George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

I think Trevor Noah has hit the nail on the head. This is very much worth watching, but especially his comments about our societal contract from 8:17 to 12:04.
https://www.facebook.com/TrevorNoah/videos/271546193965209/
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

drunkenshoe

Thanks for the video. It's quite powerful.

About that 'legitimacy' and what happens when it breaks down... I've had experiences that changed how I see life, people... completely when I was a student. I do want to say a lot of things about it, just can't do right now.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 30, 2020, 11:24:57 PM
I don't recall doing that myself, probably one of my grandparents did so.

You - singular, or plural.  You knew what I meant ;-)  The plural version includes your 17th and 18th century ancestors (which probably includes some of my own ancestors).

The Labour people in GB or the Democrat people in the US, want you on the gay plantation, right next to the Muslim plantation in GB, or the Black plantation in the US.  You are not real gay, unless you accept their political agenda (which you can freely choose of course).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 30, 2020, 11:34:58 PM
Had a talk with my boyfriend about these recent events, and he gave his thoughts on it. He said how he feels that the original principle of black lives matters had merit to it, because black people in america are still looked down on and struggle, they do have problems and it needs attention given to the fact and things change for them.
However he said the problem with movements like BLM, same with the current wave of feminism and other similar political and social groups, is how they've become infested with toxic people, poisoning the well water, and making whatever the original concept of the movement meant to become corroded, and even become a entity that ruins the very concept of the original meaning.

This is why its hard to trust any modern movement now because of how much toxic people today ruin them for everyone, his own words.

Infested with FBI agent provocateurs, AntiFA, anarchists, violent Bernie Bros, former or current criminal population (very high in the US).  The Dems probably don't direct the violence from the DNC HQ, they simply grift it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 31, 2020, 08:10:33 AM
It looked like mostly white protestors were involved in that second video.  I guess people just enjoy a good riot.

Not all criminals are Black, not all Leftists are Black.  This has nothing to do with race, or the victim.  This is political revolution.  Which will die out in a few days, as they have always done in the past.  The last big White racist riot was in Tulsa OK .. in 1921.  Those White people need to be exterminated, right?

Political revolutionaries are just as much lunatics as Millerites waiting on a mountain in Arkansas in 1840 awaiting the Rapture.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 31, 2020, 08:19:06 AM
During the 2013 events, protestors have flown drones to record everything against censorship. I wonder if they could try doing that with lots of drones? One or two are bound to make? It needs organisation and planning though.

This was tried in Poland? I think.  Flying private drones is regulated in the US.  The official news organizations would be more likely to get a permit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on May 31, 2020, 09:15:15 AM
I think Trevor Noah has hit the nail on the head. This is very much worth watching, but especially his comments about our societal contract from 8:17 to 12:04.
https://www.facebook.com/TrevorNoah/videos/271546193965209/

Only Black people hurting.  Only Black people oppressed by societal generality (economy etc).  Never see him comment on anything outside of 11% of the special pleading population.  Trever Noah is S African, not American.  Many here prefer Labour comedians from GB too.  Obama was politically post-colonial Kenyan.  Born in the US, but partly raised outside of it.  And politically his father's son (aka not American).  Don't mind foreign comments on US happenings of course.  That gives perspective.  How about the Chinese perspective?  No support for that here?  I like the Australian perspective, but there is just one conservative outlet there, it is much like UK.

Jews also think they are special.  They are not.  Also we are not oppressed individually or systemically in the US.  Except in a few NYC Black neighborhoods.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Well, if you really want images of what's happening over here...

I really wish we could link to Twitter videos like YouTube, since most of the content

NYPD Officer flashing a white power sign, getting chuckles from his partners
(https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1266994073501487104)

Nurse treating a bleeding protester fired upon in medical tent w/ non-lethal ammo (no video evidence, just her account)
(https://twitter.com/Stephaniejing2/status/1267070108612136961)

Even have the Mennonites protesting...

A young girl in Seattle maced by officers who covered their badges to avoid identification...

Salt Lake City elderly man with a cane shoved to the ground by officers for *checks notes* waiting at a bus route
(https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1266908354821206016)

Peaceful African American protester has mask pulled off by cop, sprayed in the face with mace
(https://twitter.com/AJRupchandani/status/1266889115288711168)

A police officer in Seattle throwing a man to the ground and placing his knee on his neck in just the way Floyd was murdered (thankfully his partner notices and yanks the other officer's leg off, so props to that guy)
(https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1267011092045115392)

A teenage girl, walking home from buying groceries in Dallas, after being shot in the face by riot police for being out on the street

Protester shot in the eye by police officers (warning: lots of  blood on this one)
(https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1267029301389492224)

NYPD opening their car door as they speed past protesters to hit them
(https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1267048521787531267)

NYPD throwing a medic to the ground and arresting him, threaten people who film
(https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1267118313466822656)

LA...

Minneapolis...

Grand Rapids...

DC...

