George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 04, 2020, 02:01:42 PM
This is disturbing. We are walking away from a democracy.  It didn't even take a Chinese or Russian invasion.  And it's not the liberals doing it.  This is hard core right wing shit.

Democracy isn't who we are.  We are a constitutional republic, repeatedly under attack by Democrats.  Yes, all criminals are KKK.  Particularly the Black ones ;-)

We were attacked, worldwide, by a Chinese bioweapon.  Yes, we aren't at war?  Been at war since 1941.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 04, 2020, 01:37:19 PM
Straight out of Russia's playbook.  Little Green Men, I believe they were called.  These - whatever they are - don't have any ID so they are essentially above the law.  Highly disturbing and a direct contradiction of the rule of law.

Rule of Communist Law?  I don't recognize that.  There are no conspirators ... say that 1000 times and it is true ;-)

Confederates didn't think they did anything wrong.  The British traitors that founded America, didn't think they did anything wrong.

Any law ever passed by any Democratic legislature should be repealed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Three "Bogaloo" far-right radicals arrested in Las Vegas for attempting to incite violence. I guess this completely discredits the right-wings criticisms of the protests, and means they all complicity support police brutality and terrorism.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/anti-terrorist-unit-arrests-followers-protest-200604062308834.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3zFpFNIMe-2PXleuUEn5FCF9Y4gevcpZJm3sOo9XG_tlnRjzHt_jysdOA

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Graphic Photos (seriously... like pretty damn graphic, if you don't like blood and wounds please don't open this) of what "non-lethal" rounds do to protesters... and in almost all cases peaceful protesters, since the police aren't interested in cracking down on the rioters.

You will notice a lot of people missing eyes; this is on purpose, because the police aim for the head, even though even as children we are taught not to fucking aim bb and paintball guns towards the head and face because they can potentially cause traumatic damage to the face and skull.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

But remember, and I cannot stress this enough, businesses being looted is more important than peaceful protesters having gaping holes in their legs or missing eyes and completely discredits anything they were out there protesting against because .001% of the protesters were violent, and it doesn't matter that most of those weren't even there over Floyd in the first place or were right-wing agitators.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Non-lethal just means that it *might* not kill you.  It's a euphemism.  It can still cause grievous bodily harm, sometimes permanent.  When they shot that reporter in the face and caused permanent blindness in one eye that was technically non-lethal force.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 04, 2020, 04:15:49 PM
Three "Bogaloo" far-right radicals arrested in Las Vegas for attempting to incite violence. I guess this completely discredits the right-wings criticisms of the protests, and means they all complicity support police brutality and terrorism.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/anti-terrorist-unit-arrests-followers-protest-200604062308834.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3zFpFNIMe-2PXleuUEn5FCF9Y4gevcpZJm3sOo9XG_tlnRjzHt_jysdOA

How many far-right groups? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_right-wing_political_parties

Quite a few world-wide.

How many far-left groups?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_left-wing_political_parties

Quite a few world-wide.

I consider the CCP to be a nuclear armed terrorist group.

What are you going to do about all that?  I am still hoping for an asteroid impact ;-)

Political people ... I don't care what happens to me, I only care about the whole planet all at once.  Seems pretty dysfunctional to me.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1L19BBrjcI

Armed and dangerous and at large.  The police, not the man being assaulted on live tv.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 04, 2020, 10:30:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1L19BBrjcI

Armed and dangerous and at large.  The police, not the man being assaulted on live tv.

If you don't like that, I am sure you don't approve of American assisted war crimes in Ukraine, Syria, Libya, Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan.  Too graphic to be shown.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on June 02, 2020, 07:33:40 PM
Have to wonder, if this occurred 6-8 years ago with Obama in office, and if there was a pandemic the same as today back then, would the reaction have been the same? Would tensions have been the same during that period that lead to this?
No, because Obama would have dealt with it based on advice from experts rather than making up bullshit as it suited him.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on June 04, 2020, 11:03:38 PM
No, because Obama would have dealt with it based on advice from experts rather than making up bullshit as it suited him.

Magic Kenyan?  I suppose Hillary is a super-woman too.  Obama would have told the police to assist the rioters and looters ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Also in Buffalo NY, police shove elderly man to the ground and he bleeds from the head.  The initial police account was that "one person was injured when he tripped and fell."  Isn't that the sort of self-serving lying that abusive husbands engage in?

The two officers were suspended without pay and an investigation in the works.  Quick response and no "two weeks paid leave" crap?  I'm surprised.  Probably not as surprised as that old man, though.  What'd be truly surprising is if events like this where someone is gravely injured with malice start getting prosecuted as if the law applied to police and citizens equally.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 05, 2020, 01:14:21 AM
Also in Buffalo NY, police shove elderly man to the ground and he bleeds from the head.  The initial police account was that "one person was injured when he tripped and fell."  Isn't that the sort of self-serving lying that abusive husbands engage in?

The two officers were suspended without pay.  Quick response and no "two weeks paid leave" crap?  I'm surprised.  Probably not as surprised as that old man, though.  What'd be truly surprising is if events like this where someone is gravely injured with malice start getting prosecuted as if the law applied to police and citizens equally.

Collectivism is never wrong?  Some months ago, a Black hoodlum murdered an elderly man and woman, at the grave of their son, who were there because they always came on that date to grieve.  All Blacks are murderers, because one Black is a murderer?  Same as all Whites are racists, because one White is a racist?  If you don't judge people individually, then you should join the Kulaks in the Gulag.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

16th Street, Washington D.C. , which runs near the church where protesters and clergy were violently displaced so Trump could get a photo op at a church, has been renamed by the Mayor as "Black Lives Matter Plaza". But the mayor didn't stop with just that symbolic slap in Trump's face... she also invoked the 3rd Amendment to have the National Guard Trump brought in kicked out of their hotels and is informing them they are no longer welcome in the capital.

(For our foreign members, the 3rd Amendment states that the government cannot quarter troops in private property during times of peace, which was a really big deal for us as the English were doing exactly that with their Quartering Act, forcing Americans to pay for their lodging in inns, ale houses and homes.)

It's good to see the mayor reminding him that D.C. belongs to her and the people of the city, not him. For a city of over 700,000 who have no Congressional representation, the mayor doing stuff like this is about the most the city can do to assert it's own autonomy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/06/05/black-lives-matter-mural-painted-near-white-house-mayors-behest/3153364001/

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2020/06/05/utah-national-guard/

Baruch

We also need Karl Marx Blvd, Lenin Ave ... etc.  MLK Ave was OK, since he was pacifist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Bad cops spread their misconduct like a disease

QuoteBecause high-complaint officers attract like-minded colleagues,  they tend to be surrounded within the network by others like them.

Officers prone to misconduct do more than draw in others like them. The data shows that they also may be teaching their colleagues bad habits.

QuoteThe officers who had been exposed to the contagious, misconduct-prone cops at the center of complaint networks went on to show complaint rates nine times higher over the next ten years than those who hadn’t.

Their behavior often escalates beyond complaints to more serious violence. The same cops who are exposed to other high complaint officers go on to be listed on four times as many uses of force per year in the next few years. They also commit shootings at rates more than five times higher than their colleagues who weren’t exposed to misbehaving officers.

Good cops need to social distance from bad cops.  If you see something, say something.  And if you see a strangulation in process, do something.