George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on June 28, 2020, 07:40:32 PM
Much of the pro-life crowd is also pro-death penalty.  Basically, life is sacred only up until you're born, then fuck you.

Life isn't sacred to atheists, because there is nothing sacred.  Have you killed germs and viruses today?  Have you eaten parts of plants and animals?  Monsters, all of you!  Life is sacred ... (smoke coming out of brainiac due to contradictions).

Technically, vigilantism (of Left or Right) is unnecessary in a civilized society.  Government works and law enforcement does its job (they reserve all violence to lawful legal action).  Alas, there is no such thing as a civilized society.  That is why, even if I am only armed with a spork, I can deal with any sociopath that the government fails to deal with.  Not that I want to be in that situation.  But I am perfectly willing to kill if necessary, and won't cry a tear for the sociopath who gets too close to my business.  I see no point in having elections to choose which sociopathic faction should monopolize violence.

Political theory about rights and privileges are just so much autistic brain turds.  Either you live or you die.  Chose wisely.  Don't expect anyone to help you, because people are the problem, not the solution.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Charting The $1.7B Transfer Of Military Equipment To Police Departments" ... Thanks Obama/Trump.  This was not a good idea.

"Modern slavery earns criminal networks an estimated $150 billion a year, just slightly less than drug smuggling and weapons trafficking..." ... funny how Americans talk about past human trafficking but not about current human trafficking ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on June 29, 2020, 09:05:29 AM
"Modern slavery earns criminal networks an estimated $150 billion a year, just slightly less than drug smuggling and weapons trafficking..." ... funny how Americans talk about past human trafficking but not about current human trafficking ...

Coincidentally, my hospital just had our annual system-wide training including a module on identifying and reporting human trafficking. North Carolina is sixth in the nation for human trafficking reports. Part of the reason NC is number six is an increase in self-reporting and public awareness from informational campaigns such as https://www.projectnorest.org/.

BTW, this is a moving article on a personal story of modern slavery: My Family's Slave - She lived with us for 56 years. She raised me and my siblings without pay. I was 11, a typical American kid, before I realized who she was.

Baruch

Yep, we got that training on human trafficking and much else, in our military clinic, every year.  The concern for them was deployed military get involved in crime overseas.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 29, 2020, 02:42:27 PM
White couple aims guns at peaceful protestors

I can't believe it's not domestic terrorism.

I think it was the mayor's house, he and his wife were home, both lawyers.  If they were Black, then BLM ... just kill all the rich, you dirty commies ;-(  500 crowd of BLM Democrat Brown Shirts.  If Democrats do it, it is just election politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 29, 2020, 02:42:27 PM
White couple aims guns at peaceful protestors

I can't believe it's not domestic terrorism.

Brandishing a firearm is illegal. You would think gun owners, especially lawyers, would be aware of this law.

https://youtu.be/Y2ekC4ocCn4

Blackleaf

I've seen a trend on Facebook recently. The question of "should the KKK be classified as a terrorist group" comes up, and inevitably, someone in the comments says, "Only if Anti-Fa are also classified as terrorists!" Dude, why are you defending the KKK? Is it because you realize you're on the same side? If not, what do you have to gain by protecting them?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cassia

My racism is contextual. Worked in a career with a diverse team. "Awesome". Social situations; "the more diverse, the better". See a young black guy casually walking down my white rural street. "Hmmm WTF is he up to?". It is not an excuse but our brains are wired to make fast situational assessments. We connect dots that should not be connected. I can do better than that. people deserve better than that.

Blackleaf

"We're all a little bit racist sometimes."

It's true. Our brains are prone to make shortcuts. That includes a tendency to fear people who our brains recognize as outsiders. To some extent, it was probably beneficial of our ancestors to recognize and fear people who don't look like us, since strangers could be a threat. But the important thing isn't what automatic responses we have and can't control, but it's what we choose to do with the information our minds are feeding us. It doesn't become a hate crime until your thoughts have gone from your head to your fists.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 29, 2020, 05:15:52 PM
I've seen a trend on Facebook recently. The question of "should the KKK be classified as a terrorist group" comes up, and inevitably, someone in the comments says, "Only if Anti-Fa are also classified as terrorists!" Dude, why are you defending the KKK? Is it because you realize you're on the same side? If not, what do you have to gain by protecting them?

Of course KKK is a domestic terrorist organization.  Always has been.  But legal eagles blocked it ... you had to be a foreign organization, backed by a foreign government or government-like-party.  So technically, a domestic organization couldn't be called terrorist.  Lawyers!

Hence the recent defense of un-centralized AntiFa .. the American AntiFa couldn't count as terrorism in that definition.  Then the question would be, how much is American AntiFa controlled by outside the US.  Same with BLM.  But that all falls apart if you use the obvious definition.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Been seeing a sudden resurgence of "All Lives Matter" by fuckheads who don't understand what context is.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 29, 2020, 10:33:50 PM
Been seeing a sudden resurgence of "All Lives Matter" by fuckheads who don't understand what context is.

Eat the rich.  Up with Wakanda.

I still want to nuke all communists.  Just love the sight of mushrooms.

"Seattle Police Chief Asks Why Black People Keep Dying In The 'Black Lives Matter' CHOP Zone" ... if she can't figure out why (it is obvious) then she needs to resign.

"London Spins Out Of Control As Met Police Abandon Streets" ... Mayor of London's fault, PM's fault?

"Welcome To The New (Pathologized) Totalitarianism" ... Lysenko but with germ warfare.  Capitalists and Communists agree, if the public isn't a useful fool as consumer, they are useless mouths to be eliminated.

"Social Credit Scores Are Already Here" ... enslavement to the NWO can't be stopped, loan officers are already checking out your social media posts.

""BUY OUR EXPLOITATIVE CRAP OR YOU HATE BLACK PEOPLE" SAYS EVERY CORPORATION" ... war profiteering from domestic terrorism, usually by companies trading with the Chinese enemy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Black revenge fantasy vs White revenge fantasy.  Cute.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.