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

QuoteOnly official news sites coming up in any research. I doubt if people from other countries actually realise the dimension of what has been going on if they don't especially dig and even then they only see people attacking the police. Or some woman taking a dump on a police car.

That moderately surprises me, given how much Trump has eroded the relationship between us and Europe, that you wouldn't see more of things that make him look bad.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 31, 2020, 11:49:54 AM
That moderately surprises me, given how much Trump has eroded the relationship between us and Europe, that you wouldn't see more of things that make him look bad.

The MSM is global and interconnected, and work for the Elite.  If the Elite want Trump to look bad, they will.

Liked the one picture of the Mennonite women protesting.  They are pacifist, not Communist.  If from a farm, they are not like a kibbutz, they don't share property or children.

I am happy to feed W Europe to Russia.  Good riddance.  They are going to be a Chinese colony shortly.  End NATO now.  Brexit or not, the non-Tory parties will eventually have GB as a Chinese colony also.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on May 30, 2020, 12:15:18 PM
yeah. People what things to change for the better there. These violent protests are not helping that however, its just making things worse.

And that is exactly what instigators being shipped in from out-of-state want.

And as for the legitimate protesters who have turned violent...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ph5g0jb8cE

We know the causes of the riots. We have known about them since the 50s-60s when MLK made this speech, and we should have known them before then.

But have we done a single thing to address those causes, to fix them and to make sure they didn't boil over? No. We continued to worsen the situation, we continued to spit in the face of the people who protested peacefully and who warned us things were getting worse.

We have told peaceful protesters to shut the fuck up, you aren't American if you say anything about it. It's wrong, but it's also a situation we created. While the rioters have to be held responsible for their  violent actions... our society must likewise be held responsible for the violence it perpetrated on the African American community through it's racist laws, it's racist businesses and it's racist law enforcement.

The Civil Rights movement never achieved it's goal, it didn't fade away because "mission accomplished"... the media just got better and better at silencing it.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 31, 2020, 12:05:03 PM
So what are they suppose to do?

Get to work or die.  There is no free lunch.  This is why the lockdown has to be lifted, or they need to send out more $1,200 checks.

If you are unhappy, take drugs.  This is an old social control method dating back centuries.  Also make taking drugs illegal, so you can be arrested for doing what the Establishment wants you to do anyway.  In Czarist Russia, you were required to drink vodka (it was taxed, so that was the only convenient way for the Czar to tax the serfs).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 31, 2020, 12:05:03 PM
And that is exactly what instigators being shipped in from out-of-state want.

Shipping in protestors, some paid by Soros, is what elections are now.  This is the "warm up" to the election ;-p
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on May 31, 2020, 11:49:54 AM

There are MANY people supporting Trump around the world and so the police brutality and censorship on reality is always good. They admire him. They cheer to his tweets. So as I see it, it's the perfect PR. Poor white American police is being terrorised by the criminal minority of black people. This is not an exaggeration.

There are masses of far right nutters here. Trump supporters. Ironically they are anti gov,lol. They're growing nonbeliever groups, all of them are strictly young, heterosexual males who admire Trump. They are being educated in red pill, manosphere sites, translate everything in to Turkish, writing books -stolen from same sites or books written by those men- and sell them with different names to young men. Self-help... They're often sold in secret with different names to the specific audience. Or hand to hand...

People who have never been to the States in their lives, who have no idea about its history, its struggles, culture commenting about these protests right now, in a way that you'd think they've just got beamed off from the worst places you can think of in the USA.

Among them who have been to the Sates or living there see themselves as 'whites' and superior to all others out and in the country. Because their skin colour is white. These are mostly coming from uneducated families. (What westerners refer with White Turks is another problem, there is overlapping, but this is different.)

Their opinions, comments, arguments on anything in the States -or Britain and continental Europe- is exactly like from A to Z  crazy republican material. Racist, anti LGBT+, I am going to say anti-female because that is not even anti-feminism. But I repeat they're not religious or even theists. They are mostly nonbelievers actually.   

This has been going for some time. since 2015-16? Probably started before. I clashed with a few online, got threatened with law suits for simple things like saying 'fuck you'...etc.

I've been trying to tell how all trends in the States travel everywhere in light speed for years. This is it.

On a personal note, I doubt if these people actually understand that the United States of America is a sovereign nation and country made of 50 states with a very highly diverse population. I'm serious. Their perception is so fucked up, I think they see it as some cross between Wolf of Wall Street on one end of the scale and Boiler Room on the other. Like a huge version of one of those instagram accounts? Men with guns and half naked women, with cars and super yachts...

Their reaction to black people, hispanic people, LGBT+ groups, women are exactly like that man...what was his name? That republican piece of shit waste of carbon died a few years ago and people peed on his grave?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Yes, drunkenshoe, most people, including most Americans, don't look up to Voltaire, Rousseau or Robespierre.  Most people on the planet don't even know who they are.  That must frustrate European intelligencia no end.  European culture has been a complete shit show since 1783.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.