George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Esper disarms national guard, sends them home

QuoteDefense Secretary Mark T. Esper made the decision to disarm the guard without consulting the White House, after President Trump ordered a militarized show of force on the streets of Washington
Twitter tantrum in 3...2...1...

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 06, 2020, 02:30:12 AM
(Yes, it's satire.)
Too bad.  I wan't one for my book shelves.  It's not like I need to hide a gun or drugs.  I just think it's cool.  I would put a little note inside so whoever opened it would see my note that says, "Fuck You."

trdsf

"Zondervan Releases Hollow Bible For Political Photo Ops"

(Yes, it's satire.)
Satire?  Bummer.  That was the first actually useful looking bible I've ever seen -- I mean, you could store things in it and not just waste bookshelf space!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Memorial service for George Floyd today in Raeford, North Carolina - where he was born.  NC state flag at half mast.

Baruch

"Zondervan Releases Hollow Bible For Political Photo Ops"

https://babylonbee.com/news/zondervan-releases-hollow-bible-for-political-photo-ops?utm_content=bufferef1ac&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR1syOJ8cR0HXXhcGi5Y2UyfB1uBSSURbJT1TWcsCi8JX8rRy50mQNXcuUQ

(Yes, it's satire.)

Actually practical.  In 1478 in Florence, a primitive handgun was hidden in a large Bible, brought to church by an assassin, for an attempted assassination of one of the Medici brothers (then ruling Florence) by the opponents, the Pazzi family.  No Romeo or Juliet involved ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 06, 2020, 01:29:49 AM
Esper disarms national guard, sends them home
Twitter tantrum in 3...2...1...

That is the problem with delegation in any organization.  The underlings sometimes exceed their authority.  If the National Guard had been involved in combat, Esper doing that would be treason.  As it was, nobody was hurt.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 06, 2020, 01:25:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbHGAu9Kn_c

What about .. my experience with criminals (Dems)?  I have been fortunate, too much White privilege.  Don't bother me, you won't like it.  Same as if a Democrat came by trying to get me to register as a Democrat.  Mail is OK, goes with the rest of the junk mail.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 06, 2020, 12:26:32 PM
Memorial service for George Floyd today in Raeford, North Carolina - where he was born.  NC state flag at half mast.

Ask the pregnant woman who he and two others broke into her house, and George (a criminal) held her at gun point with the gun to her belly.  Just another Dem attempting another abortion.  I hope every Dem home gets broken into.  I don't hope you are all raped and murdered.  I do want all of you to burn in Hell, but no problem if you are an atheist.  Religious Dems however ...

Do y'all really want no police, and have White militias go around killing people because of their name on a voter list?  Seems self destructive, like voting Dem, or taking an overdose of drugs.

"According to data compiled by The Washington Post, American police killed a total of 1,004 people in 2019. Of those, 371 were white, and 236 were black.
Of the 371 whites killed by police, 20 of them were unarmed at the time. Of the 236 blacks killed by police, 10 of them were unarmed." ... yes, White folk should riot now.  Burn down Republican cities (Democrats burn down Democrat cities).  Or maybe they don't because Republicans aren't psychopaths.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Way to go NC!  In retaliation, Trump will send the Federal Military and equipment, just so you know who's the boss.

SGOS

Ordinarily, Trump would not send the military for a memorial service, but Skin Heads, Nazis, and and White Supremacists from the Charlotte debacle were not available to him on such short notice.

aitm

Quote from: SGOS on June 06, 2020, 09:27:25 AM
Too bad.  I wan't one for my book shelves.  It's not like I need to hide a gun or drugs.  I just think it's cool.  I would put a little note inside so whoever opened it would see my note that says, "Fuck You."
Funny enough, I did hollow out a babble which I used to store my pot. Took it on our graduation trip. Our chaperone - also our principal- came into our room one night complaining that he heard we were smoking dope. Searched the room but obviously not the obvious place to stash pot. He would never had thought one would be so “evil” as to hide pot in a babble.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 06, 2020, 01:50:03 PM
Way to go NC!  In retaliation, Trump will send the Federal Military and equipment, just so you know who's the boss.

Celebrate every criminal, otherwise you are a bigot ;-(  Remember David Dorn.  Remember who the Dems really are.

"Minneapolis bans chokeholds after George Floyd’s death" ... only smart move to happen from all this.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 06, 2020, 02:00:12 PM
Ordinarily, Trump would not send the military for a memorial service, but Skin Heads, Nazis, and and White Supremacists from the Charlotte debacle were not available to him on such short notice.

If that was real (and not paranoid fantasy) ... the Skin Heads would have killed hundreds of communists at Charlotte.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 06, 2020, 02:45:18 PM
Funny enough, I did hollow out a babble which I used to store my pot. Took it on our graduation trip. Our chaperone - also our principal- came into our room one night complaining that he heard we were smoking dope. Searched the room but obviously not the obvious place to stash pot. He would never had thought one would be so “evil” as to hide pot in a babble.

I have smelt pot smoke several times.  If you were smoking pot in your room, he would have been able to smell it.  Just like in the boy's lavatory in HS.  If the smoke was heavy enough, he couldn't have smelt the fresh pot in your hiding place.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.