George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 02, 2020, 11:11:21 PM
It's getting wose.

Also, I want to see more damage.

Dems love war criminals ... George W or Barak.  That is why they want civil war led by Hillary.  It is like, compared the 80s, they were all taken over by alien pods ;-(

On a random interest ...

"Pandemic, Economic Crash, Social Unrest, And Now Four Asteroids?" ... just today.  Trump responsible.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on June 02, 2020, 10:54:34 PM
How can he de-escalate something being run from Beijing, Biden's basement, Hillary's lair and Soros mansion?

You can't think of ways a president could have addressed this situation that would have resulted in less antagonism and violence? There are actually professionals who specialize in verbal de-escalation, many of whom work for the government. Perhaps Trump should consult with them.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on June 02, 2020, 11:23:03 PM
You can't think of ways a president could have addressed this situation that would have resulted in less antagonism and violence? There are actually professionals who specialize in verbal de-escalation, many of whom work for the government. Perhaps Trump should consult with them.

Trump is an asshole.  Vote for someone else.  Don't burn down the country because they are a spoiled 3 year old.  Compromise with criminals?  Hell no.  That would be true even if Obama was still President.  I am not required to deescalate the person trying to break into or burn my house.  That is psycho.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Jesus, Baruch. Take a chill pill. The occasional double post is understandable, but when 95% of the thread is you replying to people, it's a bit much.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Houston's protest today was 60 thousand strong. I fucking love Texans, we are a different breed.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 02, 2020, 11:33:01 PM
Jesus, Baruch. Take a chill pill. The occasional double post is understandable, but when 95% of the thread is you replying to people, it's a bit much.

Then be an editor, of a closed (edited) publication.  Just like old time newspapers.  I am triggered.  This is better than the other kind.  I have continued the habit of placing multiple things in the same post, on a special thread, so people don't have to look unless they want to.

So far, no rioting or looting in my town.  I really don't want to carry heat, just to go down to the McDonald's drive-thru.  But if it happens, it happens.  Just don't get in my way or act in a threatening manner.  I am not trained to restrained response.  If my women are threatened, there is no restraint at all.

@Shiranu ... didn't know that rioters had their own cavalry ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Police Chief Art Acevedo seems like a good, rational guy. I've seen him on TV multiple times, and he always struck me as a man of integrity and honesty.

...Also apparently not a big fan of how Trump has been handling things.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2020/06/01/amanpour-houston-art-acevedo-george-floyd.cnn
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 02, 2020, 11:45:57 PM
Police Chief Art Acevedo seems like a good, rational guy. I've seen him on TV multiple times, and he always struck me as a man of integrity and honesty.

...Also apparently not a big fan of how Trump has been handling things.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2020/06/01/amanpour-houston-art-acevedo-george-floyd.cnn

Good.  Have DNC make him your candidate, not that pedophile ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on June 03, 2020, 12:09:43 AM
Good.  Have DNC make him your candidate, not that pedophile ...

Believe me, I was less than enthused when I realized Biden was going to be the man running against Trump. He was far from my first choice. But when it comes to him or Trump, I'm voting Biden. Yeah, I know, there are third party choices too. But let's be real. They all suck.
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

There was a news piece about a police chef telling Trump to keep his his mouth shut if he can't be constructive. He is not this one joining the protests, is he?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hijiri Byakuren

Rioters lost interest in my town today, so that's a plus.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

I'd like to make a correction on that^.

"IT IS BAD THAT PROPERTY BEING DESTROYED, BUT THE POLICE KILLING BLACK PEOPLE ON THE SPOT HAS TO BE STOPPED."

This is not about innocence. Or one black man. This is about the police, whose job is to serve and protect everyone, killing a specific group in a society in countless trivial altercations because of their skin colour.

Properties have insurance. Those people will be able to build them back. They'll even forget about it in time. Of course, it is very bad, why would anyone need this to be reminded or feel the need to remind?

You know what is HORRIBLE? Losing your life is horrible. A loved one murdered by the armed authority somewhere on the spot because of their skin colour is horrible. Knowing they won't get a murder sentence for what they've done is horrible. Living your life in fear, wondering if, or when this could happen to you too is horrible. None of these things being a sort of damage you can fix, get back or get away and forget all your life is horrible. That's HORRIBLE. Not property damage.

In these killings, there is judging and punishment given by the police on the spot. They're very similar to the lynchings back in history.   
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

https://www.nytimes.com/article/breonna-taylor-police.html

This has nothing to do with innocence. Look at this. This is the killing of one black woman, after there was 'no-knock' warrant given to search her apartment. It's a drug case. This is happening on suspicion of two men using her apartment to sell drugs. Does this look like a normal police conduct to you?

QuoteWhat happened in Louisville?
Shortly after midnight on March 13, Louisville police, executing a search warrant, used a battering ram to crash into the apartment of Breonna Taylor, a 26-year-old African-American emergency room technician. After a brief confrontation, they fired several shots, striking her at least eight times.

According to The Louisville Courier Journal, the police were investigating two men who they believed were selling drugs out of a house that was far from Ms. Taylor%u2019s home. But a judge had also signed a warrant allowing the police to search Ms. Taylor%u2019s residence because the police said they believed that one of the two men had used her apartment to receive packages. The judge%u2019s order was a so-called %u201Cno-knock%u201D warrant, which allowed the police to enter without warning or without identifying themselves as law enforcement.

Draconic Aiur