George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 02, 2020, 06:31:35 PM
Trump's trying to declare war on American citizens. Why am I not surprised?

Confederates/Democrats were never American citizens ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on June 02, 2020, 04:02:41 PM
The white supremacists are in the police force, no doubt about it. I would like to know if they are using the chaos as a cover to go full nazi chimpout, or if they're following some nefarious orders from white supremacists secret club *coughkkkcough*.

Black criminals are in the 'hood.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 02, 2020, 03:44:42 PM
Name one.

College students should all be drafted and sent to Vietnam, until they grow up ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 02, 2020, 04:23:18 PM
heres some positive in all this mess.

https://twitter.com/angeldigit/status/1267751644198047746

homeless man in Austin, everything he owned was destroyed by the rioters. But the local community stepped in and gave him a new tent, bed, money and everything to survive.

"Broken Glass Theory" ... disaster is good for the construction business ... I am not sure that is a good thing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 02, 2020, 04:24:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ekMHN1C.mp4

1) Cop tackles black man (don't know if it was provoked or unprovoked)
2) Cop plants baton on black man
3) Cop starts smashing this guy's hand to "disarm" him, very likely to claim later that the subdued black man was attacking him and everything the cop was doing was in self-defense

If this wasn't on camera, who would you believe?

Young cop in a small town I lived in, planted MJ butts on people he didn't like, so he could arrest them ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 02, 2020, 07:48:31 PM
Trump wants to Make America Grovel Again.

Save one's effort, let an earthquake destroy San Fran and Silicon Valley ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Recent statements by George W. Bush:

"Laura and I are anguished by the brutal suffocation of George Floyd and disturbed by the injustice and fear that suffocate our country. Yet we have resisted the urge to speak out, because this is not the time for us to lecture. It is time for us to listen.

"It is time for America to examine our tragic failures ― and as we do, we will also see some of our redeeming strengths."

God, what I would give to have Bush as president again. Anyone but Trump. I'd even take this guy:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

"Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post."

Oh, Jesus. They're all from Baruch, aren't they?

*Scrolls down.*

Yup.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on June 02, 2020, 07:56:19 PM
No. Americans are much more polarized now than four years ago. Also Trump isn't trying to de-escalate the situation, he's trying to intimidate people like an angry boss. He's completely out of his depth. The failure of government on the federal and state level to effectively address the pandemic has revealed multiple systemic breakdowns. In the past, Americans pulled together in times of crisis but not during this pandemic. Americans aren't worried about Russia, China or immigrants from Mexico, they have identified groups of other Americans as the enemy.

How can he de-escalate something being run from Beijing, Biden's basement, Hillary's lair and Soros mansion?

Other groups of Americans have always been the enemy ... Tories in 1700s, Confederates 1800s, Axis or Commie simps in the 1900s.  You are deluded.  Just ask the Native Americans.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 02, 2020, 08:33:26 PM
Obama (nor Bush--yes war criminal Bush, nor Clinton, nor Daddy Bush, nor any other president in our history) would not have let the pandemic get to this stage.  He would have handled this situation as he did Ferguson.  He was a leader.  No matter what excuses you want to give to the orange monster he is not a leader.  He does not like people.  He loves money and power and that's it.  Why you refuse to see this is beyond my ability to understand.

You are entitled to our opinion.  Voted for Obama twice, but not because he was a doctor, or a superhero.  How did the pandemic get to this level?  Because of all the China shit the American deplorables bought from China, to enable an ever bolder and more aggressive Communist menace.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 02, 2020, 09:40:28 PM
I'm just waiting for when the new virus spread sparks up because of these protests and riots, because it went from a case of staying indoors to save lives from the disease and support doctors and nurses from making things harder on them, to now just ignoring all that.

Americans are evil bastards (ask any Red Coat from 1700s).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 02, 2020, 09:52:41 PM
Yeah, well murder has a way of freaking people out.  Plus, it seems kinda messed up for nurses and doctors to save lives only for cops to snuff them out.

But yeah, I'm bracing for a fresh wave (is this our second or third?  Or did the first one never really stop?).  There has been some effort for people to maintain social distancing, though of course that goes all out the window when the shit hits the fan.

Murder happens every day.  Even cops murder, probably about one a day.  Back in the day, we didn't have instant access to all the bad news.  Because of this, I am entitled to do criminal acts ... because life is so unfair ... snif, snif.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 02, 2020, 10:17:19 PM
You say the strangest things. If this happened during Obama's term, he would not have spread misinformation, or claimed that the virus was a hoax, or an excuse for Republicans to try to make him look bad. When riots broke out, he would do what he could to calm things down, rather than make things worse. Obama wouldn't have been able to fix everything with a magic wand, but if we had virtually anyone other than the current idiot in charge, things would be much better. We literally have the worst possible person to lead us through the year 2020.

Duh. Whoever said that there wasn't? The point is, every time Trump takes to Twitter, he riles people up. Obama never threatened to treat American citizens like they are terrorists to be gunned down. Trump didn't make people racist (again, duh, but I can just hear that strawman coming from your keyboard), but he did embolden racists by giving them legitimacy. Every year he spends in office is a decade of progress lost.

There is no progress.  Every day a new White bastard is born.  Every day a new Black bastard is born.  Just because you want "progress" doesn't mean it has happened or will happen.  I find Dems, if they support rioting and looting, to be un-American in a way that says .. they have no right to life ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on June 02, 2020, 07:46:53 PM
I doubt it, because Obama was a leader and didn't make everything about himself and his might.

A war criminal who started 4 wars.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 02, 2020, 10:52:56 PM
Recent statements by George W. Bush:

"Laura and I are anguished by the brutal suffocation of George Floyd and disturbed by the injustice and fear that suffocate our country. Yet we have resisted the urge to speak out, because this is not the time for us to lecture. It is time for us to listen.

"It is time for America to examine our tragic failures ― and as we do, we will also see some of our redeeming strengths."

God, what I would give to have Bush as president again. Anyone but Trump. I'd even take this guy:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

"Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post."

*Scrolls down.*

Yup.

Dems love George W now, even Michele Obama loves him.  His paintings are so cute ...

Y'all like the Bush family so much, you want JEB to be the Dem nominee, right ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 02, 2020, 10:52:56 PM

*Scrolls down.*

Yup.

It's getting worse.

Also, I want to see more damage in the USA.