George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

QuoteTake your meds and you'll stop seeing Russians hiding in your closet.  Outside agitators, sure.  Not those sinister Russians who have been running everything since 2015.

I agree with everything else you say, but... our intelligence community believes the Russians have been taking steps to cause social strife in the United States. Independent journalists believe this to be the case. We literally have evidence of the Russians doing it in multiple countries in Europe, and their dictator is ex-KGB... as well as many members of their ruling caste.

You really think they are going to look at literally the most perfect opportunity to cause more division and say, "Nah, we're good. I think we will sit this one out."?

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on May 31, 2020, 10:52:21 PM

I think that might literally be the worst possible example of non-violence being effective you could have picked.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 31, 2020, 11:48:01 PM
I think that might literally be the worst possible example of non-violence being effective you could have picked.

Probably before you were even born ;-)

So if China murders Hong Kong, will you protest that?  If they invade Taiwan, will you join up with the Marines?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 31, 2020, 11:46:21 PM
I agree with everything else you say, but... our intelligence community believes the Russians have been taking steps to cause social strife in the United States. Independent journalists believe this to be the case. We literally have evidence of the Russians doing it in multiple countries in Europe, and their dictator is ex-KGB... as well as many members of their ruling caste.

You really think they are going to look at literally the most perfect opportunity to cause more division and say, "Nah, we're good. I think we will sit this one out."?

There are over 200 nations in the world.  Everyone of them hates the US (and every other country).  They all interfere in each others "business".  When will you call out for the destruction of China?  What is naive is to think this is abnormal.  I support the Russians and the KGB, if for no other reason than they aren't Beta males ;-)  It was weak of the Chicoms to release Covid outside of China.  It is chad to target military (like in Crimea and E Ukraine).  It is chad for them to support Assad in Syria.

Do you object to Russians because they aren't pro-gay, are White?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc_ALE4oGSE

I am in favor of Russians, same as I am in favor of all ethnic groups.  Some do better than others, due to cultural lag and bad circumstances.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on May 31, 2020, 11:48:01 PMI think that might literally be the worst possible example of non-violence being effective you could have picked.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think his argument is that protests don't result in change.  Or don't always result in change, which would be a more sensible position, considering the obvious example of gay rights.  People put pressure of lawmakers for literally decades, but eventually, some progress was made.

And while I lean towards pessimism when it comes to taking to the streets, imo the main reason cops are (sometimes) held (somewhat) accountable at all is because of 1) video evidence 2) public outcry.

Imho most of these protests would die off instantly if there were just two reforms 1) mandatory body cams 2) serious prosecution of police brutality wherever it happens

Blackleaf

So if peaceful protests don't work, and riots don't work, exactly what should people be doing? Sitting at home, doing nothing?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 31, 2020, 11:56:39 PM
I'm not entirely sure, but I think his argument is that protests don't result in change.  Or don't always result in change, which would be a more sensible position, considering the obvious example of gay rights.  People put pressure of lawmakers for literally decades, but eventually, some progress was made.

And while I lean towards pessimism when it comes to taking to the streets, imo the main reason cops are (sometimes) held (somewhat) accountable at all is because of 1) video evidence 2) public outcry.

Imho most of these protests would die off instantly if there were just two reforms 1) mandatory body cams 2) serious prosecution of police brutality wherever it happens

There probably wouldn't be any riots to begin with if police weren't shooting indiscriminately, without provocation. The police are actively provoking people, and people blame the protesters when things escalate. The way these cops have been reacting has only proved the protesters right.

Also, I find it funny how only a few weeks ago, white people raided government buildings, with guns. Yet the police felt no need to pepper spray them or shoot them with rubber/wooden bullets. Can you imagine how Conservatives would have reacted if they had? They would have declared fucking civil war. And now they have the nerve to criticize BLM. Fucking hypocrites, all of them.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

"They arrested thousands of people to avoid arresting four."

Scenes outside the White House tonight...

And 215 year old St. John's Church, where every president since Madison has been inaugurated, had it's basement lit on fire tonight. The extent of the damage is currently unknown.

----

It's not the violent protesters the police are targeting, either. It's peaceful protesters who are being arrested and beaten.

https://twitter.com/sweeeetdee_/status/1267319103167107072https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1267324994327056384

According to multiple witnesses across multiple cities, the cops are also specifically targeting medics and medical tents with tear gas, "non-lethal" ammunition and for arresting.

Hijiri Byakuren

American soldiers on the battlefield have stricter terms of engagement than American cops on the comparatively safe streets here at home.

My uncle was only involved in a single firefight during any of his tours in Afghanistan. In the heat of battle, with bullets flying and adrenaline putting his body on overload, he was still able to correctly distinguish between armed and unarmed men, and even then only fired upon those armed men who actually raised their weapons. Several prisoners were taken, but no one died that day who didn't absolutely need to.

Officer Chauvin killed an unarmed man he had already cuffed and subdued.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 01, 2020, 12:39:37 AM
So if peaceful protests don't work, and riots don't work, exactly what should people be doing? Sitting at home, doing nothing?

A war would do it. The sequel the South's been waiting for.

drunkenshoe

Munch, this is by far the greatest issue of the States. And people are worried, scared for their country. There is no leadership, there is a incompetent fucktard. We are in the middle of a global outbreak. 

You are the only person who is talking about 'feminism' or gender movements to blame a long coming battle and people who are absolutey right about their rage and trying to fight against naked agression targeted to them. And when told that you have zero self awareness, you are telling me, a middle eastern woman who is -has to be- concerned for human rights far before anything else in the place she lives that you know this is the only perspective she sees things from and that you cannot be called a 'right winger' because you don't vote.

It's so obvious you have never been to a protest. Like many others here. Well, I have. In different periods with different issues and different governments. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PEACEFUL PROTEST. If you are having peaceful protests then you are a spoilt piece of shit with no real issues, problems who is having a picnic to post a selfie to your social media account. Or you are a member of a specific group.

If you had a tiny bit of historical perspective you would understand this. You have no idea what is a movement, what is a cause or understand the difference betwen real life issues in a society and internet videos/sites produced to make money or political propaganda.

I was looking at the funny pictures/videos threads the other day. With pr's absence it's become more conspicous that you seem to be the only person who is posting the same kind of gender memes, videos made by brain damaged teenagers about women, movies and so on.

I have never seen a gay man who is supposedly content with his life lashing out to anything related to women this much with no provocation at all. Then as I said before, I doubt if you have an opinion of your own.

Just to make it clear. Countless videos and countless memes, sites produced in the last 15 years don't mean shit. Yeah they are that old. Not even that old actually. People who think they are criticising or somehow negating, manipulating, doing something against these modern movements by that culture -be it feminism or BLM Or whatever- are the dumbest people alive. And the rest is making money from it. Reality is very different than gaming memes about women who wants to be men. Infact, it is another universe.

So these movements, they're not going anywhere. Given that you don't threaten their existence, they're not going to harm you even in the worst scenario. BUT the set of ideas or ideologies; the side you support will look for, find and harm people like you. This is not a joke. This is the right wing understanding. The fact that you can't get this or think that nothing's going to happen where you live in this level doesn't change this outcome. It's not flexible. Vote or don't vote, right wing state of mind is exactly like religion. That's its nature and what it gets its power from. 

Please, don't babble about the same things over and over again or try to inform me about my perspective in life. You have zero awareness of the current trends, simplest dynamics in your own country.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on May 31, 2020, 11:46:21 PM

Reminds me what CIA has done -and still doing- in multiple countries for decades with Gladio operations. Any country who has the power to do it, would do it. It's not unique to Russian American relations, they are just the masters of it.

Having said that, the 'perfect opportunity' aside, 'the American intelligence think' doesn't sound convincing to anyone anymore. Infact, beyond that if you guys think the American intelligence itself not already using this opportunity, I'll be dissapointed with your vision and intelligence. It's not a conspiracy theory, it is simple, basic strategy for them.

Aren't you people sick of this bullshit? Elections: Russians did it! Protests: Russians pushed it! Outbreak: Chinese did it! This did it, that did it.

Under these circumstances, you should take this as a domestic provocation itself.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

There is this video going around, 3 white cops cuffing a black man who is supposedly an FBI agent. Is this new, has any of you seen it?  Alot of people keeps saying he is not FBI. But they uncuff him immediately after checking his ID and he keeps calling them 'fucking stupid'. Another black man would be on the floor.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267339546921848837

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267333317927395329

Baruch

The Dems, ironically, want to kill the South … because they weren't Dems 100 years ago, they were Republicans.  They switched uniforms around 1970, remember?  LBJ tricked them into it.  And the South abandoned the Dems, and went Republican.

One can't escape history, because we are history, we can't escape ourselves.  Not the US, not Turkey.

What should be done?  If the problem is politics, the solution isn't more politics.  Don't think or act collectively, you are being played.  The persistent idea that this is completely spontaneous is propaganda by those who benefit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 01, 2020, 06:24:01 AM
There is this video going around, 3 white cops cuffing a black man who is supposedly an FBI agent. Is this new, has any of you seen it?  Alot of people keeps saying he is not FBI. But they uncuff him immediately after checking his ID and he keeps calling them 'fucking stupid'. Another black man would be on the floor.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267339546921848837

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267333317927395329

Apparently it is from a year ago, and he isn't FBI. Saw the link to his instagram post earlier, but that was on my phone.

I'm honestly not sure how he got away with that without having the shit beat out of him. Lucky guy.