George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zP0uoOjOr5Y

Been subscribed to rappa for awhile now. Video shows at the start an elderly African American woman, who's business and lively hood was destroyed by the riots.

There's bound to be dozens more of African American people who's homes and lives have been ruined by this.

You still think this is about black people being oppressed? If a group of white people destroyed this woman's business, it would be all over the news as racists attacking a black business owner. But because it's this by rioters that spawned from these protests, it gets ignored. Almost as if people supporting the protests might think 'sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the greater good'

Try looking at what's going on in a different way, this is no longer a single issue.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1ld1uGpXA

If your still supporting what's happening, then your ignoring the people having they're lives destroyed by this.

Moment theres an online donation page to help these people who lost livelihood because of these riots, I suggest you donate to that.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on June 03, 2020, 05:47:51 AMAlmost as if people supporting the protests might think 'sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the greater good'

Everything happened in human history so far points to yes. That's why you, as an individual, have a normal; standard life. That's why there is something called the modern state; the law; standards; modern society. Forget the damage property. Do you have any idea how many people have died horrible deaths so people can live with basic standards, have basic freedoms in Western Civilisation? Of course you don't. Because you don't understand the price of 'civilisation', how delicate it actually is, that it is not something concrete but needs constantly to be fought and managed for, how hard it was earned; specifically the Western civilisation which Westerners has been so joyfully shitting on in the last 15 years or so. Talk about clueless. Talk about dumb. That's why 'civilisation' is defined as an illusion or monster at countless times. It's the hardest thing to build, it is very easily destroyed in no time and it eats human life to grow.

I sincerely have no idea, how somebody can feel this selfish and self-entitled to a degree to see damage property only in this picture and bitch about it constantly without a tiny bit of awareness. But then you always sound to me like you are trying to please someone with what you advocate for. Not giving an opinion.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 03, 2020, 12:18:37 AM
Believe me, I was less than enthused when I realized Biden was going to be the man running against Trump. He was far from my first choice. But when it comes to him or Trump, I'm voting Biden. Yeah, I know, there are third party choices too. But let's be real. They all suck.

No, the DNC and the RNC suck.  That is why the candidates suck.  You are being led to the slaughter by evil people.  Just blaming voters is what the predators want you to think.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 03, 2020, 03:36:48 AM
https://www.nytimes.com/article/breonna-taylor-police.html

This has nothing to do with innocence. Look at this. This is the killing of one black woman, after there was 'no-knock' warrant given to search her apartment. It's a drug case. This is happening on suspicion of two men using her apartment to sell drugs. Does this look like a normal police conduct to you?

This is normal in America.  They even raid the wrong house, and kill the wrong people ;-(  Hope your police aren't such crap.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 03, 2020, 08:08:33 AM
Everything happened in human history so far points to yes. That's why you, as an individual, have a normal; standard life. That's why there is something called the modern state; the law; standards; modern society. Forget the damage property. Do you have any idea how many people have died horrible deaths so people can live with basic standards, have basic freedoms in Western Civilisation? Of course you don't. Because you don't understand the price of 'civilisation', how delicate it actually is, that it is not something concrete but needs constantly to be fought and managed for, how hard it was earned; specifically the Western civilisation which Westerners has been so joyfully shitting on in the last 15 years or so. Talk about clueless. Talk about dumb. That's why 'civilisation' is defined as an illusion or monster at countless times. It's the hardest thing to build, it is very easily destroyed in no time and it eats human life to grow.

I sincerely have no idea, how somebody can feel this selfish and self-entitled to a degree to see damage property only in this picture and bitch about it constantly without a tiny bit of awareness. But then you always sound to me like you are trying to please someone with what you advocate for. Not giving an opinion.

Humans are trash.  Property can be resold.  Unless we resort to slavery, then people are incredibly valuable ;-)

There are no human rights, no civil rights.  Just criminals and barbarians.  Who are to lazy to engage in crime every day, just sometimes.

To a communist, property is theft.  They all think like victimized Native Americans, all Rousseau all the time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 03, 2020, 01:33:44 AM
There was a news piece about a police chef telling Trump to keep his his mouth shut if he can't be constructive. He is not this one joining the protests, is he?

He is that guy. And I'm glad Houston has a police chief who knows it is the policeman's job to serve the people, not to rule over them. From what I've seen, his kind is rare.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 03, 2020, 05:28:38 AM
I can't tell if your being sarcastic or your serious.

People > property. There are people out there who claim that the rioting discredits the entire movement. Funny how the murder of black people doesn't discredit the entire police force, but the looters get to represent the whole of the BLM movement. These people whine incessantly about the riots, but they don't give AF about the countless innocent protesters, press, medical personnel, and innocent bystanders who are being harmed by the police.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

https://nypost.com/2020/06/01/looters-swipe-2-4m-worth-of-watches-from-soho-rolex-store/

Schrodinger's looters.  Not all is as it appears.  Beware your sources, especially this one.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 03, 2020, 09:44:46 AM
He is that guy. And I'm glad Houston has a police chief who knows it is the policeman's job to serve the people, not to rule over them. From what I've seen, his kind is rare.

Yeah. I like him. He gives hope.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

I cannot name them, but I have seen articles and stories about police all across the nation taking a knee with the protesters--or hugging the protesters, and I've heard of several police chiefs doing the same.  I saw one police chief linked arm and arm with protesters standing in front of his own officers.  There is hope.  But we have to have leadership to make it make any difference in the long run. 

BTW, everybody, check out what George Will has to say about Trump!  He is an older conservative who backed up Bush, for example--most vocal about his conservationism and an avid writer.  He says that not only does trump need to go, but any and all Repubs who supported him!  I really was shocked to see that. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 03, 2020, 10:00:38 AM
People > property. There are people out there who claim that the rioting discredits the entire movement. Funny how the murder of black people doesn't discredit the entire police force, but the looters get to represent the whole of the BLM movement. These people whine incessantly about the riots, but they don't give AF about the countless innocent protesters, press, medical personnel, and innocent bystanders who are being harmed by the police.

Yes, the police are evil.  White people are evil.  They are totally discredited, because George Washington kept slaves.  We need anarchy now! (AntiFa sarc).

Do rioters/looters represent BLM?  Who is claiming that?  There are infiltrators in movements (usually FBI).  In a rioting crowd, it is hard to tell who is who.

I do rhetoric that Hillary etc represents the Democrat Party.  But that is because she et al actually control the DNC.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 03, 2020, 10:07:12 AM
Yeah. I like him. He gives hope.

There are a few good people ... something is wrong with them ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 03, 2020, 10:39:32 AM
I cannot name them, but I have seen articles and stories about police all across the nation taking a knee with the protesters--or hugging the protesters, and I've heard of several police chiefs doing the same.  I saw one police chief linked arm and arm with protesters standing in front of his own officers.  There is hope.  But we have to have leadership to make it make any difference in the long run. 

BTW, everybody, check out what George Will has to say about Trump!  He is an older conservative who backed up Bush, for example--most vocal about his conservationism and an avid writer.  He says that not only does trump need to go, but any and all Repubs who supported him!  I really was shocked to see that.

There are never-trumper Repubs.  This isn't news.  These were the people who want to go to nuclear war with Syria/Russia.  A police chief who is Democrat?  I am not surprised that they support criminals and don't support Trump or any other authority outside of their Identity Politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteIf your still supporting what's happening, then your ignoring the people having they're lives destroyed by this.

So you believe all cops are murderers?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur