George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 02, 2020, 01:58:23 AM
I thought it is because the existence of VPN means something illegal might begoing  on. It is illegal here.

They killed a young kurdish man yesterday and I don't believe anything about it.

Depends on local (national) law.  Internet is most restricted of all, in China and Iran.  For obvious reasons.  TOR (anonymity tool) is a Dark Net tool too.  But it is as trustworthy as a double agent, so I am told.  It was created for use by dissidents in non-US countries, and for US agents to use.  If you use it, the NSA etc will notice.  As they probably notice if an American uses a VPN (who isn't government).  We had to use government VPN from home, on the rare times we worked our government jobs from home.  Since it is a government VPN, obviously the government can see what you are doing, but it is hard for China to see it ;-)  If you use non-standard encryption, it doesn't have a backdoor for the authorities, and that catches their notice too.

Complete anonymity isn't possible on a public network ... it is like locking your car.  It only keeps amateurs out.  I know a little.  Worked with a Certified Ethical Hacker at my government job, and I took some training in it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Anonymity? Facebook has 2 billion 600 million, Instagram over one billion members. And 3.5 billion people still don't have access to internet on the planet. People keep saying they want privacy and anonymity but they keep flaunting all their lives online. I think they just want to be seen in a certain way that is the problem. 

Also why would anyone -government or anyone- want to spend energy and time to hack ordinary people like us? You really don't need to hack into people's computers to learn about them or what they're up to in my opinion.

Other than that they have collected information for years. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

100+ instances of police assaulting the media and destroying their equipment
(https://twitter.com/N_Waters89/status/1266670730441379844)
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 02, 2020, 07:11:35 AM
Anonymity? Facebook has 2 billion 600 million, Instagram over one billion members. And 3.5 billion people still don't have access to internet on the planet. People keep saying they want privacy and anonymity but they keep flaunting all their lives online. I think they just want to be seen in a certain way that is the problem. 

Also why would anyone -government or anyone- want to spend energy and time to hack ordinary people like us? You really don't need to hack into people's computers to learn about them or what they're up to in my opinion.

Other than that they have collected information for years.

NSA listens to every phone call ... via computer algorithm.  The Elite always distrust and suppress the Mob.  Got "bread and circuses"?

I wasn't suggesting you needed anonymity.  You aren't a wanted criminal, are you? (rhetorical).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 02, 2020, 09:55:06 AM
100+ instances of police assaulting the media and destroying their equipment
(https://twitter.com/N_Waters89/status/1266670730441379844)

FEMA camp for those assholes (MSM).

The average human being is a psychopath.  Some of them are also sociopaths.  Not All Rioters ... NAR! NAR!  Disagree?  Only if you are a F**** psychopath.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRmcps4Z--w

Arrest all the anarchists, nihilists, communists and ... regular criminals let out of jail because of Covid.

"No one in charge stood up to save America. Our leaders dithered. They cowered. They openly sided with the destroyers. In many cases, they egged them on. ... All our leaders do is set us against each other. They stage a never-ending national cockfight for their profit and amusement. ...  Enforcing the law is not white supremacy. Insisting that everyone in the country follow the same rules is not racism. - Tucker Carlson (the only decent guy in MSM).

Oh, send all Dem leaders to Guantanamo.  Round up all Dem traitors for FEMA camp reeducation.  Should have happened under Nixon.  Nixon did nothing wrong.

"Pelosi, Schumer condemn President Trump for tear-gassing protesters outside White House" ... leaders of the "pack".  Save time, just shoot these traitors (sarc).

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

White nationalists posing as Antifa and a large percentage of the violent rioters being shipped into cities are right wing, but you know... "ThE lEfTiStS dId ThIs!"

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 02, 2020, 01:58:23 AM
I thought it is because the existence of VPN means something illegal might be going on. It is illegal here.

They killed a young kurdish man yesterday and I don't believe anything about it.

VPNs aren't illegal. Not here, anyway. Their main purpose is to encrypt your data to make it harder to steal. They also advertise your ability to set your location anywhere in the world. Websites can't tell the difference between someone actually living in a region or a VPN making it look like they are from there.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 02, 2020, 12:35:18 PM
White nationalists posing as Antifa and a large percentage of the violent rioters being shipped into cities are right wing, but you know... "ThE lEfTiStS dId ThIs!"

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456

White people are Black people in disguise.  Cops are rioters in disguise.  Dems are Republicans in disguise.  How do I know this?  Alex Jones! ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 02, 2020, 12:43:50 PM
There's a special kind of irony in using a meme to accuse others of groupthink.

Are you so individualist, you aren't a member of any group, you are your own species?  Based!

No, not groupthink.  Communist scum don't think at all ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 02, 2020, 12:47:28 PM
VPNs aren't illegal. Not here, anyway. Their main purpose is to encrypt your data to make it harder to steal. They also advertise your ability to set your location anywhere in the world. Websites can't tell the difference between someone actually living in a region or a VPN making it look like they are from there.

Well, I have checked. Although it is prohibited, it is not a crime here either. Apparently nobody is charged with something like it. I know, it is very common. Yes, I get how it works. Thanks though. But I didn't get how it is used with sites like Netflix because as far as I know as movie lists are different in each countries, Netflix doesn't work with VPN. Or so I was told by someone living in the States. They probably found a way though.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp