George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Anyway I'm, OFF. You are like the the strange and the estranged family of idiots for me. I worry about you, I love you, but I couldn't care less about you...and what the fuck yap yap yap you fucking piece of shits.

Your country is in grave danger. You PEOPLE should come together and protect each other. You need to own up to this and act accordingly.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Sal1981

Gee, thanks for thinking so highly of us.

GSOgymrat

Greensboro is now under curfew from 8:00 pm to 6:00 am until further notice. I've never experienced a curfew before, not that I would want to leave my residence. My employer also sent out a reminder of the social media policy that posts containing discriminatory language, harassment, threats of violence or unlawful conduct may result in termination.

drunkenshoe

I'm sorry. Oh. I do apologise. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 01, 2020, 04:52:34 AM
Munch, this is by far the greatest issue of the States. And people are worried, scared for their country. There is no leadership, there is a incompetent fucktard. We are in the middle of a global outbreak. 

You are the only person who is talking about 'feminism' or gender movements to blame a long coming battle and people who are absolutey right about their rage and trying to fight against naked agression targeted to them. And when told that you have zero self awareness, you are telling me, a middle eastern woman who is -has to be- concerned for human rights far before anything else in the place she lives that you know this is the only perspective she sees things from and that you cannot be called a 'right winger' because you don't vote.

It's so obvious you have never been to a protest. Like many others here. Well, I have. In different periods with different issues and different governments. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PEACEFUL PROTEST. If you are having peaceful protests then you are a spoilt piece of shit with no real issues, problems who is having a picnic to post a selfie to your social media account. Or you are a member of a specific group.

If you had a tiny bit of historical perspective you would understand this. You have no idea what is a movement, what is a cause or understand the difference betwen real life issues in a society and internet videos/sites produced to make money or political propaganda.

I was looking at the funny pictures/videos threads the other day. With pr's absence it's become more conspicous that you seem to be the only person who is posting the same kind of gender memes, videos made by brain damaged teenagers about women, movies and so on.

I have never seen a gay man who is supposedly content with his life lashing out to anything related to women this much with no provocation at all. Then as I said before, I doubt if you have an opinion of your own.

Just to make it clear. Countless videos and countless memes, sites produced in the last 15 years don't mean shit. Yeah they are that old. Not even that old actually. People who think they are criticising or somehow negating, manipulating, doing something against these modern movements by that culture -be it feminism or BLM Or whatever- are the dumbest people alive. And the rest is making money from it. Reality is very different than gaming memes about women who wants to be men. Infact, it is another universe.

So these movements, they're not going anywhere. Given that you don't threaten their existence, they're not going to harm you even in the worst scenario. BUT the set of ideas or ideologies; the side you support will look for, find and harm people like you. This is not a joke. This is the right wing understanding. The fact that you can't get this or think that nothing's going to happen where you live in this level doesn't change this outcome. It's not flexible. Vote or don't vote, right wing state of mind is exactly like religion. That's its nature and what it gets its power from. 

Please, don't babble about the same things over and over again or try to inform me about my perspective in life. You have zero awareness of the current trends, simplest dynamics in your own country.

wanted to go into a long reply, but I've realized looking at your other posts it won't be worth doing so. My original statements were that any group, ones you hate, ones you follow, become corrupted by toxic people and they end up destroying the original message and turning any movement into something shit.

I can tell your afraid however, and thats just making you lash out. So it won't benefit me anything to go into this with you. End of the day I don't want to see anyone hurt because of the mess happening over where you all are, I'd sooner this all die down quick like any other regular joe would want.

Whatever differences of opinion and ideals we might have I'd sooner everyone just get through this and safe out the other side. Just stay away from the riots as much as you can and protest safely online.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 01, 2020, 04:19:12 PM
wanted to go into a long reply, but I've realized looking at your other posts it won't be worth doing so. My original statements were that any group, ones you hate, ones you follow, become corrupted by toxic people and they end up destroying the original message and turning any movement into something shit.

I can tell your afraid however, and thats just making you lash out. So it won't benefit me anything to go into this with you. End of the day I don't want to see anyone hurt because of the mess happening over where you all are, I'd sooner this all die down quick like any other regular joe would want.

Whatever differences of opinion and ideals we might have I'd sooner everyone just get through this and safe out the other side. Just stay away from the riots as much as you can and protest safely online.

