News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Stimulus checks

Started by PopeyesPappy, April 13, 2020, 07:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Anybody get theirs yet? Ours was deposited today. The Ms. ordered a new Foodsaver vacuum sealer. The one I bought 12-15 years ago is getting flakey. I'm going to order a mortising attachment for my drill press as soon as I can find a battery for my calipers to measure the quill and make sure it will fit. The rest goes into savings. Fuck stimulating the economy.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Hijiri Byakuren

Not yet. If it's the full $1200 (and it should be, with my income) I might spend a couple hundred on things I've been waiting on. But most of it is going into savings.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

SGOS

Shiranu

Pretty much all of mine will be going to savings and bills since it's due back at tax season.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

I'm a non working college student at 30, so, that makes me dependent. I receive a big middle finger from the government.

Gawdzilla Sama

I know people who have theirs. We're going to put ours on high-ish interest credit cards.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on April 13, 2020, 07:25:32 PM
Anybody get theirs yet? Ours was deposited today. The Ms. ordered a new Foodsaver vacuum sealer. The one I bought 12-15 years ago is getting flakey. I'm going to order a mortising attachment for my drill press as soon as I can find a battery for my calipers to measure the quill and make sure it will fit. The rest goes into savings. Fuck stimulating the economy.

You got it thru mail or direct deposit to where your usual tax refunds go?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 14, 2020, 05:22:17 AM
I'm a non working college student at 30, so, that makes me dependent. I receive a big middle finger from the government.

Potentially my adult daughter is in the same boat.  We will see ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 14, 2020, 05:39:52 AM
I know people who have theirs. We're going to put ours on high-ish interest credit cards.

i was dragging my feet, on reducing debt, after going into retirement, with no income (haven't filed for SS yet).  With the pandemic, I am paying off all my debts, credit cards first.  After that my car loan.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on April 13, 2020, 07:25:32 PM

A stimulus is money injected when the economy is running normally.  Juicing.  This is a fill-in, to replace money that would ordinarily be spent.  When the non-essential businesses open up, I will be happy to work on restoring income to the less advantaged.  I am tired of eating McDonalds ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Got ours today. Spent it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

I’ll just stick it in the bank, if I get one.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on April 15, 2020, 08:47:46 AM
I’ll just stick it in the bank, if I get one.

Like this one?

"Indiana man waiting for stimulus payment finds $8.2M in his bank account" ... I am from the government, I am here to help you ... ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

US Reps Tim Ryan (unrelated to the coronavirus-spreading Ryan) and Ro Khanna propose $2,000/month for at least 6 months.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 15, 2020, 12:01:45 PM
US Reps Tim Ryan (unrelated to the coronavirus-spreading Ryan) and Ro Khanna propose $2,000/month for at least 6 months.
Since a Democrat proposed it, I'm sure it'll immediately get shot down. Can't let the other tribe look good, now, can we?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel