I had a bit of a crush on one of them.  I'm practically a KGB agent.

Exchanging cooties with a Russian girl?  Part of their germ warfare program, you monster! ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.