Author Topic: Does your spirit still roam the Earth after you die?  (Read 169 times)

Does your spirit still roam the Earth after you die?
« on: April 14, 2020, 12:01:53 AM »
It's weird because I had a dream where I died but my spirit was still able to roam the Earth and see everything...

But does it happen?
Something, something, something...

Online Hydra009

Re: Does your spirit still roam the Earth after you die?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 12:04:24 AM »

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 12:46:39 AM »
Does Donald Duck lay eggs????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 01:06:13 AM »
Does Donald Duck lay eggs????

He can, but he's not supposed to.

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

Offline Draconic Aiur

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 05:14:21 AM »
If they do, I'm haunting many people.

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 05:38:39 AM »
Dreams are just incoherent thoughts that we try to hammer into a rational scenario. There's no reality involved.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline Baruch

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 10:50:52 AM »
It's weird because I had a dream where I died but my spirit was still able to roam the Earth and see everything...

But does it happen?

Out of body experiences are metaphysical, not physical.  When you are asleep you are partly independent of time, space and personal identity.  Atheist deny the metaphysical, so for them, dream are just a bad reaction to what they had for supper ;-)  Regardless, the meaning of dreams is mostly too incoherent to interpret anyway.  You are trying to interpret your dream as a post-life ... but it may have been a pre-life, a parallel life or just something you had for supper that disagreed with you ;-))

A few nights back, I saw my parents, who have been "gone" for a number of years ... didn't seem to be much like heaven, hell, purgatory or a past memory.  Upon waking I was just happy to see them, and left it at that.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 10:53:34 AM by Baruch »
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ ła’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Offline aitm

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 11:52:26 AM »
I had a dream I was fucking Jessica Alba....just waiting for the reality show to show up.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Offline Baruch

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 12:19:05 PM »
I had a dream I was fucking Jessica Alba....just waiting for the reality show to show up.

Well, some dreams are sexy.  And we actually change sexes or sexual preferences compared to our daylight identity.  Are you sure you weren't Jessica Alba ... getting fucked?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ ła’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2020, 01:33:14 PM »
Fucking Jessica Alba has never dreamed she was you.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Online Sal1981

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 06:03:53 PM »
You're lucky you even remember your dreams. I hardly remember mine.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" --- Richard P. Feynman

Offline aitm

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2020, 07:48:43 PM »
Well, some dreams are sexy.  And we actually change sexes or sexual preferences compared to our daylight identity.  Are you sure you weren't Jessica Alba ... getting fucked?
Now now. Don't  go projecting your issues to me.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Offline aitm

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2020, 07:50:14 PM »
Fucking Jessica Alba has never dreamed she was you.
Hell yer jealous of my dream! 😏