George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-17/la-me-rosamond-shooting-sheriff

Terron Boone, the brother of George Fueller (African American found lynched last week) was shot and killed by police today.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

I have seen a piece about more recent black deaths suspected as lynchings. But there is nothing substantial on it. There are no news about Fueller you can reach by common search, if you don't look for it. And then a couple.

I think the States have never seen this level of censorship in its modern history. I've been told that it is because I don't have any social media account but NO. A big NO. I haven had one several years ago either. Everything used to explode to your face after typing a word.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 18, 2020, 05:34:42 AM
I have seen a piece about more recent black deaths suspected as lynchings. But there is nothing substantial on it. There are no news about Fueller you can reach by common search, if you don't look for it. And then a couple.

I think the States have never seen this level of censorship in its modern history. I've been told that it is because I don't have any social media account but NO. A big NO. I haven had one several years ago either. Everything used to explode to your face after typing a word.

Yep, censorship is so incredibly easy today, I really think it could be done without anyone having a clue. Just a few little tweaks to algorithms on the most popular search engines, and an entire realm of information could be cut off from anyone who doesn't know the specific information to look for.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

It's useless to converse with people who see 'damage property' in all this; think that the destruction of statues proves something different. Mostly, they are sure nothing is going to happen to them. Because you know, fanatic right wingers are known to stop at some point when they gain power, right? Especially, KKK and Neo Nazi groups are known with their respect for human life in any group of belief, culture and skin colour, right? 

I swear it is like the beginning of a whole new kind of Fear the Walking Dead all over the world. There are some terrible things going on far far away beyond the hills but nobody is jumping to eat my face here, so it has nothing to do with me. So stop these people, they're destroying property.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on June 18, 2020, 05:48:00 AM
Yep, censorship is so incredibly easy today, I really think it could be done without anyone having a clue. Just a few little tweaks to algorithms on the most popular search engines, and an entire realm of information could be cut off from anyone who doesn't know the specific information to look for.

Yeah I get it. In Ä°stanbul a crowded group of Nigerians got in to a fight getting out of a nighclub at night. There were some other events. It's pretty much a like street battle. Fucking piece of shits keep harassing and provoking black people and other minorities. Syrians were the usual target but now...this is new. Guess which internet platforms have been effective to fuel the common racism? I wrote a post about it before...Mansophere, red pill groups...etc. 

Nothing in the news but only 'they turned the streets to a war zone' bullshit. Couple of groups managed to get it out by giving them a voice. Making them tell how people keep harassing them daily. But who pays attention, really. 

So the censorhip problem is much deeper than tweaking a few algorithms, imo. Autocensorhip is the most dangerous form of it. It's in people's brains.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 18, 2020, 05:34:42 AM

CIA/FBI has controlled all media since 1963.  Including Facebook, Google (YouTube) and Wikipedia.  What is shown is what serves their COINTELPRO.  This was officially and belatedly legalized by President Obama.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

One of my coworkers, who is out due to suspected COVID infection, said her 7-year-old daughter has been crying hysterically whenever she sees pictures of George Floyd and is terrified she and her mom will be killed because they are black. She can't sleep at night because she is afraid someone is going to break into the house and shoot them. My coworker is going to take her to a therapist. The COVID pandemic and social unrest are difficult for adults to cope with and can be overwhelming for children.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on June 18, 2020, 01:05:13 PM
One of my coworkers, who is out due to suspected COVID infection, said her 7-year-old daughter has been crying hysterically whenever she sees pictures of George Floyd and is terrified she and her mom will be killed because they are black. She can't sleep at night because she is afraid someone is going to break into the house and shoot them. My coworker is going to take her to a therapist. The COVID pandemic and social unrest are difficult for adults to cope with and can be overwhelming for children.

I am horrified that the Dam-Anti-Semites will push me in an oven, alive, like their CCP allies did to old people in Wuhan.  But since I am an adult, I am better able to control my hysteria.  In Germany the paranoia was against the Jews.  In America it is against the Whites.  Fascism is a bad idea.

Paranoia is a disease, not a political platform.  Millions of White Americans are terrified, that their "wet" Dem administrations will throw them to the Black-Left criminals, to turn their towns into Detroit.  I don't think it is true, but this blade has two sides.  Push this shit, and I will get what I want ... dead D and R voters ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

BLM= $100 million per year from Soros.  Ally of AntiFa.  It is a terrorist political party.  Blacks are trying to make Wakanda into a myth based religion.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on June 19, 2020, 01:50:37 AM
BLM= $100 million per year from Soros.  Ally of AntiFa.  It is a terrorist political party.  Blacks are trying to make Wakanda into a myth based religion.

You do realize the Soros story is an antisemitic conspiracy theory, right? You're making as much sense as a gay guy who's against Pride Month.
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

4th suicide by hanging of a black man in the US recently.

Quote"Malcolm Harsch, 38, was found hanging from a tree near the homeless encampment he was living in in Victorville, California, on May 31. Ten days later and 50 miles away, 24-year-old Robert Fuller was found in a similar manner across the street from City Hall in Palmdale, California. Across the country, 27-year-old Bronx resident Dominique Alexander was found hanging from a tree in a Manhattan park on June 9. And on Tuesday in Houston, Texas, an unidentified Black teenager was found hanged to death outside of an elementary school."
This could all be coincidental, we are living in an economic depression/pandemic and certainly a very stressful time, especially for black people right now who suffer more from economic downturns and the long hood of law enforcement.

Even so, it definitely raises eyebrows.  Especially because in the Fuller case, the family insisted that he wasn't suicidal and that he had attended a BLM protest just two days prior.

Hydra009

Remember the officer who went to an apartment for a no-knock warrant, went in guns blazing and gunned down an innocent person?  Well, just a scant 3-months and change later, he's finally fired.  Not charged, just fired.  One wonders what would have happened if there hadn't been public outcry about this.

QuoteHankison is accused by the department's interim chief, Robert Schroeder, of "blindly" firing 10 rounds into Taylor's apartment, creating a substantial danger of death and serious injury.
Imo "danger of death" is a rather euphemistic way to describe actual death.  It'd be like calling juggling chainsaws and lopping off my own hands "danger of dismemberment".  When the hands are on the floor, it's no longer potential dismemberment, it's actual dismemberment.

QuoteThe other two officers who fired their weapons at Taylor's apartment â€" Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly and Officer Myles Cosgrove â€" remain on administrative reassignment.
For those not up on the five-O lingo, "administrative reassignment" is paid leave.  The sort of thing most of us wish we got for surgeries or pregnancy.  For the police, it's something you get when you gun down an innocent person.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 19, 2020, 03:00:20 PM
4th suicide by hanging of a black man in the US recently.
This could all be coincidental, we are living in an economic depression/pandemic and certainly a very stressful time, especially for black people right now who suffer more from economic downturns and the long hood of law enforcement.

Even so, it definitely raises eyebrows.  Especially because in the Fuller case, the family insisted that he wasn't suicidal and that he had attended a BLM protest just two days prior.

If I was going to kill myself, hanging myself in a tree, in a public place, reminiscent of how people used to lynch my ancestors, would be the last method I'd resort to. And this is supposedly how four people (and possibly more in the future) are choosing to end their lives? Yeah, no. This is fishy as hell.
--Fulke Greville--