George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 16, 2020, 11:33:28 PM
You know I used to think that Conservatives, like Democrats, honestly wanted what they believed was good for the country, and that their perspectives were worth considering in debates. But ever since Trump took office, the GOP has fucking lost it. They have no standards. There's nothing their orange dictator could do that they wouldn't try to justify or dismiss as "fake news." They'll even go so far as to contradict their own values when Trump says so. Trump says something against a veteran? Well, we love veterans, but Trump says he's stupid, so he must be stupid.

Republicans don't deserve a place at the table any more. Kick them out. Give Libertarians their spot.

Uhhh...

"Feels like i'm watching GTA V television lol"

I'm sure there is a conservative third party out there somewhere who actually would make good politicians, but the capital L Libertarians sure as hell aint it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

Quote from: trdsf on June 16, 2020, 10:56:14 PM
Yaknow, at this point I'm inclined to have ACAB stand for 'All Conservatives Are Bastards'...

Wow... you are so creative! And sensitive!
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

Quote from: Shiranu on June 16, 2020, 11:41:51 PM
Uhhh...

"Feels like i'm watching GTA V television lol"

I'm sure there is a conservative third party out there somewhere who actually would make good politicians, but the capital L Libertarians sure as hell aint it.

At least they don't have a Trump.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Remind me to make proposal for an anonymous button for "I agree with you but I don't have the balls to like your post becuase you know people will see it" situation. Because I have difficulty with liking some posts. It's a problem for me as a foreigner. I need help.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

I mean, Jesus Christ. When it becomes political to say bad things about Nazis, the one group that we've universally agreed to be the bad guys since World War II, you know you done fucked up. I don't understand how we got to this point. We have a two-party system where one of those parties looks on as police treat American citizens like cattle, like they've been saying for years was going to happen under Democratic leadership, and they're okay with that? I mean, Jesus Christ. If you support the NRA, this is your once in a lifetime golden opportunity to say, "See! I told you so! The government is oppressing us! This is why we need to stockpile our weapons, so we can fight back against the government, if we need to!" But nope. The police aren't targeting them, so they're cool with it.
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Let's talk about this when you can't call them 'Nazis'. I mean when it becomes illegal to call them Nazis; or becomes some case to sue you. Which is the very point of the Nazis. If it is as bad as you say it is...it will happen at some point. Which I really don't think so. Not the events of course. So may be we should relax.

But then when I'm thinking... you all would burn the house for a spider of the size of your hand.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 17, 2020, 12:23:17 AMBut then when I'm thinking... you all would burn the house for a spider of the size of your hand.
It's the only way to be sure. ;)
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Blackleaf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 17, 2020, 12:23:17 AM
Let's talk about this when you can't call them 'Nazis'. I mean when it becomes illegal to call them Nazis; or becomes some case to sue you. Which is the very point of the Nazis. If it is as bad as you say it is...it will happen at some point. Which I really don't think so. Not the events of course. So may be we should relax.

But then when I'm thinking... you all would burn the house for a spider of the size of your hand.

I'm not talking about figurative Nazis. I mean literal, self-proclaimed Nazis. Hell, when the Wolfenstein soft-reboot came out a few years ago, Conservatives took offense to it, because it's a game where you shoot Nazis. How the fuck did it become controversial to hate Nazis?
--Fulke Greville--

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 30, 2020, 01:03:08 PM
What do you think would happen? There have never been any real protests in any period of history, anywhere around the world without riots or looting happening besides it. Unfortunately, this is how real protests look like. People die, buildings get burned down. Nobody 'defends' it. Nobody is defending it now. It's the usual outcome of a mass of people going out with rage.

You have never been in a protest in your life, have you? One person is enough for this to happen while tens of thousands go there with good intents. And with this particular issue, with a rage like this? What are they going to do, throw flowers around?

All the politicians are talking about the same thing because it is their job and they worry about the order. Nobody is trying to address these protests from a required point of view and trying to calm these people at least with a promise of justice.

