News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Biology

Started by Solitary, June 25, 2013, 10:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

:evil:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

surly74

any sciences are good because to me it's less about the field and more about the process. Applying criticial thinking to anything you do. Biology at the HS level is just aquiring those examination skills. religious people are just fucked.

it's like when HS'ers bitch about having to write essays. it's about learning to form arguments and back them up and less so about the topic.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Plu

When I completed high school at the highest possible level (6 year "preperation for university" level class) I left school thinking "Now I know just enough to make basic sense of the world."

I also assumed most other people, especially those a decade my senior, would have the same basic grasp of how the world works.

My faith in humanity has been dropping ever since. Most people aren't able to scratch the surface of what I was taught in and have retained from high school. And I don't consider myself knowledgable enough in the slightest to really have an opinion of most things.

To be perfectly fair, while I think that learning biology and all of the sciences and everything in school is a good idea, what I'd really love to see is a class on "how to spot someone who isn't an ignorant fuck like you are and actually knows what he's talking about, and who you should probably listen to when he speaks on his subject of knowledge, you ignorant twat."

Solitary

QuoteAnd I don't consider myself knowledgable enough in the slightest to really have an opinion of most things.

QuoteTo be perfectly fair, while I think that learning biology and all of the sciences and everything in school is a good idea, what I'd really love to see is a class on "how to spot someone who isn't an ignorant fuck like you are and actually knows what he's talking about, and who you should probably listen to when he speaks on his subject of knowledge, you ignorant twat."

:rollin:  Is that not an opinion, or am I missing something?  :lol:  Solitary

Plu

I said I didn't consider myself knowledgable enough to have an opinion on most things, but I know "fucking stupid" and I certainly have an opinion on it. It's a plague on society.

(Even though I usually consider the opinion of other, more knowledgable people more valuable than my own, which apparently is a rare trait or something.)

Solitary

Show me what was stupid to you with regards to what I wrote about biology! Solitary

Plu

Sorry man! I wasn't referring to you when I said that.

I was more talking about people in general. You see it all the time, people who haven't the first clue about what they're talking about but think that somehow they can have an opinion and that should be just as valuable as an actual informed opinion. (Many of them, obviously, religious.)

There's nothing really wrong with your post, it's actually a good post. My response was mostly a half-on-topic rant that wanted to get out. It wasn't directed at you in any way :(

Solitary

:-D  I'm so glad you aren't a lul, a mongool, or a sukkle.  =D>  I'm aware how things over the internet can be taken the wrong way, like sarcasm is sometimes taken the wrong way.  #-o  Solitary the leeghoofd.  :lol: