News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Stimulus checks

Started by PopeyesPappy, April 13, 2020, 07:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on April 16, 2020, 03:51:03 PM
Andrew Yang lost the race, but won the argument.

Not quite.  Yang says, get a monthly check forever.  Trump says get a check one time, because of a pandemic.  The attempt to do guaranteed income in Finland failed, because even they are lazy assholes.

https://www.postandcourier.com/opinion/editorials/finland-s-failed-universal-income-experiment/article_4788d736-2efe-11e9-93c0-17ac4f1fcab3.html

Basically an idea based on worry about automation eliminating all jobs.  This is what Marx taught, because steam engines would take over the world, and that energy and infrastructure would tend toward zero cost because of always increasing automation.  But this is a misunderstanding of thermodynamics.

Full Soviet Union = full failure
Half Soviet Union = half failure

China?  They transitioned from Mao poverty to Xi prosperity, because they have actually moved from primitivist communism of the 60s to mercantilist fascism of the 2020s.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 16, 2020, 02:03:40 PM
We use Turbo Tax. Painless and thorough.
May have to do that this year.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Millions of people who use tax preparation services didn’t get their payments.  Customers who use tax preparation services such as H&R Block, TurboTax and Jackson Hewitt complained on Twitter and to The Post that they didn’t get their stimulus payments Wednesday.  IRS and Treasury officials said they are aware of these issues and are working to fix them.
This happened to me.  I filed using Turbo Tax.  They have my banking information, and Turbo Tax must act as a middle man.  Money gets transferred through them to the IRS, but the IRS doesn't have my routing and account numbers... or something.  I don't understand this, really.  As long as I eventually get my check I'm fine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/16/coronavirus-cares-stimulus-check/

Gawdzilla Sama

You agree to let Turbo Tax as your agent with the IRS. It was very quick for me and they asked questions I wouldn't have dreamed would be relevant. Added $350ish dollars to my return.

Primary Claimer: I have not authorized Turbo Tax to quote me.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Turbo Tax directed me to the IRS tool for claiming your stimulus check.  I then filled out information that I already gave to Turbo Tax.  The IRS site is not just for Turbo Tax users.  It's for anyone that got lost in the cracks.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 17, 2020, 10:04:40 AM
You agree to let Turbo Tax as your agent with the IRS. It was very quick for me and they asked questions I wouldn't have dreamed would be relevant. Added $350ish dollars to my return.

Primary Claimer: I have not authorized Turbo Tax to quote me.

But will it vote for you?  Will it choose Biden or Trump? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 17, 2020, 08:55:04 AM
This happened to me.  I filed using Turbo Tax.  They have my banking information, and Turbo Tax must act as a middle man.  Money gets transferred through them to the IRS, but the IRS doesn't have my routing and account numbers... or something.  I don't understand this, really.  As long as I eventually get my check I'm fine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/16/coronavirus-cares-stimulus-check/

IRS automatically forwarded my check to the bank where my last tax refund went to.  Routing and account numbers are at the bottom of your checks.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Lobbying Frenzy Unleashed On Capitol Hill By Massive Pool Of Corona-Stimulus Money" ... like piranhas ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQIo9r8ZcjM

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

I see I got a deposit of 1500.00 but I had some tax amendments this year as well so it may not have been that.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust