George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Three months ago, I didn't think Biden had a chance of beating Trump, but I'm starting to think that Trump may have fucked himself out of a job in the last several weeks. But I'm horrible at predicting politics.  Well maybe not horrible.  I've been dead on a few times too. It's going to be close, but that's hardly a bold prediction.  It's always close.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 07, 2020, 04:03:33 PM
Also, a judge apparently suspended habeaus corpus in NYC, allowing police to hold people for longer than 24 hours without charge.  There's a reason that's in the constitution.  It's so we don't have people "disappear" in custody like in authoritarian regimes.

Chicago police previously were doing this.  Mostly to Black suspects ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 07, 2020, 06:10:56 PM
WTF??  A false flag from the trumpanits?

Are all cops Nazis?  Every string is about Biden's chances?  Why not in the original election string?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on June 07, 2020, 06:20:42 PM
A 4 year old article that has become relevant from PBS:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement

What about communists and drug addicts in law enforcement?  French Connection baby!

PS ...

Can't wait for the psychos to let this perp out of jail because of White Privilege ... the suspect is Black

"David Dorn shooting: Arrest, murder charge announced in killing of retired St. Louis police captain" ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Marine veteran.  2 time Purple Heart recipient.  Those black marks are from his shoes melting and falling apart.

Draconic Aiur

So I read up about this George Floyd case and I know it was wrong for a cop to kill a man when in custody, but this man was a criminal that stole and had a armed robbery against a African family and even threatened to kill a pregnant African woman. Who also was on illegal drugs at the time when he gave a counterfeit 20 dollar bill. Also  why is this a race thing? Because it was a white cop and a black man? This is police brutality issue not a racist issue.

SGOS

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 08, 2020, 01:46:43 AM
This is police brutality issue not a racist issue.
It's both.  The two are not mutually exclusive, and it has become part of black life, while it's not something whites worry about on a daily basis. It's definitely racist. Law enforcement has become a legalized KKK, and if you protest, even non-violently as a white guy, you're likely to get knocked on the head with a baton.

Baruch

So I read up about this George Floyd case and I know it was wrong for a cop to kill a man when in custody, but this man was a criminal that stole and had a armed robbery against a African family and even threatened to kill a pregnant African woman. Who also was on illegal drugs at the time when he gave a counterfeit 20 dollar bill. Also  why is this a race thing? Because it was a white cop and a black man? This is police brutality issue not a racist issue.

I hear he also like gang rape ;-( ... All Dem candidates should make pilgrimage to his grave.  He is the new MLK ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 08, 2020, 06:36:17 AM
It's both.  The two are not mutually exclusive, and it has become part of black life, while it's not something whites worry about on a daily basis. It's definitely racist. Law enforcement has become a legalized KKK, and if you protest, even non-violently as a white guy, you're likely to get knocked on the head with a baton.

Only hire Buddhist monks as cops.  They carry no weapons and can't hit you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Actually, it's both race and police brutality.  And his record has nothing to do with being chocked to death by a cop. He could be a career criminal and that would still not excuse what that cop did.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 08, 2020, 09:47:14 AM
Actually, it's both race and police brutality.  And his record has nothing to do with being chocked to death by a cop. He could be a career criminal and that would still not excuse what that cop did.

Hate all cops.  Praise all criminals.  You won't have as many people going to your funeral, as George Floyd did, because you aren't as useful to the DNC.

When you don't have cops, or cops won't do their job ...

"The tweet reads: “ANTIFA has threatened the town of Placerville, CA . They said if anyone stands in their way “there will be consequences.“ So Hell’s Angels and the Mongols biker gangs have accepted the challenge!" ... I have only ever seen Hell's Angels in Crap-a-fornia.

Even criminal biker gangs known for dealing in drugs .. are more based than California officials.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Comedians for President?  At least it would be a laugh ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

"I want to be a cop!"
"You can't kill people just cause you wanna anymore."
*crosses arms* "Well, now I am not doing it."

Also, anyone spot the false dilemma fallacy - the idea that our only options are Judge Dredd-style policing or utter lawlessness?  A lot of other countries seem to strike a better balance of being tough on crime but not brutal towards civilians.  Why not follow their example?  (Is Judge Dredd an accurate comparison?  IIRC, he fought against bad cops in the last film)

And how can anyone possibly claim to support the law while claiming that murderers shouldn't be held accountable for murder?