George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 19, 2020, 04:03:13 PM
If I was going to kill myself, hanging myself in a tree, in a public place, reminiscent of how people used to lynch my ancestors, would be the last method I'd resort to. And this is supposedly how four people (and possibly more in the future) are choosing to end their lives? Yeah, no. This is fishy as hell.
Well, hanging is a pretty common suicide method and trees are apparently a popular place for that.  In 2018, 48,344 Americans died by suicide.  That's 132 per day.  28.6% were suffocation, with hanging being far and away the most popular.  That's somewhere around 38 hangings per day.  So a rash of suicides like that wouldn't be that much out of the norm.

What is fishy to me is that it at least one of them was labelled as a suicide prematurely.  That's hella suspicious.

And the half brother of Fuller was just recently shot and killed by the police, which strikes me as a rather odd rash of misfortune for that family.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 19, 2020, 02:34:12 PM
You do realize the Soros story is an antisemitic conspiracy theory, right? You're making as much sense as a gay guy who's against Pride Month.

No, KKK today, is a communist conspiracy theory.  Got Nazis under your bed?  Why is Soros stuff banned in his home country, Hungary?  Why is Soros' nephew married to Chelsea Clinton?  Wealthy people saw what Saudis etc get away with, and wanted the same "millionaire privs".

Soros is like all millionaires ... Caligula at heart.  If you don't think so, you are a maid, butler, chauffeur or pool boy working your ass off for them ;-).  Enjoying the good life like Westworld.  That is what Bill and Hillary were doing at Epstein's ranch here in NM, getting a little evil out of their systems.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 19, 2020, 02:34:12 PM
You do realize the Soros story is an antisemitic conspiracy theory, right? You're making as much sense as a gay guy who's against Pride Month.
Are you really expecting Baruch to be making any sort of sense???? Sort of like expecting to Trump to start telling the truth. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 19, 2020, 05:10:24 PM
Are you really expecting Baruch to be making any sort of sense???? Sort of like expecting to Trump to start telling the truth.

Is that you Chairman Xi, Emperor of China?  Han Master Race!! (fist bump while LARPing as Chinese)

"Real Life Supervillain Rises in the Capital Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ), Phoenix Jones Turns Evil" ... "the first as tragedy, then as farce" ... the Hippie culture of the 60s (a tragedy) returns ... as a farce.

What is your truth, MikeCL? (rhetorical question).  We agree on Bible analysis.  So I must be crazy too ;-)  How much of the political-economy is just a primitive "cargo cult"?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/06/19/us/ap-us-mountain-town-military-vehicle.html

When people talk about "defunding" the police, this is what they're talking about.  That and not keeping serial abusers or murders on taxpayer payroll.  Teachers have to reach into their wallet for school supplies for their classroom and 1 out of 5 people in the area live in poverty, meanwhile the PD is amassing a fortune in military hardware.

This particular vehicle was a donation (apparently due to an inflated military budget), so it was "free" in the sense that taxpayers paid for it years ago and for an entirely different purpose.  Those sorts of vehicles are definitely not free to maintain, and take a guess who's going to foot the bill for that.

Shiranu

QuoteThis particular vehicle was a donation (apparently due to an inflated military budget), so it was "free" in the sense that taxpayers paid for it years ago and for an entirely different purpose.  Those sorts of vehicles are definitely not free to maintain, and take a guess who's going to foot the bill for that.

While slightly off-topic, if we have so much expensive surplus that we give shitloads of it to our police departments... do we really need billion dollar increases every year to the military budget?

Perhaps my understanding of economics and business is just really poor, and that's actually amazing business (besides for the arms manufactures, obviously).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 19, 2020, 10:01:06 PM
While slightly off-topic, if we have so much expensive surplus that we give shitloads of it to our police departments... do we really need billion dollar increases every year to the military budget?

Perhaps my understanding of economics and business is just really poor, and that's actually amazing business (besides for the arms manufactures, obviously).

Three Problems ...

