George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on June 25, 2020, 09:35:00 AM
Kettling.  Sometimes it's used to keep protesters away from whoever they're protesting against, sometimes it's used to get them all in one place for more efficient teargassing and pepperspraying.
Thanks for Wiki explanation.  I understand the purpose and intent.  But it is still unnecessarily barbaric, and I will never believe for one minute that the police are not abusing it.  In the video, people have been kettled, what happens afterwards is nothing short of torture.  It's unacceptable no matter how much the police seem to be enjoying it.

In the past, I haven't been bothered too much by police activity.  I've just told myself to avoid protests and riots, and I let it go.  But now I've seen enough of this sort of abuse to believe that this shit has got to stop, along with killing minorities for no reason.  I realize police work is dangerous business, and I understand the frustration dealing with criminals day after day can mount up.  I also understand the frustration of watching our civilization become a police state, and having no recourse to deal with the powers in charge.  I still think police brutality can be eliminated if we get rid of the scum, and that includes scum at the top who rubber stamp torture as part of crowd control.

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on June 25, 2020, 09:53:41 AM
Thanks for Wiki explanation.  I understand the purpose and intent.  But it is still unnecessarily barbaric, and I will never believe for one minute that the police are not abusing it.  In the video, people have been kettled, what happens afterwards is nothing short of torture.  It's unacceptable no matter how much the police seem to be enjoying it.

In the past, I haven't been bothered too much by police activity.  I've just told myself to avoid protests and riots, and I let it go.  But now I've seen enough of this sort of abuse to believe that this shit has got to stop, along with killing minorities for no reason.  I realize police work is dangerous business, and I understand the frustration dealing with criminals day after day can mount up.  I also understand the frustration of watching our civilization become a police state, and having no recourse to deal with the powers in charge.  I still think police brutality can be eliminated if we get rid of the scum, and that includes scum at the top who rubber stamp torture as part of crowd control.
I expect the police to be held to a higher standard of behavior than the general public.  They're the ones who know the law better and are charged with defending it.

I remember about forty-some years ago when I was living up by Toledo, we had friends of the family that lived way out west of town that we always spent the 4th of July with because they always had the best party -- for both the adults and us (then-)minors -- the highlight of which was their own personal fireworks display.

They got their fireworks from the local police, with whom they were close, fireworks illegal in Ohio that they'd confiscated.  They (ahem) disposed of the illegal fireworks for them by burning them.  One at a time.  To much ooh-ing and ah-ing.

Sounds harmless, even fun, but that's an abuse of power.  That's granting themselves and their friends an exception to the laws that had been enforced against other citizens who didn't happen to have a personal connection to the police.

And once you let yourself get used to bending the "harmless" rules for yourself and your friends, that makes it easier to bend more substantial rules.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

I was stopped once, for reckless driving, that was caused by a nighttime headlights in my face (from the police car parked at the end of the street).  i was stopped and he had me sit next to him in the squad car (not a good idea).  The cop was drunk.  I deserved the citation, but his "brights" blinded me.  I was glad that was all I got!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

3 NC cops fired for racist conversations, eagerness to kill black people

Quote“We are just gonna go out and start slaughtering them fuâ€"â€" niâ€"â€". I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.

These are the words of a now-former Wilmington Police Department officer Kevin Piner.

Quote“Their conversation eventually turned to the topic of the protests against racism occurring across the nation. Piner tells Gilmore that the only thing this agency is concerned with ‘kneeling down with the black folks.’ Gilmore then said that he watched a video on social media about white people bowing down on their knees and ‘worshipping blacks,'” according to the summary.

The conversation then turned to other police officers in the Wilmington Police Department â€" black officers.

The audio has Piner calling one of the officers ‘bad news’ and a ‘piece of shit.’

“Let’s see how his boys take care of him when shit gets rough, see if they don’t put a bullet in his head,” Piner said about a fellow officer.
I wonder if the Blue Lives matter people would approve a cop plotting to kill another cop.  I really hope not.  I really hope everyone agrees that this was beyond the pale.

QuoteAccording to the summary, “Moore began telling Piner about an arrest he had made at work the day before. During that conversation, Moore refers to the female as a ‘negro’ and a ‘niâ€"-‘ on multiple occasions.”

He also referred to a magistrate judge, who is also black, as a ‘fucking negro magistrate.’

“At one point, Moore states, ‘she needed a bullet in her head right then and move on. Let’s move the body out of the way and keep going.’ Piner responds, ‘That’s what I have been trying to tell you,'” according to the documents.

After more derogatory comments about the arrestee and the magistrate, the conversation takes an even bleaker turn, as the two officers discuss an upcoming ‘civil war.’

“Piner tells Moore later in the conversation that he feels a civil war is coming and he is ‘ready.’ Piner advised he is going to buy a new assault rifle in the next couple of weeks.
These are the kinds of conversations cops have behind our backs.  We pay them to protect us and they fantasize about having a race war and slaughtering people who just happen to have a different skin tone than them.  This is sick.  And the only reason we know about it was because it was both recorded on tape and released to the public.  How often does this happen away from the cameras?

Baruch

No, you don't pay them to protect you and your property.  That is the narrative.  They are there to establish public order (unless told to stand down by the D-mayor) ... because public order is good for the Elite.  If you want someone to protect you and your property, you have to hire private security guards, like Donald Trump.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Man suing police department in Georgia for unnecessary and excessive force

QuotePer a police report obtained by the Valdosta Daily Times, a man, who was suspected of bothering customers outside a Walgreens, was wearing a brown hoodie and blue pants.

A patrolman approaches the man, who police identified as Smith. According to bodycam footage reviewed by USA TODAY, the man was wearing a red jacket and khaki pants.

Here's a shocker: they got the wrong guy.

QuoteA sergeant then arrives, immediately walking up to the man, grabbing him and restraining his arms in a “bear hug." He instructs Smith three times to put his hands behind his back “like he’s told.”

After the third instruction, the sergeant body slams Smith. He starts wailing in pain, exclaiming that the sergeant broke his wrist.
The policeman tried to justify this by claiming that the man was in a blac..."bladed" stance.  Also, he was arguing with the other police officer. (so what?)

QuoteSmith was later hospitalized at South Georgia Medical Center, per the lawsuit, where he was diagnosed with “distal radial and ulnar fractures” and his arm was put in a sling before being released with pain medication.

Baruch

Another cop got caught doing a stranglehold, got charged for it ;-)

"Pew Analysis Shows Only 1 In 6 BLM Protesters Are Black" ... not all Blacks are Marxist, not all Marxist are Black

"Black Lives Matter leader states, “If U.S. doesn’t give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it”. This is Treason, Sedition, Insurrection!" ... Trump tweet.  As a Cold Warrior, I don't find Marxism to be protected free speech.  It is literally not just like shouting "fire" in a theater (the Marxist MSM does that), but being the actual arsonists who sets the theater on fire ;-(

"New Colorado Police Reform Ends Cops' Qualified Immunity, Sidesteps Federal Courts" ... a hopeful turn of events
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

The last words of Elijah McClain, before being murdered by cops standing on his neck.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

And for those wondering why these protests are happening outside of America as well...

Mona Wang's boyfriend called 911 (or w/e the Canadian equivalent is) for a wellness check on her. The RCMP officer who arrived proceeds to drag her through the hotel, pull her up by her hair, step on her head and arrests her.

All over a mental health wellness check.

In the last 3 months, RCMP have murdered 5 people during wellness checks. The RCMP have also murdered several Indigenous members over the last month as well as brutalized a chief on camera. Police brutality is not just an American thing, and it's why police need to be abolished and replaced.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

If the point was killing people, the cops have let us down.  There are billions of useless mouths in this world.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

As I've posted earlier, white supremacists have infiltrated the police force.

Slowly scrap the entire police force and do psych evals of everyone entering the police force again.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on June 26, 2020, 06:26:25 AM

Slowly scrap the entire police force and do psych evals of everyone entering the police force again.

They have always been KKK. particularly the Black cops.  You won't find Mother Theresa joining the force.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Sal1981 on June 26, 2020, 06:26:25 AM

I do find this alarming:
An FBI intelligence assessmentâ€"titled “White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement” and published in 2006 during the administration of President George W. Bushâ€"raised alarm over white supremacist groups’ interest in “infiltrating law enforcement communities or recruiting law enforcement personnel.” The report, based on FBI investigations and open sources, warned, for example, that skinhead groups were actively encouraging their members to become “ghost skins” within law enforcement agencies, a term the report said white supremacists use to describe members who “avoid overt displays of their beliefs to blend into society and covertly advance white supremacist causes.”

In 2015, a classified FBI Counterterrorism Policy Guide, obtained by The Intercept, stated that “domestic terrorism investigations focused on militia extremists, white supremacist extremists, and sovereign citizen extremists often have identified active links to law enforcement officers.”

This is reported by  Danielle Schulkin this month.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Ancient news.  The real scandal is the penetration of county sheriff offices by gun nuts.  It was local sheriffs from 80s onward who gave permission for some people to keep full automatic weapons.  I have known two gun nuts.  They are ... nuts!  One or more of them may post here.

So to purify the police force, we need to replace them all with Communist trans-sexual Blacks with Hispanic surnames who are handicapped?  Beta males are per-screened because they have no nuts ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on June 26, 2020, 12:01:02 PM
Ancient news.  The real scandal is the penetration of county sheriff offices by gun nuts.  It was local sheriffs from 80s onward who gave permission for some people to keep full automatic weapons.  I have known two gun nuts.  They are ... nuts!  One or more of them may post here.
2nd Amendment supporters aren't the problem, I would argue that's just a point repubs have co-opted.