“LEFTIST JOURNALIST SHOCKED THAT THE RIOTERS DESTROYED HER OFFICE, JOURNALISTS ARE NOT SPECIAL” - Who is who?  Not everyone is a "crisis actor" but some of them can be.  Sometimes both antagonists are ... but don't know they other guy is an undercover cop.  Again, why is Target targeted?  Walmart terrorist army?  Good thing K-Mart is already dead ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Good news ... in a sad way ...

"George Floyd's family releases independent autopsy showing death caused by asphyxia from sustained pressure" ... paid for by Lloyd family.  It differs from the "official" one.  I tend to trust this one more than the "protect all cops" one.  So definitely manslaughter, depending on how deliberate it was.  They cop had like 17 prior charges of police excessive force.

So premature judgement on cause of death is cleared.  Premature judgement on motivation/liability will remain with the court.  Hypothetical .. what if Mr Lloyd was going to turn this cop in for drug dealing?  That would give the cop motivation for at least second degree murder.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on June 01, 2020, 03:22:51 PM
Greensboro is now under curfew from 8:00 pm to 6:00 am until further notice.
Me too.  Not that I was planning on going anywhere anyway.  Curfew buddies!

Hydra009

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2020/06/its-not-fair-to-judge-all-police-officers-based-on-the-few-bad-apples-we-violently-defend-at-all-costs/ (note: satire similar to The Onion)

Just one bad apple.  And three more bad apples who looked on.  And a few dozen more bad apples who took unprovoked shots at reporters and medics and passerby.  And the bad apples who go unreported and unremarked every year.

But statistically, the apple basket is fine.  Reach in, see what you get.  Whatever it is, I'm sure it was deserved.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on June 01, 2020, 04:53:13 PM
Good news ... in a sad way ...

"George Floyd's family releases independent autopsy showing death caused by asphyxia from sustained pressure" ... paid for by Lloyd family.  It differs from the "official" one.  I tend to trust this one more than the "protect all cops" one.  So definitely manslaughter, depending on how deliberate it was.  They cop had like 17 prior charges of police excessive force.

So premature judgement on cause of death is cleared.  Premature judgement on motivation/liability will remain with the court.  Hypothetical .. what if Mr Lloyd was going to turn this cop in for drug dealing?  That would give the cop motivation for at least second degree murder.

George's family have also called out for restraint to be held on these riots. Clearly they don't want his death to be remembered as something that lead to the kind of chaos happening right now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/george-floyd-family-urge-people-to-do-this-another-way-and-vote-rather-than-cause-violence-11998827

His own brother, of if anyone deserves a right to destroy something its him, if he can say stop destroying peoples lives and communities, then anyone else backing these riots needs to shut the fuck up.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 01, 2020, 05:02:34 PM
https://www.thebeaverton.com/2020/06/its-not-fair-to-judge-all-police-officers-based-on-the-few-bad-apples-we-violently-defend-at-all-costs/ (note: satire similar to The Onion)

Just one bad apple.  And four more bad apples who looked on.  And a few dozen more bad apples who took unprovoked shots at reporters and medics and passerby.  And the bad apples who go unreported and unremarked every year.

But statistically, the apple basket is fine.  Reach in, see what you get.  Whatever it is, I'm sure it was deserved.

It is never safe to interact with police or firemen on duty!  You touch either of my nephews, I will give them permission to deal harshly with you!

Unfortunately, it seems the governors/mayors were slow in setting curfew.  They want to be all things to all people ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Riots finally hit my hometown, even though it's in the arse end of nowhere. Whole thing's taken on a life of its own now.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

BBQ joint owner who fed cops for free shot and killed in Louisville

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/man-killed-louisville-police-national-guard-protests

Riot police trying to destroy media camera and assaulting cameraman

https://twitter.com/MLevineReports/status/1267588759794716677

Police throwing reporter to ground, pepper spraying him after showing press ID

https://twitter.com/MichaelAdams317/status/1266945268567678976

Reporter shot at during live segment, loses eye

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/30/us/minneapolis-protests-press.html
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

rioters in dallas beat the shit out of a store owner outside his shop.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8373657/Shocking-moment-Dallas-rioters-hurl-ROCKS-store-owner-tried-defend-shop-sword.html

black security guard shot dead by rioters in a court house.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/federal-law-enforcement-officer-killed-in-oakland-protest-identified

rioters destroy the bar brought by a black fireman with his life savings leaving him with no way to restore it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rioters-destroy-bar-black-minneapolis-191303655.html

rioters burn down an affordable housing project for low income housing set to open next year.

http://tcbmag.com/news/articles/2020/may/protest-violence-destroys-30m-affordable-housing-project