#1 Military-Industrial Complex keeps the economy going, since there is only so much schlock you can get consumers to buy.
#2 Having the Military-Industrial Complex leads to politicians (starting my my lifetime, with LBJ) thinking they can use it to "look tough".
#3 "Looking tough" not only takes foreign lives and young American lives, but it really pisses off other countries.

So why the Hell, do liberals want a different set of "targets" to go pound, compared to conservatives ... instead of being against targeting people in the first place?  In th 80s (was it just partisan convenience?) liberals were anti-war.  Now they can't get enough of that war profiteering (I see you Joe Biden etc).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on June 19, 2020, 10:01:06 PMWhile slightly off-topic, if we have so much expensive surplus that we give shitloads of it to our police departments... do we really need billion dollar increases every year to the military budget?
Absolutely not.  And it's no coincidence that education and healthcare (which disproportionately help the poor) are severely underfunded but the prison-industrial complex and the military-industrial complex (which disproportionately use and abuse the poor) are overfunded.  It's all tied together.

Death by cop is just the tip of the iceberg poking out of the water.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 20, 2020, 12:01:15 AM
Absolutely not.  And it's no coincidence that education and healthcare (which disproportionately help the poor) are severely underfunded but the prison-industrial complex and the military-industrial complex (which disproportionately use and abuse the poor) are overfunded.  It's all tied together.

Death by cop is just the tip of the iceberg poking out of the water.

Cry me a river.  Og in the Paleolithic, had a big club, beat your Beta ass, and took your woman!  We are simply more sophisticated, not improved.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Protestors take down 2 confederate statues in Raleigh NC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzMaHXQ4ADs

QuoteOne Confederate statue is now hanging from a light post along W. Hargett Street and another on the steps of the Wake County courthouse.

QuoteAs heavy rains moved into downtown Raleigh, crowds began to disperse from the scene.

Police have since removed the statue from the light pole and the front of the Wake County courthouse.

QuoteIn a message to the city of Raleigh Pittman said this, "It would be wise to the city of Raleigh, any other Confederate monuments you may have, if you do not want them destroyed, from the people, it would be wise for you to move them off of the grounds and put them in private property."
I don't suppose there's a Runner-up Hall of Fame willing to take them in?

Shiranu

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/06/19/lasd-deputies-shoot-kill-security-guard-gardena-andres-guardado/

Conflicting story between the LAPD and the witnesses...

1. The police say that, when he saw them, he flashed a gun at them and began running down an alley way, where he was eventually shot in the back.
2. Witnesses say he was talking to some girls in a car, and the cops pulled over and approached him with guns drawn.He took off down the alley, then got to his knees when they yelled at him. Once on the ground they shot him 7 times in the back.

At that point of the story, it's really just who you would rather believe and how comfortable you are with anyone being shot in the back. If you trust LAPD even if they said the sky was blue, I am concerned for you.

Luckily, we have video evidence of what happened... or rather, should...

https://twitter.com/el_tragon_de_LA/status/1274118743661047808

The police broke the cameras at the scene and confiscated the DVR, so any film directly at the scene is either destroyed or in police custody. Now they are acquiring written warrants to seize cameras from all the stores around the scene of the crime.

Because nothing says innocence like destroying all evidence.

These mother fuckers aren't learning a god damned thing.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 20, 2020, 01:58:12 AM

I give that swan dive 10 points. My town has a statue of 'ole colonel angus.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 20, 2020, 01:58:12 AM

Funny how people who scream about participation trophies now cry that they are having theirs taken away from them.

Baruch

Yankees today couldn't stand up to an army of Confederate women, let alone their men-folk.  Bwahah.

"It is important to acknowledge that even the very wise cannot see all ends. It was not Aragorn's leadership and military prowess that won the war on Sauron, it was Frodo's mercy to Gollum, and Gollum's corruption accidentally destroying the ring. History hinges on such small events." ... Tolkien
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

I saw this on Facebook recently. There's no doubting that Satan is an important part of Christian mythology, but if people started erecting statues of Satan, or wear/display the Sigil of Baphomet in church, it might send a slightly different message than, "Hey, I'm just preserving Christian traditions."
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--