George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Violent protests are what happen when peaceful protests don't work. A black man is killed unjustly, protest, nothing is done. A black man is killed unjustly, protest, nothing is done. A black man is killed unjustly, protest, nothing is done. A black man is killed unjustly, protest, nothing is done. A black man is killed unjustly, protest, nothing is done. A black man is killed unjustly, protest, nothing is done. A black man is killed unjustly, protest, nothing is done. A black man is killed unjustly, protest, nothing is done. A black man is killed unjustly, protest, nothing is done.

A black man is killed unjustly, violent protest, finally getting some fucking results.

Say what you want about peaceful protests, but a vast majority of people simply won't respond until they are directly affected. Riots are pretty damned effective at waking that crowd up, for better or worse.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Welcome back, Hijiri.  You are missed ;-)

"Thousands protest in London over death of George Floyd" ... is Sadik Khan also a Chicom agent?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on May 31, 2020, 01:55:52 PM
Welcome back, Hijiri.  You are missed ;-)

"Thousands protest in London over death of George Floyd" ... is Sadik Khan also a Chicom agent?

I don't get it. In america can say for sure theres a purpose to the violent protests because of the broken system there. But here, in the uk, there isn't that kind police brutality, the kind of level america has.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_by_country

I don't know what the aim is with these ones in london, if its to call for the uk to tell america to clean up its act, or if the outrage has pushed some delusion that non-white people have it as bad here as in america.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 31, 2020, 04:51:16 AM
A British gay man who obviously hasn't fought or struggled for any rights he enjoys has declared 'modern movements' as cannot be 'trusted' because of dem feminists and similar groups. Modern movements. Modern. Movements. LOL Which if not for them, and the dem leftists, as a 'homosexual' he would be in prison being raped or outside being raped and then beaten to death.

Tell your boyfriend to make a list and save it for the fast growing Neo nazi groups, far right fanatics in the UK fueled by the Brexit. Because when Brexit takes its toll and they start attacking systematically to any 'undesirable' groups from Polish to Muslims, he'll find that he is HIGH on their list. Then he can tell them about dem femminisssts corrupting modern human right movements while being beaten to death with a baseball bat.

This world hasn't seen dumber, more clueless right wing generations than yours.

Can't call me a right winger when I haven't voted for a party in some time.

I should have clarified more, modern movement as in the modern generation of those movements, seen as how feminism comes in waves, can certainly class them as the most current or 'modern' version. I'm pretty sure he's aware of the movements that gave him the right to be who he is, the ones they did something besides wanting to crush white mens balls and bitch about the patriarchy on twitter ^^.

I know you only see things from that perspective, but despite what the news networks tell you, the uk isn't going to devolve into your 1970s era anti human rights campaign.

Also, unlike in america, whatever reason they decided to stage protests here, kinda notice london isn't burning down. Almost like it hasn't devolved into violent anarchy :O.
They also are not protesting in london for any rational reason besides wanting to act like their doing something righteous, even when it makes no fucking sense, they would make more impact if they acted online to give support to those in america against the police violence like giving aid. But they aren't out in force in london for that reason, their doing it for selfish reasons just because their fed up with lockdown and used this as an excuse to come out in force.

I realize this is stemmed from because you got offended at the fact I called out the toxic nature of these movements today, but if you had the common sense to realize it you'd know full well these movements are flooded with toxic people who would burn down a hospital to make what they think of as a message. There are genuinely good people who want to see an end to the violence against innocent people, but their run over by the anarchists and opportunists who just want to attack the system.

Munch

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1266924387795709954?s=20

violent protestors wanting to destroy a target.

non-violent protesters defending the target from them.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on May 31, 2020, 11:38:20 AM
Only Black people hurting.  Only Black people oppressed by societal generality (economy etc).  Never see him comment on anything outside of 11% of the special pleading population.  Trever Noah is S African, not American.  Many here prefer Labour comedians from GB too.  Obama was politically post-colonial Kenyan.  Born in the US, but partly raised outside of it.  And politically his father's son (aka not American).  Don't mind foreign comments on US happenings of course.  That gives perspective.  How about the Chinese perspective?  No support for that here?  I like the Australian perspective, but there is just one conservative outlet there, it is much like UK.

Jews also think they are special.  They are not.  Also we are not oppressed individually or systemically in the US.  Except in a few NYC Black neighborhoods.
WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU!? Are you fucking serious?

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Munch on May 31, 2020, 03:35:20 PM
I don't get it. In america can say for sure theres a purpose to the violent protests because of the broken system there. But here, in the uk, there isn't that kind police brutality, the kind of level america has.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_by_country

I don't know what the aim is with these ones in london, if its to call for the uk to tell america to clean up its act, or if the outrage has pushed some delusion that non-white people have it as bad here as in america.

It's either the"Lost Cause" propaganda BS that started from the Wives of Confederates that escalated in prisons like Parchman Farms or its the aged culture effects of the Jim crow laws.

Cassia

I noticed over the years the racial jokes have abated but the racism is still there, smoldering usually. I still hear things, usually murmured on the sly. I call people out if I expect more from them. Others are just hateful morons and not worth it.

They have got to get all these racist and jaded cops off the force. I'd pay more taxes to work on these issues as it would pay for itself. Educate and pay cops well. It is a most difficult career. However the black community also needs to get a handle on the out of proportion crime rate. Admit it and work on it. If we are too political to even admit facts and find solutions, the future will be dismal.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

SoldierofFortune

Why, do you think, George Floyd was killed?

It is because something provocative must have happened to spark the protests.

He is among others who was victimized for some goal worth superior than their life!.. Believe it or not, this is so.

It is not humane, I know.

SGOS

My Sister in Suburban Chicago says there is looting going on at malls around her house.  Yesterday there was a drive by shooting on her corner.  The looting is mostly non violent.  People are just doing smash and grabs because the police are busy with protests on the other side of town.  I'm a little worried about their safety.

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on May 31, 2020, 08:28:58 PM
My Sister in Suburban Chicago says there is looting going on at malls around her house.  Yesterday there was a drive by shooting on her corner.  The looting is mostly non violent.  People are just doing smash and grabs because the police are busy with protests on the other side of town.  I'm a little worried about their safety.

peoples houses seem less targeted by rioters then establishments like shops and other public buildings. Of course your get opportunists in any situation like this. hopefully their safe and stocked up on food.

Hydra009

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on May 31, 2020, 08:08:27 PMWhy, do you think, George Floyd was killed?
I'm not a coroner, but I'm pretty sure it was from a cop slamming their weight on his neck.

Munch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on May 31, 2020, 08:08:27 PM
Why, do you think, George Floyd was killed?

its kinda like asking why did fred and rose west torture and kill their children. I'm convinced such people have an developmental impairment that stops empathy from forming in the brain, and the only joy they get is out of others suffering.