News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Summer, Welcome...

Started by SoldierofFortune, May 31, 2020, 08:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

We have welcome summer about 3 hours ago, in Turkland.

Summer 2020 will be mine... for betterment. in some ways.

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on May 31, 2020, 08:12:35 PM
We have welcome summer about 3 hours ago, in Turkland.

Summer 2020 will be mine... for betterment. in some ways.

If you are taking care of yourself, of your "business" as I suggested, then things will only get better for you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

It's freaking 19 C outside, raining. Even summer postponed itself.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 01, 2020, 07:59:05 AM
It's freaking 19 C outside, raining. Even summer postponed itself.

I thought you liked the storm you had?  That brings clouds and winds.  A hot storm is bad (nuke).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on June 01, 2020, 08:09:01 AM
I thought you liked the storm you had?  That brings clouds and winds.  A hot storm is bad (nuke).

I do. I love storms. Good weather to drink wine. In about a couple of weeks, it will be pain to drink wine here. Too hot.

I was reacting to 'welcoming the Summer in turkland' comment, lol.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

I love Spring.  The deciduous trees on my property leaf out hiding the clearcuts on the nearby hillsides.  But then everyone loves the spring, right?  Except for the 45 years I lived in Western Montana.  It was beautiful country, but not so much in the Spring.  There was some good things about it, and there was a vague sense of things coming to life.  But I was there to hike, and everything turned to mud in the spring, at least at low elevations.  It may be 75 degrees outside, but the roads to the trailheads were buried in deep soggy snow that were impassible until Mid June.  When I could finally make it to a trailhead, I could hike up to a lake on the early morning snow and see a lake still covered in ice and if I was lucky, I could find a dry rock to sit on.  On the way out, the afternoon sun would turn the snow into a soggy mush so that with every fourth step, I would break through and plunge my leg into snow up to my crotch.  I love to hike, but I don't like spending 30 seconds climbing out of a hole in the snow with every fourth step.  Finally, the trails would dry out by the 4th of July, and I could cruise.  Sometimes I've gotten caught in snowstorms in July, which were rare, but at least the snow by then is just a new covering on the ground, and I could still make it out in good time.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 01, 2020, 08:24:25 AM
I do. I love storms. Good weather to drink wine. In about a couple of weeks, it will be pain to drink wine here. Too hot.

I was reacting to 'welcoming the Summer in turkland' comment, lol.

British don't drink beer cold.  Why not sangria over ice?

Old man temperature sensitivity ... the number of days in Spring and Fall I like outside get fewer and fewer ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.