News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

GeoGuessr

Started by the_antithesis, June 24, 2013, 07:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Found a new website called GeoGuessr. What it does is it drops you randomly on Google Map's Street view and you have to guess where the fuck you are. You score points based on how close you are to the actual destination. You get five chances.

You can challenge this score here to get the same locations and try to guess better than I did. I did luck out and got two places very, very close.

QuoteGame finished!

You got 17761 points in total.

DunkleSeele

surly74

just under 12000 points...

there goes the rest of my day.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

wolf39us

holy crap this game is fun!

DunkleSeele

Challenge me on this!
QuoteGame finished!

You got 27865 points in total.

SGOS

I got one state right, at least:  Alaska!  But I was still 2100 miles from the right location.  It's fun.  Not sure what's going on with the challenge or the points.  I didn't care.  It was just fun guessing the location.

surly74

Quote from: "DunkleSeele"Challenge me on this!
QuoteGame finished!

You got 27865 points in total.

God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

surly74

the closest i've been to a spot is 0.009 KM from the target.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Fcaldas

Hey guys!

If you are still having fun playing GeoGuessr, you might be interested to know that its port has just been released to the Android platorm.

Here's the link: http://goo.gl/CKVCd

stromboli

Hey guys! Fcaldas posted on the forum and shows zero posts. Holy fuck, we got a ghost on the forum!  :shock:

stromboli

I've run into a few Geocachers in my travels. What a fun bunch. Nerds with smart phones and GPS locators looking for shit in strange places. Every time I see some person wandering around in circles and mumbling to themselves, I know I've found one. They invariably drive Volvos.  I don't geocache. I have this old school way of finding myself in remote locations. It's called a "map".

missingnocchi

What's a "Leppo?"