Charged with third degree murder? Are you fucking kidding me? Third degree is manslaughter. This is NOT manslaughter, this is premediated murder with malicious intent. Manslaughter doesn't even include intent to kill. A 12 year old kid can tell the difference. Do you know the difference between manslaughter and first degree murder?

I swear, right wingers like those small annoying dogs. Yap yap yap dey're burniing down buildingsss yap yap yap... viooolence...yap yap yap...

On the other hand, can you even imagine for a second what would happen if a white man killed by a few black cops the way George Floyd was killed?

Yet these protesters are violent  with hatred in their eyes. You can't fight hatred with hate it only leads to more hatred and destruction. You don't have to be a right winger to see the terror of this situation. The violent protestors are getting away with vandalism, property damage, and looting while promoting a left facist movement to destroy anything that offends them, and or associated with black people like abolitionist John Greenleaf Whittier or a statue of Thomas Jefferson.
Destroying recent statues I can understand but old ones? There is now escalate movement to remove statues of two of the great founders of America because they owned slaves:Jefferson and Washington and even remove Rushmore. When will it end? Only by violence apparently.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 17, 2020, 02:44:15 AM
I'm not talking about figurative Nazis. I mean literal, self-proclaimed Nazis. Hell, when the Wolfenstein soft-reboot came out a few years ago, Conservatives took offense to it, because it's a game where you shoot Nazis. How the fuck did it become controversial to hate Nazis?

I know. So am I. I mean those people will sue everyone for the smallest things, openly threat people to wipe them out with no consequences. And people won't be able to sue them. This is one of the stops on the road. (Sorry the English I have used is bad up there.)

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 17, 2020, 01:21:32 AM
It's the only way to be sure. ;)

LOL...There was a meme for this, right?

Shiranu

The Great  Antifa Hysteria, or as George Carlin said... "It's all bullshit, folks, and it's bad for ya."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/17/opinion/antifa-protests.html

QuoteAntifa, short for anti-fascists, hasn’t killed anyone and appears to have been only a marginal presence in Black Lives Matter protests. None of those arrested on serious federal charges related to the unrest have been linked to antifa.

Race-baiting extremists have also tried to manipulate public fears. One Twitter account purportedly run by an antifa group, @Antifa_US, announced on May 31 that “tonight’s the night … we move into the residential areas … the white hoods … and we take what’s ours.” But Twitter said that the account was actually run by white supremacists posing as antifa.

These antifa panics are where racism and hysteria intersect, in a nation that has more guns than people. They arise when a lying president takes every opportunity not to heal our national divisions but to stoke them, when people live in a news ecosystem that provides no reality check but inflames prejudices and feeds fears.

You might think that this kind of hysteria would be self-correcting: Citizens would see that no antifa people show up and then realize that they had been manipulated by people who treat them as dummies. But the narrative actually gaining traction in some quarters is that guns forced the antifa to back off.

NBC News, which has published excellent accounts of this hysteria, quoted one armed “defender” of the remote town of Klamath Falls, Ore., as initially saying that antifa warriors were on the way “to burn everything and to kill white people.”

After none showed up, a local bar owner said on Facebook that he was proud of the armed turnout and boasted that antifa activists had been repelled because they “walked into a hornet’s nest.”

People are legitimately getting hurt, getting killed, over this fear mongering. We have right-wing terrorists using this "leftist" fear to carry out attacks on police, LGBT+ and African American communities and blaming it on the protesters (thankfully they tend to also be fucking idiots and get caught).

And yet we actually have people here who legitimately think this is the bigger threat, and that boggles my mind.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Yeah,  Shiranu, it boggles my mind too.  But that seems to be life with the orange monster.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Cassia

Well I make my own pancake batter and prefer real maple syrup and I like my rice basmati, not converted. Crap is bad for us anyways, LOL. Stereotyping is insidious to our nature and should be resisted.