News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How u r ELITE?

Started by SoldierofFortune, April 13, 2020, 04:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

I am elite by education and because I am man of character...

How u r elite?

SoldierofFortune

By the way...

I appreciate elitism...

aitm

Judging by some of your previous posts you seem to be giving yourself an awful lot of credit suddenly. Is this part of a 13 step program?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: aitm on April 13, 2020, 04:44:48 PM
Judging by some of your previous posts you seem to be giving yourself an awful lot of credit suddenly. Is this part of a 13 step program?

No. just suppressed inheret quality waiting for abreaction and for waiting to erupt.

Baruch

We are all unique, each in our own way.  I am no more unique than any other person, but there is only one of me, which will ever be.  Trying to make it the best "me" I can be ;-)

I am one of 13.1% of Adult Americans with a post-graduate degree.
I am one of the Adult Americans making up 330 million total minus 99 million children = 231 million adults
There are 7.8 billion people in the world.

So as an American adult , I am in the top 231/7800 x 100% = 3%, and among those 13/100 of that or 0.39% so ... part of the 1% defined that way.

As a child, I had an measured IQ of 143, with already put me in the top 2.1% of humanity at a young age.  Not that IQ matters.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on April 13, 2020, 04:30:46 PM
I am elite by education and because I am man of character...

How u r elite?

How are you elite?*

GSOgymrat

To determine if I'm elite, I must invite comparison to others.

"Comparison is the thief of joy."

I prefer to assume I'm unexceptional.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 15, 2020, 05:07:39 PM

We are all geniuses, at being ourselves, however embarrassing that might be ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 15, 2020, 05:07:39 PM

^this

I for a long time have felt that people who do their best tot prove they are extraordinary are simply afraid of being as ordinary as they actually are.
I used to be like that myself, growing up. But with coming of age, I started seeing the appeal of just being myself and not caring if others validated the 'specialness' i used to seek or not.

If normal is, by default, the norm, then who am I to say I'm not normal? And why would I have to go out of my way to prove it? And I why would I even want to be?
It's like in that Ricky Gervais show, Derek, which I kind of liked. The titular character is obviously limited in his capacities: autistic and seemingly mentally challenged. In one episode a guy tries heavily to persuade him to get tested and confirmed that he is 'special'. Derek refuses, failing to see the point as a label wouldn't change who he is and how he feels or thinks.

Who cares if we're exceptional or not, we're us all the same. And you better make peace with that.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Unlike our country (snark), I am not exceptional.  While I am unique (like everybody else), I am not unusual or different much.  I don't care much if I am or am not exceptional; I strive for contentment.  I don't measure if I am happy or not (what is that), but I can tell if I am content.  One goal of my life was to learn to like myself and to be content with that.  I have pretty much met that goal; being exceptional or elite never entered into to.  So, to answer the question, I am not elite nor do I care if I am or am not.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 17, 2020, 12:28:29 PM
Unlike our country (snark), I am not exceptional.  While I am unique (like everybody else), I am not unusual or different much.  I don't care much if I am or am not exceptional; I strive for contentment.  I don't measure if I am happy or not (what is that), but I can tell if I am content.  One goal of my life was to learn to like myself and to be content with that.  I have pretty much met that goal; being exceptional or elite never entered into to.  So, to answer the question, I am not elite nor do I care if I am or am not.

People who need validation go into performing arts or politics, but I repeat myself ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.