George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: SGOS on June 08, 2020, 06:36:17 AM
It's both.  The two are not mutually exclusive, and it has become part of black life, while it's not something whites worry about on a daily basis. It's definitely racist. Law enforcement has become a legalized KKK, and if you protest, even non-violently as a white guy, you're likely to get knocked on the head with a baton.

No it's not. People just assume that it was. Yes there is racial cop brutality, but as soon as you see a white man doing anything violent to a black man you deem it "racist" is not a good outlook.

Shiranu

Quote...but as soon as you see a white man doing anything violent to a black man you deem it "racist" is not a good outlook.

Why?

Edit: And let me go one further: Why, particularly in a situation where an organization known for targeting minorities at a significantly higher rate and abusing their power against them at a significantly higher rate?

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 08, 2020, 03:49:49 PMNo it's not. People just assume that it was. Yes there is racial cop brutality, but as soon as you see a white man doing anything violent to a black man you deem it "racist" is not a good outlook.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/inside-100-million-police-traffic-stops-new-evidence-racial-bias-n980556

What else can you call racial prejudice mixed with racial violence but racism?

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 08, 2020, 03:49:49 PM
No it's not. People just assume that it was. Yes there is racial cop brutality, but as soon as you see a white man doing anything violent to a black man you deem it "racist" is not a good outlook.

Some charges don't require proof of intent, some do  Proving that hitting a guy who is Black, when you are White, may or may not be racist.  If the White guy didn't say anything or give any other immediate evidence of intent, then it is presumption to say it is racist.  But if you examine his Facebook and it is covered with KKK stuff ... one has a clue.

In Cultural Marxism, no Black hitting any White is ever racist, because Cultural Marxists redefined it ... being White and just standing there is racist.  You don't have to do anything more egregious than that.  I completely reject Cultural Marxism.  This is communism for Beta males and Feminists.  Real communists kill people in cold blood, I can respect that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 08, 2020, 04:51:39 PM
Why?

Edit: And let me go one further: Why, particularly in a situation where an organization known for targeting minorities at a significantly higher rate and abusing their power against them at a significantly higher rate?

All cops are KKK?  Some might be.  That needs to be stopped.  Statistically, Shiranu, you are more affluent than the average Somali.  Should they "necklace" you for being too "White" like they do in S Africa?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 08, 2020, 06:03:53 PM
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/inside-100-million-police-traffic-stops-new-evidence-racial-bias-n980556

What else can you call racial prejudice mixed with racial violence but racism?

The average young Black male ... has a high likely-hood of being up to no good.  A fact.  The cops can check the computer for priors.  Do priors not matter?  You want the police to profile White grandmothers with only a parking ticket?  Not all young Black males are criminals ... fortunately.  I have worked with a few.  Very few White grandmothers are criminals ... unless they are in the Mafia.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on June 08, 2020, 12:08:30 PM
Comedians for President?  At least it would be a laugh ;-(
I'd vote for Jon Stewart.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Shiranu on June 08, 2020, 04:51:39 PM
Why?

So you would label everything done against a minority ethnicity is racist because past history and grudges. Not all white people are racist. Not all conflict with minorities and white people are a racial thing Also not every cop is an arrogant SOB. Yes there is a racial problem in the justice program. But you shouldn't fight hate with hate.

Because It will blind you.

Hydra009

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 08, 2020, 07:54:59 PMYes there is a racial problem in the justice program.
So...is there racism going on or not?

Baruch

The human "race" has always been racist.  It isn't called the "human SJW".  But of course there are many kinds of prejudice and exploitation.  People who virtue signal about how wonderful they are ... are children or clear mental cases (if adult).  Adult self examination reveals the ugly truth.  Unless of course you are a sociopath who has no character, no humanity.  Then you are a Hitler.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteSo you would label everything done against a minority ethnicity is racist because past history and grudges.

No, and I never said that.

QuoteNot all white people are racist.

Nope, and I never said that.

QuoteNot all conflict with minorities and white people are a racial thing.

Nope, and I never said that.

QuoteAlso not every cop is an arrogant SOB.

True, but every cop does work for a system that is permeated with racism and abuse of power, and damn near every cop will protect their own rather than admit that the system they work in is fundamentally flawed. There are a variety of reasons they would do that, from apathy to approval to fear of being ostracized within the force or even losing their job over it and a cop who doesn't stand up against the behaviour of his organization has to be evaluated on a case to case basis, but I don't think anyone is fighting against "cops" as a person but rather cops as the institution and profession.

QuoteBut you shouldn't fight hate with hate.

There is nothing wrong with hating a system that murders, that beats, that wrongfully arrests, that profits off of the abuse of not just minorities but everyone too poor to take their asses to court and win. Infact, I would say anyone who does not hate that system is morally inferiour to someone who does, because if you can only approach it with apathy or worse-yet love then you are enabling it to continue.

Of course love is important; we need to use love to rebuild the African American community that has suffered 400 years of oppression under white supremacy. We need to use love to build a system from the ashes of the current police state that protects American citizens regardless of their skin colour, their sexual orientation, the size of their wallet. We need love to forgive those officers who were intimidated into being complicit in a system that threatened them if they ever showed their humanity.

But hatred is not an inherently bad thing. Robert Sternerg defines it as such...

1. A detachment of intimacy. No one should ever be intimate with a system as inherently immoral and destructive as the American police complex is.
2. An infuse of passion. Without passion, this system will never be changed.
3. A decision to devalue a previously valued object. Every American must realize that this bullshit valuation we put on police officers is as misguided and intentionally deceptive as our valuation of the military is. It's just a way to put police officers above the law, and no American should be above the law.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

If only America was as well prepared for a viral outbreak as the police were to go to war with their own communities.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Draconic Aiur

We are so doomed. Is it wrong of me to wish for less Americans so I might get a career as a museum curator?