George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” - George Orwell, 1984 ... Democrats so uncreative they use "1984" as a political agenda.

"LEFTIST HIT BY CAR DIES, BLACK MAN CHARGED FOR IT, BLM LEADERS QUITTING DUE TO FAR LEFT AND ANTIFA" ... sad.  Don't be blocking highways at midnight.  Don't drive around a road block because you are a stupid driver.  Of course BLM leaders are quiting, now that they will be arrested for insurrection.  BLM isn't a failure, real BLM has never been tried.

PS - back in the day ...

"Protesters rally at Atlanta jail, demand release of woman accused in Wendy’s arson" ... back in the day, the KKK would rally outside the jail not to break some criminal out, but to lynch them.  Modern mob rule is so much more woke.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"LEFTISTS RETURN TO ARMED COUPLES HOUSE THIS TIME ARMED SECURITY WAS READY" ... I guess like the Minneapolis city councilors.  They get free guards, who are not cops.

"BLM AND BOOGALOO BOIS TEAM UP TO DEFEND THE SECOND AMENDMENT" ... proof this is all crisis actors.  Both sides are totally American.

"POLICE DEMORALIZATION HAS CAUSED CRIME TO SKYROCKET IN MAJOR CITIES" ... if the criminals are heroes then the police will choose a life of crime too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Armed protestors march through Confederate memorial park

QuoteOne video clip showed a leader of the demonstrators, who was not identified, shouting into a loudspeaker in a challenge to white supremacists who historically have used Stone Mountain as a rallying spot of their own.

“I don’t see no white militia,” he declared. “We’re here. Where ... you at? We’re in your house. Let’s go.”
A bit more militant than I would prefer, but at least they were peaceful and had the decency to not actually point their guns at people, evidently showing more restraint than both the PD and white supremacists known to stalk these sorts of protests.

Unsurprisingly, no one decided to attack or threaten or wave guns at an armed protest.  Apparently the lesson here is that if you protest peacefully and unarmed, a certain segment of the populace take this apparent vulnerability as an opportunity to strike.  And worryingly, a much larger segment will lick the boots of that first segment, turning barbaric violence into a political issue and its wrongness is merely a matter of political opinion, much like masks or global warming.  The solution?  Come dressed for the occasion.  People who perceive themselves as white lions tend to think twice before attacking rhinos.

Interesting trivia fact:  back in the 60s, when the Black Panthers carried guns in protest much like this one, a lot of people rather suspiciously changed their minds about open carry laws.  Methinks the motivating factor wasn't rising gun deaths in general or school shootings in specific.  Odd.

Baruch

Armed people make both sides polite.  If there had been a large body of unarmed pro-Confederate folks there, it might have gone different.  Blacks are no more pacifists than are Whites.  Violence is never necessary by anyone, except it promotes politics and the evening news ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

I don't support just any yahoo walking around with firearms. Repeal the Second Amendment. It's antiquated and is blocking any kind of sensible gun legislation.

A spate of shootings throughout the US left more than 150 people wounded and nearly two-dozen dead so far this weekend, including 67 gunshot victims in Chicago over a blood-splattered weekend, according to reports.

Police said 13 people were killed in separate shootings in the Second City, including a 7-year-old girl who was at a Fourth of July party in the city’s Austin neighborhood and a 14-year-old boy, the Chicago Sun-Times reported Sunday.

Hydra009

Yeah, there was a shooting death in Durham NC from celebratory gunfire.  Sad.  :(

I don't really have a problem with guns used wisely and purely defensively.  It's the offensive people we have to worry about.

Hydra009

And while I'm thinking about it, anyone considering marking a special occasion with celebratory gunfire should aim it at their feet before pulling the trigger.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 06, 2020, 11:14:44 PM
I don't support just any yahoo walking around with firearms. Repeal the Second Amendment. It's antiquated and is blocking any kind of sensible gun legislation.

A spate of shootings throughout the US left more than 150 people wounded and nearly two-dozen dead so far this weekend, including 67 gunshot victims in Chicago over a blood-splattered weekend, according to reports.

Police said 13 people were killed in separate shootings in the Second City, including a 7-year-old girl who was at a Fourth of July party in the city’s Austin neighborhood and a 14-year-old boy, the Chicago Sun-Times reported Sunday.

I don't trust Democrats with an armed toothbrush.  They might have Warsaw Pact tendencies ;-)

Yes, vigilantism is a bad idea, of course.  Reptile mind will misuse weapons by untrained civilians.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 06, 2020, 11:39:55 PM
And while I'm thinking about it, a word of advice for anyone considering marking a special occasion with celebratory gunfire:  aim it at your feet before pulling the trigger.

My dad and I fired a 22 rifle bullet straight up one time.  Sure enough, it came down very close to us.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 06, 2020, 11:14:44 PM
At the very least, any violent offense, whether or not a gun was involved, should carry a lifetime ban from owning firearms.  Especially domestic violence and child abuse.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

"SEATTLE HOLDS SEGREGATED TRAINING TO "UNDO WHITENESS," THE NEW RELIGION IS HERE" ... Bwahaha.

"ARMY GOES FULL ON FAR LEFT, CONDEMNS "MAGA" AS RACIST" ... only a faction of it.  Gen Lee rides again.  LBJ convinced African-Americans that the Dems were the good guys and the Republicans were the bad guys.  Racial baiting and buying votes.  It was very successful, and has damaged African-Americans ever since (aka modern Dem plantation).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Fuller death ruled suicide after investigation

QuoteRobert Fuller's death was initially ruled a suicide, but that conclusion outraged his family, who insisted that he would not take his own life. Locals, too, were skeptical, citing the area's troubled racial history. Thousands of people turned out in Palmdale in the days after Fuller's death to demand an independent investigation by California's attorney general into what many believed was a lynching.
The timing was also a bit strange; Fuller had been at a BLM protest just a day before his death.

QuoteOn Thursday, authorities said they had pored over the evidence and determined that Fuller's death was consistent with suicide and that a number of factors had led them to rule out other possibilities.

Fuller had a history of mental illness, and there were prior reports of suicidal ideation and that he had disclosed "a plan to kill himself" prior to his death, sheriff's Commander Chris Marks said at a news conference.
I didn't know all that.  Definitely makes suicide the more likely scenario here.

I hereby withdraw my initial skepticism about this story.  It does seem to be exactly what authorities initially concluded to be.  I consider it a good thing that the authorities took local/national fears seriously, investigated it, and were transparent with their findings.

Shiranu

For some good news...

75-some redneck dumbasses spent all day down in Houston just standing around a Sam Houston defending it from the imminent threat of BLM tearing it down. Apparently some old white woman on Facebook claimed that BLM had rented a bulldozer and left it "disguised" underneath 45 to later tear down the 67-foot tall, 25 ton statue. Some context about 45... it is literally ALWAYS under construction, and there is always work crew equipment nearby.

Needless to say, no one ever came to tear down the statue and this morons spent all day in 108 degree, humid as fuck weather looking like a bunch of clowns.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

I'm sure they will tear it down later just to piss the "75-some rednecks" off.