George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

This is troubling, but the country IS losing control, not just the government.  Although our leaders have been fanning the political flames for years, and I believe are largely responsible for much of the division. Then something like this happens, and everyone seems surprised, like they didn't see it coming.  The thing is that most of us sense this, but it's always a surprise when it happens.  I still doubt that this is any sort of final episode for the US.  We will continue our downward struggle.  But eventually, the experiment will end, I think.  I don't think what we call democracy will end suddenly. It will just erode, but no one will be able to agree on the date until 100 years afterwards when historians will just mark it as a time period, and will describe it as, "before the rise of Rittenhouse."

It's also likely that the current government will not disappear.  Who's going to disappear it?  The Michigan Militia?  There will still be voting and protests, but the government will endure.  It's the group with the most weapons and the biggest military.  It doesn't have to change just because people are mad.  It can take care of itself.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on June 01, 2020, 10:09:08 AM
I still doubt that this is any sort of final episode for the US.

Of course, it isn't. Pffft. Guys sometimes I wonder about you.

On the contrary, it will take time, but the change will be much better. Yes, the life is never going to be the same, again I insist, it will be much better in time.

But I don't agree that this is an experiment. It's a real struggle. Own up to it.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 01, 2020, 10:08:27 AM
NO. Nothing is ending. Yes, horrifying things are happening right now. It could get worse and even worse. But it is not gonna stay that way. And if it doesn't get worse, it can't get better. You are going to get through this. You have gone through far worse times.

People need to stay calm, organise and need to help each other. Don't give way to fear and panic.

Horrifying?  Wait until nuclear war starts ;-(  Snowflakes melt in nuclear fireballs.

Every day is an experiment in survival.  Don't have survival skills?  You won't survive.  The first survival skill is avoiding violent conflict.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Why are you all so fucking alienated about this? Why don't you own up to it? This is a real struggle. And it's yours. This is going to determine all your lives from now on.

One is acting like a child, others sound like talking about something happening in another continent ffs. It is like I do believe in you more than you believe in anything.

Yes, it is horrifying, we are in a worse phase, I live in constant fear too. And?

When it is necessary, you should go out too. This is it! Your life has potentially changed forever. Black or white or blue or pruple.

Maybe, it is time to embrace this and become a nation,eh?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 01, 2020, 10:16:08 AM
But I don't agree that this is an experiment. It's a real struggle.
We are talking past each other as we often have in the past.  The struggle is real, not an experiment.  The experiment is democracy, and this is not my idea.  In our own texts, democracy is often referred to as an experiment, because well, that's what it was, and we are still waiting for the results.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on June 01, 2020, 11:41:16 AM
We are talking past each other as we often have in the past.  The struggle is real, not an experiment.  The experiment is democracy, and this is not my idea.  In our own texts, democracy is often referred to as an experiment, because well, that's what it was, and we are still waiting for the results.

The past is a present battle field now. It doesn't have to be your idea. You are talking like an academic addressing a class of students. This is your fucking country. This is your people. Unfortunately, this the historical practice that has never changed. It hasn't changed since the dawn of human.

Please get this. This is yours, you need to embrace this. And you need to own up to it even if you are not there! Doesn't matter, if you go out or not. This is your fight! This is your battle! This is NOT an American struggle, this is THE AMERICAN STRUGGLE.

It's going to be OK. It will be OK. You will get out of this.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 01, 2020, 11:00:21 AM
Why are you all so fucking alienated about this? Why don't you own up to it? This is a real struggle. And it's yours. This is going to determine all your lives from now on.

One is acting like a child, others sound like talking about something happening in another continent ffs. It is like I do believe in you more than you believe in anything.

Yes, it is horrifying, we are in a worse phase, I live in constant fear too. And?

When it is necessary, you should go out too. This is it! Your life has potentially changed forever. Black or white or blue or pruple.

Maybe, it is time to embrace this and become a nation,eh?

A struggle to achieve Marxist version of Plato's Republic?  You aren't a Guardian ... that is a British newspaper ;-)

I have wanted (as a sin) that the Dems are more guilty than the Repubs ... but I know in my head it isn't so, they are equally guilty.  Fortunately it isn't my job to judge or punish people, or a lot of people would die.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 01, 2020, 12:04:25 PM
The past is a present battle field now. It doesn't have to be your idea. You are talking like an academic addressing a class of students. This is your fucking country. This is your people. Unfortunately, this the historical practice that has never changed. It hasn't changed since the dawn of human.

Please get this. This is yours, you need to embrace this. And you need to own up to it even if you are not there! Doesn't matter, if you go out or not. This is your fight! This is your battle! This is NOT an American struggle, this is THE AMERICAN STRUGGLE.

It's going to be OK. It will be OK. You will get out of this.

In my case, I have told my daughter, and people here, the future is up to the 20-60 year olds.  Us seniors are done!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Baruch, please get the fuck out of my face.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 01, 2020, 12:31:30 PM
Baruch, please get the fuck out of my face.

Go make love, not war.  Like your perspective (but wordy).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 01, 2020, 09:06:28 AM
There is an unbelievable censorship. It's practically blocked. Comic books sneek peak comes up when you search "June 1 2020 DC shootings".

Use a VPN and set it to a EU country or anywhere other than the U.S. These results I get back when I search that:

Sal1981

Otherwise the mayor from DC has given a press release 2 hours ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX0T6IkdXcQ

drunkenshoe

Why would I use VPN? Why anyone here use VPN? That just means  it's illegal.

Blackleaf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 01, 2020, 01:17:51 PM
Why would I use VPN? Why anyone here use VPN? That just means  it's illegal.

Exactly how stupid you are?

1. A VPN protects your data. Keeps hackers from getting your information and stealing your identity.

2. It allows you to trick the internet into thinking you're someplace else, allowing you to see things you can't normally see. Usually, people do this to watch The Office on Netflix, but now, apparently it allows us to see what is being supressed from American media.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--