What is it like to do acid while in a dark room?...

Started by twozerozeroonefive, April 14, 2020, 07:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twozerozeroonefive

Something, something, something...

aitm

It was dark so I turned the light on. Then it got scary.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

Every acid trip is different, and everyone reacts to acid differently.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Early Ram Dass talking about LSD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZukYlZsUS8

Older Ram Dass talking about giving LSD to his guru:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH40j7Qf1VY

Terence McKenna is another advocate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMe82uve1JY

I haven't experimented myself.  I don't recommend self medicating except with the support of an experienced guru or alternative medicine doctor.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

From my admittedly limited experience with acid...

I was receiving a light show, so it wasn't pure darkness. However there were times I just had to lay down and close my eyes, and I would start to see shades of brown, purple, yellow that I hadn't seen since I was a little kid... colours pallets that just aren't really used any more and had a washed-out tint to them because of the old tube T.V.s we had ... wall-paper that was probably laced with all types of horrible chemicals and water tinted orange by the sulfur in the water.

Those colours would melt over me, and I would melt into them.

There were alot of emotional experiences going on as well, but those are a bit more personal.

That was the peak-wave anyways. The other couple of peaks were during a concert I was at, outside at night, but that certainly wasn't a quiet dark room lol.

----

If you want to add magic mushies, then one of my favorite experiences is sitting in my bathtub with the lights off and my head underwater... every time a droplet would fall from the faucet, I could feel the ripples on the water and see them in shades of blue, red, green... neon ripples just floating across my mind.

Like acid though, the easy things to explain are the visuals... but they are absolutely the least important aspect of the experience. It is the things you think and feel that are important, and those things are impossible to really convey in words.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

QuoteI haven't experimented myself.  I don't recommend self medicating except with the support of an experienced guru or alternative medicine doctor.

Having done my fair share, I would 110% recommend this as well. At the very least, treat them with respect.

I went into them for the "fun" of it and they kicked my ass... multiple times. Hallucinogens are not toys, they are not party drugs, they have serious psychological effects and can teach us a lot... but they will teach if we want them to or not. But that was a lesson I had to learn myself, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I really regret how many times I did various substances as an escape or a party enhancer and wasted the chance to use them for spiritual and mental exploration. And now that I've reached a point where I think I could appreciate them for what they are... my sources have dried up.

Don't take them granted.

Gawdzilla Sama

I did acid on Mt. Etna while it was erupting. At night. Lava bombs. Never trip without lava bombs.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

About four of us got all fucked up on angel dust. We thought it would be great to do the old plastics bag melt. You wind up a trash bag and hang it then light the bottom. As it melts and drops it screams like a dropping missed. We were all having great fun just sitting there, then Someone came in and turned on the ceiling fan we had the bag tied too....got really fun after that.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on April 15, 2020, 08:40:51 AM
About four of us got all fucked up on angel dust. We thought it would be great to do the old plastics bag melt. You wind up a trash bag and hang it then light the bottom. As it melts and drops it screams like a dropping missed. We were all having great fun just sitting there, then Someone came in and turned on the ceiling fan we had the bag tied too....got really fun after that.
You can tie dry cleaning bags in a series of knots, hang it from the ceiling, and light  it. The knots explode in series.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers